jojocircus03 is offline New Member

Red face Female member doing CKD and IF

Hi all. Iam new and have a few questions. I have been trying to cut fat for a long time. I have been doing IF since January and my progress has been slow but stayed off. In the last few weeks I have started doing the CKD plan while still doing the IF eating pattern(16 fast 8 hours eating). I notice that my Ketone levels are SIGNIFICANTLY lower in the morning in the last few hours of my fast compared to in the evening during my eatin cycle. Is this normal with CKD?

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Hi and welcome :-)

No, not normal at all! Ketogenesis works best when liver glycogen is depleted. So in the last few hours of fasting (and optimally workin out during this phase) this should be the case and the highest concentration of ketone bodies should be found.
    How are u testing?
    Last edited by Tx89; 08-19-2012 at 06:28 PM.

jojocircus03 is offline New Member
    Thanks! and that's what I thought but when I test right after my post workout meal around 2pm it says trace to small amounts. But then I test again before my last meal around 9-9:30p and it will say moderate to large amounts depending how many days in I am. I thought it would be the opposite. I use ketone test strips from a local store.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Well the thing with those Strips is that they arent really accurate. They sure can be an indicator if one is in ketosis or not, but they hardly produce exact results. Keep them in 2 seconds too long or short or wait 3secs too much before looking at the results and it will vary quite a bit!
    So dont let those guys worry u too much :-)
    Also for a succesful diet u dont Need to be in ketosis, so basically it does not really matter. Results matter, nothing Else :-)

Thread Information