GreenAndMean is offline New Member

Teens and nutrition problems

Hey I'm kinda new around here,usually been reading stuff didn't post anything yet so here goes my 1st concern.
    As a Teen(18 years old) I'm having a one probably most common problem,how to make your parents buy you good food for your nutrition?
    I mean i tried to explain it to mom and dad for X times that i wanna follow my diet which will help me achieve better physique and healthier life,but they just don't get it serious enough...they probably think it's just a phase in my teen years or smth..I can't make them eat egg whites/tuna/beef etc,they buy me that for a few weeks but than again meals start getting crappy,like pizza and cola for saturday lunch(i started to hate that) and since we don't have much money i can't ask to eat something else if they are gonna eat family pizza(because that will hit it a bit on house economy),I do really have a strong enough character to not eat sweets that they buy and leave around the house(i limited myself to 1 banana in a breakfast meal for a cutting diet - even that's probably bad but can't evade it).Now when i think about it i just feel bad because it's like i won't be able to have a good nutrition till i start living alone and buying my own food and that will be in at least 1 year from now maybe even more.
    What do you guys suggest i could do to convince my parents?

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    get a job buy your own food its nearly impossible trying to explain to them
    even when i was 300 lbs i couldn't get my parents to help me they just kept trying to feed me unhealthy stuff

once they start seeing results they will take you seriously

GreenAndMean is offline New Member
    Problem is that's a bit hard..since i'm still in school and i'm a good student(atm it's summer vacation so i'm kinda free but that's not gonna last forever) and i'm planing to go to a college in a different country,i usually don't have much time for myself except for gym/cardio(when cutting)/studying/nutrition that usually makes up my free time,i go out rarely...still even with nutrition i kept for a few months i did a great progress,so finding a job would be kinda difficult(especially the country i'm living in is in very crappy position atm, a lot of the ppl don't even have job so not many would give it out just like that to some teen) because i lack a free time for it.

Thread Information