Psaletta is offline Member

Protein shake....?

What is the best protein shake mix out there? I'm currently running muscle milk @32g of protein per shake. Taste good too but, I feel like its a lot of fluff. Also I mix mine with 2% milk.. Is that good o bad? Thx!!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Milk depends on your goals., whole fat milk apprently is better for you then skim from studies i have read.

Go mad diet rocks if you wanna take your dead and squat over 400lbs

shredding down to single digit body fat not so much.

Muscle milk is expensive, i dont get the hype. I use the 35g whey isolate from Costco 1 carb and no filler.

Save your money and buy non seasoned/flavored boneless skinless chicken breast and skip the protein powder. whole foods will make you bigger stronger faster.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    for me, i get the cheapest whey isolate i can buy. it's currently running me about $8/lb delivered.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    for me, i get the cheapest whey isolate i can buy. it's currently running me about $8/lb delivered.....
    at what volume do you have to buy in? if you dont mind me asking. Also thanks again for the spread sheet.

YOLO10742 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psaletta
    What is the best protein shake mix out there? I'm currently running muscle milk @32g of protein per shake. Taste good too but, I feel like its a lot of fluff. Also I mix mine with 2% milk.. Is that good o bad? Thx!!
    I use iron science and get impact whey isolate 80% instantised and it cost me about £50 n lasts me a month.30g protein per serving and just pure protein!!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I used everything under the sun since I get it for damn near free. Syntha gives me gas like no other. Muscle milk is aight, but the ingredients are a little wack IMO. Since I have been cutting I don't use anything but straight whey really, maybe a tiny bit of muscle milk every once in a while. Just mix it with egg whites and oats and it's gTg.

Coolhand5599 is offline Member
    Syntha 6, ISO 100 and myofusion. The first two are the best tasting, they are actually very good. I will add a cup of blueberrys or dark cherrys to the myofusion and sometimes to syntha 6. The iso 100 is so good I don't want to mess with it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    The Syntha does taste good, but there is no way I would pay for that shit. If I did pay for my supps I would just use whey and liquid egg whites. . . But for free, it's great

abstetic is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    Can u give me the source on such product?

Razor is offline Banned
    Syntha 6 and optimum nutrition

abstetic is offline Banned
    Carnivor is best IMO it has 3G of creatine mono in it

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I personally have used muscletech products and always am very satisfied. I am using their mass-tech for lean gains and cutting, it's working great.i get most my carbs from this pwo.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I get my protien from Amazon. Cheapest around and if you subscribe to get it renewed each month or two automatically you save even more. And with the Prime membership 2 day shipping is free.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    at what volume do you have to buy in? if you dont mind me asking. Also thanks again for the spread sheet.
    I recently purchased 20 lbs of it, but you can get in 5lb increments.

glad you appreciated the spreadsheet =)

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No protein shake will ever replace proper nutrition. I limit my shakes to one a day on non work out days (upon waking, the first thing I have) and two on work out days (one upon waking and one after a work out). I use Optimum Nutrition or Forza Pro and each shake consists of: 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 cup of oats, 8 tbsp Greek yogurt, 6 tbsp egg whites, 1 cup almond milk, and 1 banana. It provides 850 calories, 9g of fat, 78g protein, 105g carbs.

As a general rule of thumb, the sweeter (or better tasting) your protein powder, the more sugar it is likely to have. Try to avoid protein powders where one of the first few ingredients is maltodextrin. That artificial sweetener is 7 times sweeter than normal cane sugar and is the main culprit for spiking insulin and promoting fat retention in many of the protein powders on the market - especially those sold as "mass gainers" (nothing more than fat gainers IMO).

Best way to grow and gain? Eat, eat, EAT!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    No protein shake will ever replace proper nutrition. I limit my shakes to one a day on non work out days (upon waking, the first thing I have) and two on work out days (one upon waking and one after a work out). I use Optimum Nutrition or Forza Pro and each shake consists of: 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 cup of oats, 8 tbsp Greek yogurt, 6 tbsp egg whites, 1 cup almond milk, and 1 banana. It provides 850 calories, 9g of fat, 78g protein, 105g carbs.

As a general rule of thumb, the sweeter (or better tasting) your protein powder, the more sugar it is likely to have. Try to avoid protein powders where one of the first few ingredients is maltodextrin. That artificial sweetener is 7 times sweeter than normal cane sugar and is the main culprit for spiking insulin and promoting fat retention in many of the protein powders on the market - especially those sold as "mass gainers" (nothing more than fat gainers IMO).

i just came reading this. people dont get it.. protein powder is bad causes cancer, misinformed micros on actual protein and and the large amount of sugar, buy unflavored whey iso to start but still look at the actual ingredients and Google them so you understand.

cindylou_38 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    I need to find a protein drink for weight loss not budy building

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk

Dude I'm glad I'm reading this I've just found a uk site thats doing 90% & 97% whey isolate that has zero sugar or carbs
    My ? Is should I buy this instead of on gold as I have been doing and add some off your ingredients obviously to fit my macros and cutting diet
    My only shakes are breakfast and bedtime
    Breakfast 2:1 protein &oats
    Bedtime 1 1/2 scoops of protein
    All my other food is real
    I want to change as its cheaper to buy the bulk than optimum nutrition I was thinking maybe something along the lines off
    Breakfast 2 scoops pro 1/2 cup oats 1/2 cup egg whites 1 tablespoon natty pb
    Bedtime 1 scoop pro 1/2 cup egg white 2 tablespoons ff Greek yoghurt
    Would these work?

Potential is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Dude I'm glad I'm reading this I've just found a uk site thats doing 90% & 97% whey isolate that has zero sugar or carbs
    My ? Is should I buy this instead of on gold as I have been doing and add some off your ingredients obviously to fit my macros and cutting diet
    My only shakes are breakfast and bedtime
    Breakfast 2:1 protein &oats
    Bedtime 1 1/2 scoops of protein
    All my other food is real
    I want to change as its cheaper to buy the bulk than optimum nutrition I was thinking maybe something along the lines off
    Breakfast 2 scoops pro 1/2 cup oats 1/2 cup egg whites 1 tablespoon natty pb
    Bedtime 1 scoop pro 1/2 cup egg white 2 tablespoons ff Greek yoghurt
    Would these work?
    well.. whey iso is great, i mean it should be one of the first ingredients for any protien powder. sugar causes insulin spike. but there are times you need those things... like right after your work out. sugar is actually a good thing then.. i dont like splenda.. has a lot of research saying its bad.. same with agave syrup.

Thread Information