blazerelf is offline Associate Member

Looking for high glycemic index (GI) foods, help!

This is for my post workout shake, I use to put 1 cup oats in it but since oat has GI id like to go for something which wil improve my growth and digest faster, I'm sure many wil say go for dextrose but unfortunately i havn't find that suplemnt in my country (not even in GNC) and either way id like to save some money going for something natural; I thought about putting alot of fruits on it but i was checking the GI list for fruit and te only one with hight GI was watermelon (ugh..) and most of the common fruit like apple, grapes, cheries etc were quite low, I'm a ectomorph and oat was a good source of carbs which i do need badly so i need to compensate it; Please provide me some suggestion of Post workout sources of carb I could use, and if it is something i can actually mix with my shake on the blender even better!

Thanks!

LiveFitBeFit is offline Just a banned Fat boy!
    Banana my dude

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You don't need high GI in your diet anywhere. Pats and banana post workout is fine. No sugar, no dextrose, no maltose, nada!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with stem.
    Your body will be wanting calories and needing them for many hours after your work out.
    Common misconception of the protein companies that are telling us we need some protein immediately after or we are not maximizing our work out.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You don't need high GI in your diet anywhere. Pats and banana post workout is fine. No sugar, no dextrose, no maltose, nada!
    Agreed. High GI foods aren't necessary, but if you want them anyway - stick with fruits.

Thread Information