Bigd89 is offline Senior Member

Diet plan for a slow cut. I need the diet guru's assistance!

6'3"
    255lbs
    17-18% bodyfat

I have been bulking since the age of 16. My starting weight was 175lbs with about the same bodyfat % right now.

My plan is to get to as low as 10% while keeping my precious muscle mass and strength. I really have no idea on how many cals I should be eating...I usually eat lots of lean ground beef and chicken with a couple protein shakes throught the day. Not much nutrients there I know lol.

Could I get some help on a new diet? My bench max is 420lbs, I would like to keep that the same or even stronger if its possible. I just introduced deadlifts into my routine about 2 months ago and so far I can only pull 390lbs. I plan on starting squats today.

Most recent picture about 4 weeks ago.

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Try to get your hands on lyle mcdonalds book
    The ultimate diet.
    You are a good candidate for that regime.

Oh, and start your squats

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I would start by reading the sticky's here, they are there for a reason. They teach you how to diet, calculate your TDEE, also show some foods and their macronutrients, etc. Read Read Read and then post a diet and we'll help you by giving you advise!!!

Thanks. The decription on the book is what im looking for, but the prices on amazon are rediculous

HCL
    HCL is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui
    I would start by reading the sticky's here, they are there for a reason. They teach you how to diet, calculate your TDEE, also show some foods and their macronutrients, etc. Read Read Read and then post a diet and we'll help you by giving you advise!!!
    ^ do this!

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    I was 270 4 months ago at 15% also 6ft3 Im at 220 now sub 10 but the loss of muscle and strength that I worked so hard to put on has dininished drastically although it is nice to see viens I never knew I had but I would have preferred to keep more of the mass IMO my next cut will be a standard 40 40 20 I tried increasing protein to 50 35 15 and done 45 min cardio eod I cut alright but I dont think I could put that much mass back on this winter and stay under 15% so like you said i would go for slow cut only cutting calories by 500 .

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    Thanks. The decription on the book is what im looking for, but the prices on amazon are rediculous
    UD2.0 is very good ive done it and starting a cut implementing it today actually. according to 9site caliper i went from 9% to 7.8% using that diet.. carb cycling is the way u wanna go. theres a thread called "hey 405 what is carb cycling?" ill bump for u..

also read stickies:
    1. dieting 101: cutting
    2. tdee

strength loss may present itself but nothing substantial IMO as long as u keep protein high and cyce carbs.. from my experience

Adam Williams is offline New Member
    Have you taken a look at the Dukan diet weight loss diet plan? The diet is divided into four stages and the first two stages are focused entirely on proteins. Carbs are only introduced in the third stage and in small quantities. I’ve been on the diet for 6 weeks now and I’ve found it the easiest to follow so far. Take a look!

Thread Information