Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sonnypitbull is offline New Member
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Need diet advice for clean cut

First i will add my stats : 5'9. 230lbs. 19% BF

I am hoping to cut down to 13-15% BF before starting a cutting cycle with gear, i have been training for 8years plus , and lots of bulking experiance but new to cutting , i have been advised to drop some BF before using gear again so i will give my detailed diet and training plan.

Meal 1- low carb Protein shake w/ all bran buds
    1 whole egg and 4 egg whites
    3 lean turkey slices

Meal 2- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheeze
    1 peice chicken breast or 1/2 cup lean ground beef

Meal 3- 2 tbs natural penut butter
    1 banana

Meal 4(post workout) - 1/2 cup whole grain rice
    3/4 cup of lean ground beef or 8 OZ sirloin steak
    Low carb protein shake

Meal 5- peice of fruit and 1/4 cup cottage cheeze

*Some meats are subtituted with tuna or salmon fillets

30 mins tredmill 4 days per week sprint/walk

Chest - monday

Bis - tuesday

Shoulders - wedsday

Back and legs - thursday

Triceps and forarms - friday

I am looking for any advice possible ... Thank you before hand

Blog Entries
    Anyone have any advice to throw in - Pros? Vets? I am serious about bodybuilding and want to be flooded with advice

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey sonny welcome dude..

read sticky:
    dieting 101: cutting

ur gonna need to calculate total cals and macros of above diet. and it will need some work

at 230lbs 19%BF ur maintenance is around 2750cals.. if i were u id start at 2250cals low carb

60/20/20 split
    2250cals
    337g pro
    112g carbs
    50g fat

keeping carbs at 20% or less will optimize ur ability to mobilize and burn fat.

have them pre workout and post workout. complex carbs. no fruit or dairy (except lowfat cottage cheese)

cardio: am fasted or PWO 45mins moderate HR around 130BPM 5-6 days per week

also a good fat burn cardio session: (fasted preferable)

5min warm up
    10mins HIIT
    5min complete rest
    20-40mins moderate
    5min cooldown
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 08-15-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the response , few more questions

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey sonny welcome dude..

read sticky:
    dieting 101: cutting

ur gonna need to calculate total cals and macros of above diet. and it will need some work

at 230lbs 19%BF ur maintenance is around 2750cals.. if i were u id start at 2250cals low carb

60/20/20 split
    2250cals
    337g pro
    112g carbs
    50g fat

keeping carbs at 20% or less will optimize ur ability to mobilize and burn fat.

have them pre workout and post workout. complex carbs.

cardio: am fasted or PWO 45mins moderate HR around 130BPM 5-6 days per week

also a good fat burn cardio session: (fasted preferable)

5min warm up
    10mins HIIt

5min complete rest
    20-40mins moderate
    5min cooldown

Hey man so my macros for today were a little off from were you recomended what should i ajust to acheive full potential

Cal-2126
    Proteins-268.3
    Carbs-168
    Fats-58

How do you acheive such high proteins and such a low carb percentage to get the calories you recomended?

And also on a side note how can i tell someone has replyed to my thread without having to search in the forums for my original posts???

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnypitbull

Hey man so my macros for today were a little off from were you recomended what should i ajust to acheive full potential

Cal-2126
    Proteins-268.3
    Carbs-168
    Fats-58

How do you acheive such high proteins and such a low carb percentage to get the calories you recomended?

And also on a side note how can i tell someone has replyed to my thread without having to search in the forums for my original posts???
    405 always has great nutritional advice. To add on something he recommended, fasted cardio puts your body into direct oxidative phosphorylation which feeds off fat stores. When fasted from sleep your body already has used a lot of your glycogen stores so you can utilize fat instead. You'll be much more efficient burning fat with fasted cardio and a correct nutrition an.

Blog Entries
    So a fasted cardio means a cardio session directly after i wake up in the morning??? Am i missing something here ?? Thanks again for your patience , this forum makes me feel like a true beginer , cant wait to seek cycle advice lol could be a realization that my last 4 cycles were done wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sonnypitbull View Post
    So a fasted cardio means a cardio session directly after i wake up in the morning??? Am i missing something here ?? Thanks again for your patience , this forum makes me feel like a true beginer , cant wait to seek cycle advice lol could be a realization that my last 4 cycles were done wrong
    fasted cardio means exactly what its called.. fasted cardio: cardio done in a fasted state. typically the best time for that is in the morning because u have been sleeping all nite. therefore its been at least 6hrs +- since u have eaten. ive read a minimum of 4 hrs is ok but longer is better.

postworkout cardio puts u into similar circumstances as being fasted. personally i prefer to do it in the am before eating.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnypitbull View Post

Cal-2126
    Proteins-268.3
    Carbs-168
    Fats-58

60/20/20 split
    2250cals
    337g pro
    112g carbs
    50g fat

looks like u need to increase protein by about 70g, decrease carbs by about 55g, decrease fats by 8g

achieving this is fairly easy IMO. need to see ur exact diet with cals and macros. do the above numbers represent the diet u posted in ur OP?

i suggest using a calorie tracking app like caloriecountdotcom (what i use). if u have an iphone it has an app for it. otherwise use ur computer. play with ur food sources to line up the numbers.

Thread Information