mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hey 405: What is a high fat diet

Looking into possibilities of trying to change my carbs and fats around. I seem to respond well to fats, i like eating nuts and avocados and enjoy a good tbs of natty PB

Have you done much research into this micros approach? have you tested it yourself?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    mockery its a good question and one i really dont have an answer to but im sure someone else might. i do know high fat diets typically = keto. i am not a fan of keto personally. ive never lookd into it. TBH because bodyfat is pretty much the enemy and dietary fat is the most likely macronutrient to be stored as fat i have steered clear. u would prob have to all but eliminate carbs from ur diet altogether! i like the carb cycle.

i also know GB likes the carb cycle and i think fireguy is also a carb cycle guy. if its good enuff for them its good enuff for me. if there was something better to gain/lose from keto/high fat no carb diets i would expect thats the one they would utilize as well.

the idea of eating nothing but meat and a lot of fat also just sounds unhealthy to me. just my opinion good luck in ur venture!

dont quote me on this but i think keto could also run u into a prob losing muscle.. <<----something to look into!

Blog Entries
    yes i was on lyles site and was worried about this cause the only info i could find was on keto and high fat diet. Ad me to the list i love carb cycle as well.

thanks again mate.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    High fat diets typically imply low carb, although not in every case.

When you say you "respond well to fats", then go on to say you like eating nuts, avacados, etc. - do you know that your body actually responds well to fat as an energy source, or is it that you simply like eating these types of foods vs. carbs? Liking foods and responding well to them are 2 completely different things. I like donuts, but I sure as hell don't respond well to them. I just want to clear that up.

I have personally run a keto diet (look up ketosis for the long definition. In short, it's a metabolic state your body switches to when there are no carbs present, and therefore no usable glucose/glycogen to burn for fuel. Your body creates a byproduct called a ketone - a very usable and efficient energy source) twice, and didn't do well either time. I felt like crap, lost a bit of fat but a lot of size. It just wasn't for me.

If you're interested in keto, search the nutrition forum for a thread called The Cyclic Ketogenic Diet, thread started by ToP. There's a great deal of info in there.

If you're simply interested in a higher fat diet with lowered carbs, but not eliminating them all together - that's something you'd need to work into your diet plan and test out for a month or so before making a decision as to whether it's for you or not.

Blog Entries
    no no definitely don't want keto.. no thanks

yes it more along the lines of raising fats up from 20%, i seem to respond well from fats for energy, carbs always make me sleepy and feel sluggish, for me fats are like a redbull lol.

Blog Entries
    And of course when ,y body fat% is in check i will be running some anabolic . I know how hard it is to "eat properly" and the amount of clean food ill have to eat daily. Its not easy, so just looking into everything possible to making calorie intake as clean as possible but hopefully to make things easier to eat. im in a state of -900 calories right now, when i go to 2g of protein per and raise my calories out of that -900 deficeit and add on another 500+ its gonna be a huge struggle to eat. But if im cycling i refuse to fail and waste my time and money

Thread Information