JWP806 is offline Senior Member

Early morning workouts

What do you guys typically have for breakfast pre workout?

My breakfast is typically 1/2 cup oats, 2 whole eggs, 5 egg whites. I just mix all of that together in a big bowl with a tablespoon of sugar free jam and try to scarf that shit down as quickly as possible. Now that I am bulking, I throw in a protein shake as well.

This past week I started going to the gym in the morning before work and I am liking that a lot better than going in the evening.

So, for my question, what do you guys have pre workout if its early in the a.m. and how long do you typically wait before you train?

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    I have been addicted to Kashi Go Lean Cereal, it has 13g protein and 9g of fiber, and it tastes great with splenda and cinnamon on it!. I eat 1cup of that with 1%milk, 2 eggs and 1 egg white. Then I wait 1 hour and drink a protein shake before leaving my house for the gym.

Yeah, I've had that before. The toasted berry crumble... But between the cereal and the milk, there is too much sugar for my liking.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    oatmeal pancakes dude if ur bulking!

140g blueberries
    234g lowfat cottage cheese
    7 large egg whites
    1cup oats

grind oats into powder, then add cottage cheese and egg whites. blend in food processor til smoothe (like pancake batter) and stir in blueberries (i get em frozen in a bag and defrost 140g for 2mins in mocrowave).

cook like reg pancakes and top with mrs butterworths sugar free syrup. feels like ur cheating! awesome!

658cals, 56g pro, 84g carbs, 12g fat

AcquireMass is offline New Member
    Cup of coffee. I workout shortly after waking. I generally eat my first meal post workout. Please don't give me any "your body needs fuel after fasting overnight BS". Some people have energy problems doing this and some don't. I personally feel better on empty gut. Only on leg days will I occasionally eat something pre.

Yeah, honestly I would rather go without eating and just having had a cup of coffee. Just to have something in my stomach, I have been having 1/4 cup of oats with 2 whole eggs and wait 30 minutes. I'd rather just get up, chug some coffee and head out. Just wondering what works for everyone else.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by AcquireMass
    Cup of coffee. I workout shortly after waking. I generally eat my first meal post workout. Please don't give me any "your body needs fuel after fasting overnight BS". Some people have energy problems doing this and some don't. I personally feel better on empty gut. Only on leg days will I occasionally eat something pre.
    Quite right. May help if you 'backload', ie plenty of carbs in your last meal the day before. I wouldn't wanna lift early having forced something down only 30-60 mins before.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    I normally have breakfast shake 2:1 pro/oats , pwo drink then straight into the gym
    This works for me

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Quite right. May help if you 'backload', ie plenty of carbs in your last meal the day before. I wouldn't wanna lift early having forced something down only 30-60 mins before.
    Glad to hear this. Even though I wasn't eating much, I still felt like shit at the gym.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Thread Information