Thread: raw eggs

hyphy_beast is offline Associate Member

raw eggs

I drink my eggs raw right before my oats when i get to work because... Well, I guess because I get lazy lol. Is this really bad? And is it likely I could get salmonella or something?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy_beast View Post
    I drink my eggs raw right before my oats when i get to work because... Well, I guess because I get lazy lol. Is this really bad? And is it likely I could get salmonella or something?
    Are these whole eggs, or egg whites in a container? The latter are pasteurized and safe to eat/drink raw. I wouldn't personally do it with the former, although I know people who do and have never had a problem. You do risk salmonella poisoning however.

Note that the bioavailability of protein from raw eggs is less than that of cooked. Just keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Are these whole eggs, or egg whites in a container? The latter are pasteurized and safe to eat/drink raw. I wouldn't personally do it with the former, although I know people who do and have never had a problem. You do risk salmonella poisoning however.

Note that the bioavailability of protein from raw eggs is less than that of cooked. Just keep that in mind.
    Just whole and raw and yes i remembering reading about cooking them causing greater bio availability. But i believe it's very minimal...
    Thanks

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Get pasteurized. Safer

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Get pasteurized. Safer
    Ya, I guess I might as well huh.
    Thanks

bp2000 is offline Associate Member
    Son it's 2012 almost 2013. We got dem dere pasteurized egg whites. Drink em up!

Quote Originally Posted by bp2000
    son it's 2012 almost 2013. We got dem dere pasteurized egg whites. Drink em up!
    lol!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Just whole and raw and yes i remembering reading about cooking them causing greater bio availability. But i believe it's very minimal...
    Thanks
    Raw eggs are about half as bio available as a cooked egg. Pasteurised or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Raw eggs are about half as bio available as a cooked egg. Pasteurised or not.
    Oh wow! Good to know I've been cutting myself short every morning. Thank you, I'm glad I asked about this.

capetown is offline Senior Member
    Take ur vitamins and say ur prayers.

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    Raw eggs are nasty going down. Never again. But if you really want, you can always boil or wash the outside of the egg. The shell is actually where the bacteria are.

But keep this fact in mind...Rocky drank raw eggs in Rocky I and ended up loosing to Apollo. In Rocky 2 we see him eating cooked eggs...and he ended up winning. So there you go. Cooked is better that raw.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylucifer
    Raw eggs are nasty going down. Never again. But if you really want, you can always boil or wash the outside of the egg. The shell is actually where the bacteria are.

But keep this fact in mind...Rocky drank raw eggs in Rocky I and ended up loosing to Apollo. In Rocky 2 we see him eating cooked eggs...and he ended up winning. So there you go. Cooked is better that raw.
    Haha great point

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I wish I liked eggs. Its such a staple for breakfast food. I tried again this week. I got some egg whites with 80 oz of bison. Tried to put them both on fork but started gagging right away. They are so ****ing gross to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    I wish I liked eggs. Its such a staple for breakfast food. I tried again this week. I got some egg whites with 80 oz of bison. Tried to put them both on fork but started gagging right away. They are so ****ing gross to me.
    Ya I do it almost every single morning and I still gag on almost every egg. I guess I just need to start waking up a lil earlier to cook. Or start hard boiling them by the palette...

Wow... I could eat eggs with every meal.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Wow... I could eat eggs with every meal.
    Raw? That's gnarly.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Pasteurised eggs are a really smooth texture. Barely taste of anything too. They make a protein shake nice and creamy. If you can handle the fact you ain't wasting 50% of the protein in them.

doc w is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy_beast
    Read once the rate of salmonella from raw eggs is 1/20000. I just was off the outside and have never had a problem. Although I'm only on eg 19446

Quote Originally Posted by doc w

Read once the rate of salmonella from raw eggs is 1/20000. I just was off the outside and have never had a problem. Although I'm only on eg 19446
    Ok so I have few more to go as well then lol

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylucifer View Post

This is what I did way back in high school (Mostly because Dan Duchaine said so...). Clean the shell well, and I was good to go. Well, not really. I still had to eat the raw eggs.

Raw? That's gnarly.
    Never.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    I remember when I was about 14 or 15 my dad and I were watching rocky.
    "Hey dad have you ever eaten raw eggs before," "Of course son, I used to back in the 80's all the time."

Well i cracked 3 eggs into a glass and chugged.
    never before has something came back up so fast

Now I makes sure to whisk the eggs lol

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Any data to back up that you lose 50% if u eat them raw? If so I will nuke my egg whites then put them in my shake.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    I actually found a way that I like to cook my eggs without doing them on a stove
    I'm sure people have heard of this before
    but i whip them up in a coffee cup an stick them in the mic for bout a minute and a half stirring occasionally
    comes out damn good especially with some seasoning in there

jklipouse is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy_beast

Ya I do it almost every single morning and I still gag on almost every egg. I guess I just need to start waking up a lil earlier to cook. Or start hard boiling them by the palette...
    I cook a cup (egg whites) in the microwave for 2min 15sec and eat them cook i love it wake up 5 mins early and your good to go also add ground beef and reduced fat ketchup 1carb 1g sugar its great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jklipouse

I cook a cup (egg whites) in the microwave for 2min 15sec and eat them cook i love it wake up 5 mins early and your good to go also add ground beef and reduced fat ketchup 1carb 1g sugar its great!!!
    Just gave this a shot when I got to work this morning. Just added a lil sriracha and it was good to go! Don't know why I've been choking them down raw all this time...

Thread Information