Marc_83 is offline Junior Member

any Advice on lean gains?

Hello, bro's

I was going to jump on a cycle, but after reading and getting advice from people on here I decided to wait and go Natural for now. Reason is because I am only 172pounds, 13%fat and 5'9, 29 years old. I believe I can go up to 180pounds before jumping on cycle.

Is it possible to get down to maybe 10 or even 11% BF and get up to around 180pounds naturally in about 4 months? I know you need a surplus or deficit in calories but their has to be a way around lol.

My goal is 10-11%bf 177-180 pounds by January the 9th.

I have been training for over 10 years. But finally know what works best for my body.

My diet:

-1 scoop of whey upon waking up. 130 cal, 26 pro, 6 carb, 5 fat
    -breakfast: 3 eggs, 8 egg whites 1 cup of oatmeal: 570 cal, 58 pro, 60 carb, 15 fat,
    -2 chicken breast, 1/2 cup of brown rice, broc, 2tbs olive oil: 490 cal, 52 po, 30 carb, 12 fat,
    - '' same as above '' : 490 cal, 52 pro, 30 carb, 12 fat
    - same as above : 490 cal, 52 pro, 30 carb, 12 fat
    - 3 eggs, 2tbs olive oil, green leafs, 3 fishoil pills : 420 cal, 48 pro, 5 carb, 12 fat
    - before bed: cottage cheese 0% 4 fish oil : 400 cal, 56 pro, 10 carb, 4 fat

Total: 2990 cal: 344 pro, 171 carb, 72 fat.

Note* On my workout days (M/W/F), my pre workout is my breakfast and at the gym I have a NotricOxide drink. My post workout: 1/3 of oats, 2 scoop whey and a banana.

Also cardio on Tues and Thurs.

Please critique me and see If i'm on a good path.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    welcome! this place is full of the best advice in the world, literally! diet looks good IMO, but you may want to research carb cycling or doing a body re-comp. the gurus can help out a little better than i can but for now, do some searching about carb cycling and bulking. and about the leangains, i have been doing the IF (16fast/8eat) since Jan 1 and love it. i am cutting right now but i could see how you could use it to bulk up. its all about hitting your macros and it looks like you have your numbers straight. i want to say that cue-artist is cycling carbs and putting on mass so you may want to search for his thread or check out the IF thread, he may have poseted a sample diet in there.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-20-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks!

IF lol wow, I could never do that!! I never heard of this... Amazing! It goes against all my personal belief that you need to have consistent meals every 2 to 3 hours. Wow the things you learn! Seems like a good way to lose fat. But again I dont think I have the will power.

Carb cycling seems like a good way! after reading ''405'' cycling report sounds like I could adapt to. I think I might want to bulk a little more then do Carb cycling to get to a lower BF% without losing muscle.

Thanks again Ragincanjun you truly are a productive member! I learn something new today

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_83 View Post
    Thanks!

IF lol wow, I could never do that!! I never heard of this... Amazing! It goes against all my personal belief that you need to have consistent meals every 2 to 3 hours. Wow the things you learn! Seems like a good way to lose fat. But again I dont think I have the will power.

Carb cycling seems like a good way! after reading ''405'' cycling report sounds like I could adapt to. I think I might want to bulk a little more then do Carb cycling to get to a lower BF% without losing muscle.

Thanks again Ragincanjun you truly are a productive member! I learn something new today
    i had the same thoughts until i gave it a run. like i said before, i think it was cue artist who is using a carb cycle to bulk. 405's carb cycle is more for cutting. plenty of info around here with real life experiences!

Cue artist? Ok I'll check that out!

Thank you!

I can't seem to find it.

Do you have a link by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_83 View Post
    I can't seem to find it.

Do you have a link by any chance?
    cue-artist is a member here. it may be in the ask GB anything thread. can't remember where i saw it at

Ok Thanks I appreciate your help ragincajun!

Gbrice, if your reading this I have a lot of respect for your knowledge, I would appreciate if you can give me your 2cents.

Thanks.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 170 pounds and my abs were showing more.

I have been following this diet and its over my maintenance Tdee.

Anybody know why I'm losing weight?

I weighed myself this morning and I'm still 170pounds but I seem to be more ripped then yesterday (Yesterday I had my abs and cardio day). Is it possible to lose fat and gain muscle naturally at the start of a new regime?

Thread Information