rpewin01 is offline Junior Member

Help me pick a calorie goal

I am 31, been training for 2.5 years, 5'10", 180, 14%BF. I am doing my first cycle of Test C 500mg/wk.

My goal is to gain some LBM while shedding a little bit of BF. I understand recomping is not very efficient natural, but I am hoping I can get a good recomp effect with my first cycle and being a decent ways away from my natural max.

My maintenance calories are approximately 2500. My plan was to eat between 2500-2800 calories. Does this seem like a good number for the goal I am hoping to achieve? I don't mind sacrificing some gains to reduce BF by 2-3%, but I want to make sure I dont waste my cycle either.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your first priority? LBM gains or reducing bf%?

IMO, your caloric intake is on the low side for LBM gains. My nutrition plan for LBM gains currently is 3600-4000 cals per day, but this includes 5 days of training plus 4 days of fasted cardio.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rpewin01 View Post
    I am 31, been training for 2.5 years, 5'10", 180, 14%BF. I am doing my first cycle of Test C 500mg/wk.

My goal is to gain some LBM while shedding a little bit of BF. I understand recomping is not very efficient natural, but I am hoping I can get a good recomp effect with my first cycle and being a decent ways away from my natural max.

My maintenance calories are approximately 2500. My plan was to eat between 2500-2800 calories. Does this seem like a good number for the goal I am hoping to achieve? I don't mind sacrificing some gains to reduce BF by 2-3%, but I want to make sure I dont waste my cycle either.
    rp welcome dude!

at14%bf why not take 8weeks and cut down to 10%bf then run maintenance for 2 weeks then cycle where u can take full advantage? u dont need steroids to cut so instead of wasting money by limiting ur gains why not cut the fat off, be patient, and then hit it hard?

what id do

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    rp welcome dude!

at14%bf why not take 8weeks and cut down to 10%bf then run maintenance for 2 weeks then cycle where u can take full advantage? u dont need steroids to cut so instead of wasting money by limiting ur gains why not cut the fat off, be patient, and then hit it hard?

what id do
    x2

make sure to get your body normalized like he said with running maintenance for two weeks.

rpewin01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    rp welcome dude!

what id do
    I am starting this week b/c travel plans later in the year make it more difficult to start in 8 weeks.

My first priority is to gain LBM, but I don't mind sacrificing some of the gains to shed some BF at the same time. I have seen references to people saying they gained and lost BF while on a cycle, but not sure how common that is or what needs to be done to achieve that. I'd rather gain 10 lbs LBM and lose 2-3% BF than gain 15-20 lbs but keep BF same or higher.

Money is not an issue, and I am already on TRT. Biggest priority is to imrpove beach aesthetics over 2-3 months. I have cut to 10% and need more mass to look decent at lower BF, so I am not that interested in a full-on cut at the moment.

Thread Information