thatguy94 is offline New Member

18years old, need advice on Weight loss

Hey, I just have a few questions any advice will be appreciated. I'm 18 years old, 6ft 1" and almost 290lbs. I go to the gym, and run for 30mins 4-5x a week. I life weights, do ab workouts, and for some reason I CANT lose my stomach or weight. I've cut down on my meals, but i feel thats the hardest part because i live with my father, and we eat ALOT of rice. So my questions are.

How can I lose weight?

Can I take anything to help me?

How do I take it?

Side effects?

What am i doing wrong?

Should i JUST do cardio? to lose the weight first, then work out by lifting weights? or does it matter?

I dont want to be ripped with HUGE muscles like people who compete, i just want to be healthy for once and lean, have a flat stomach.

I would like to be 200-220. My ultimate goal is 185.

How to diet in terms of food, like more veggies, no carbs, no ones ever taught me how to watch what I eat I'm also trying to learn here as well.

Just any advice please. Thanks

Wes201 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Diet diet diet...... Cutting down on meals could be either good or bad. Its also about WHAT your eating! Cutting down to much is no good either. You should never let your body be hungry. The most common mistake people make when trying to loose weight is starving themselves. Im not saying your actually starving yourself, that may be a little bit of an exxageration, but skipping meals is not the answer. Its eating the right meals and the right amount of times a day......Im sure more knowledgeable people with better experience will chime in soon. In the meantime browse through the stickies and threads already here and youll find a lot of helpfull information
    Last edited by Wes201; 11-19-2012 at 09:22 AM.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    post your diet so we can look at it.
    the trick is having a good diet, with healthy carbs and a lot proteins, some work out
    and a lot of cardio, special in the early mornings hours at empty stomach, will burn a lot of fat out.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy94 View Post
    Hey, I just have a few questions any advice will be appreciated. I'm 18 years old, Great since you have a lot on your side! 6ft 1" and almost 290lbs. I go to the gym, and run for 30mins 4-5x a week. I life weights, do ab workouts, and for some reason I CANT lose my stomach or weight. I've cut down on my meals, but i feel thats the hardest part because i live with my father, and we eat ALOT of rice. So my questions are.

How can I lose weight? hang here and learn how to eat. Best thing you could do for the rest of your life. Lucky you!

Can I take anything to help me? Like what? if chemicals? nope. Food is your best chemical. 'tis true!

How do I take it? Take what?

Side effects? of what? if chemicals and if your BF is not low as in near 15% then you could get unwanted side effects. And since you are 18 you already produce a ton of hormones since at your peak. So try to take advantage of this while ya got it. Many here would like to have that edge. Also nobody here will recommend chemicals for anyone who is 18. The last thing you want to happen is end up in the Over 40 forum trying to correct your hormones forever.

What am i doing wrong? Make a list of what you are eating and the members can let you know. May as well get the expert help here. It is unbelievable. And will change your life. I promise.

Should i JUST do cardio? to lose the weight first, then work out by lifting weights? or does it matter? Do both since the cardio will help shed the BF especially if you get up and go out the door first thing when you get up. Does not have to be super duper fast in the morning. Just cardio. And also lifting will build muscle and muscle burns BF. And you also want to keep tight once the weight starts coming off. And and additional cardio later in the day higher intensity will really take it off. This really worked for me. TWO cardios a day and watch the magic happen!

I dont want to be ripped with HUGE muscles like people who compete, i just want to be healthy for once and lean, have a flat stomach. This is all food related.

I would like to be 200-220. My ultimate goal is 185.

How to diet in terms of food, like more veggies, no carbs, no ones ever taught me how to watch what I eat I'm also trying to learn here as well. Well start a log. PLEASE.

Just any advice please. Thanks

Hey! I hope some above helps you. Looking forward to your log. May as well start! Good luck!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thread Information