Thread: Advice on diet

LAW08 is offline New Member

Advice on diet

Hi all.

My scenario: I have 16 weeks till I get married and have quite a bit of fat to cut. I'll be going to a dietician for an eating plan. I'm looking at maintaining whatever muscle mass I have and cutting as much fat as possible. I'm 32. 5.11 and weigh 100kg. I have been training for quite a long time but have never been able to cut.

My current diet is shocking, I'm in for work so the 8 weeks are doing damage. I haven't been able train as well.

My normal diet would be:
    Am: oats and a protein shake
    Snack: protein shake and a fruit
    Lunch: chicken fillet or Tuna with brown rice or veg or salad
    Snack: protein shake - usually 2 hours before training so I take it as my pure workout meal
    Training: protein shake straight after
    Dinner: try stay away from my carbs, chicken/beef with a salad of sorts

Drink between 4 and 6 liters of water depending on the day.

I guess there is a lot I can change here, I am unsure if I'm eating enough protein, and I doubt my cardio is good enough. But nutrition is a mofo to get right and try keep interesting.

Any help would be appreciated

Squats33 is offline Associate Member
    Looks okay to me as long as you stick to it, but you should be eating less calories than your body needs to maintain... and try to do Cardio on an empty stomach so the only fuel your body has during that exercise period is fat. Fat has 9 calories per gram whereas carbs and protein have 4. Your body will burn fat when it doesnt have a better nutrient source to use. The body loves to burn protein and carbs because they are like filet mignon to the body whereas fat is cube steak. But when the body has no choice, it taps into your fat stores and eats it! So try to hit cardio on an empty and fasted stomach

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW08 View Post
    Hi all.

My scenario: I have 16 weeks till I get married and have quite a bit of fat to cut. I'll be going to a dietician for an eating plan. I'm looking at maintaining whatever muscle mass I have and cutting as much fat as possible. I'm 32. 5.11 and weigh 100kg. I have been training for quite a long time but have never been able to cut.

My current diet is shocking, I'm in for work so the 8 weeks are doing damage. I haven't been able train as well.

My normal diet would be:
    Am: oats and a protein shake add some egg whites in the morning meal
    Snack: protein shake and a fruit drop the fruit
    Lunch: chicken fillet or Tuna with brown rice or veg or salad stick to fibrous vegetables instead of rice
    Snack: protein shake - usually 2 hours before training so I take it as my pure workout meal i would add complex carbs to this meal eg. Chicken breast and sweet potato or brown rice
    Training: protein shake straight after you may want to add some carbs to your pwo shake
    Dinner: try stay away from my carbs, chicken/beef with a salad of sorts good job staying away from carbs here

Drink between 4 and 6 liters of water depending on the day.

I guess there is a lot I can change here, I am unsure if I'm eating enough protein, and I doubt my cardio is good enough. But nutrition is a mofo to get right and try keep interesting.

Any help would be appreciated
    These are some suggestions in bold. Make sure all protein sources are lean. Eg grilled chicken breast..

Thank you for the assist man.
    Really appreciate the help.

I have been told I need to take in a minimum of 2g of protein / kilo = 200g. To maintain. Now to burn fat, one should increase muscle right? So should I take in more protein?

100000g my weight means I should eat 10000 calories? I think my maths is wrong

digsy1983 is offline Member
    welcome law,
    a good starting point for your stats would be 2100-2200 cals. split 20% carbs 60% protein 20% fats.

2200 cals (20/60/20) =
    110g carbs
    330g protein
    49g fat

4-6 sessions of cardio a week, keeping heart rate around 135bpm. any more and your body cant burn fat that fast. best time for cardio is in ther morning before you eat breakfast "fasted" and/or after your gym workout.

yeah, the more muscle you have the more cals your body needs to maintain it, but for a short term fat loss this isnt gona apply! you need to physically burn fat by eating the correct foods and also exercising.

eat carbs before and after your workout. complex carbs only!! no sugar and no fruit.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    read sticky:

dieting 101: cutting

whats ur bf%? dont know? FIND OUT!

Thank you for the assist man.
    Really appreciate the help.

I have been told I need to take in a minimum of 2g of protein / kilo = 200g. To maintain. Now to burn fat, one should increase muscle right? So should I take in more protein?

100000g my weight means I should eat 10000 calories? I think my maths is wrong
    That math is definitely wrong!

Look up TDEE calculator online and if you'd like to lose weight start with 500 calories below maintenance.

You should definitely be eating a good amount of protein especially if you're dieting. I personally go for 1-2g per pound of body weight per day all yea round and adjust carbs and fats depending on my goals.

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate it.

Will be doing the bf % soon and drawing up a meal plan with the help of a dietician. I'll be banging the cardio in the am from now on.

Will keep a record and hope to post some results in a couple of weeks

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate it.

Will be doing the bf % soon and drawing up a meal plan with the help of a dietician. I'll be banging the cardio in the am from now on.

Will keep a record and hope to post some results in a couple of weeks
    No problems and keep us posted. I'm interested to see what kind of diet a dietician recommends

Thread Information