anahny is offline Associate Member

Your not eating clean..just admit it!!!

I want to be the first to admit I don't eat. 100% clean although I do my best. Most at least 75% of people on here don't. Now I'm not saying I run the McDonalds everyday, but occasionally (not on cheat days) I might go to chick fil a and grab a nice chicken sandwich (which is roughly 43g protein, 40g carbs and 15g of fat). Keep in mind at the end of the day I do reach my macros with the exception of a little extra fat. But for the most part I try to eat as clean as possible. Lean chicken fish, eggs (don't like steak) veggies etc. But I noticed a few people who claim they eat clean but yet they have a hard time making progress and gaining.

I'm just putting it out there.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Depends on when. Right now, definitely not. When I get serious about my cut, I'm usually very disciplined. I'll be starting a new cut mid-February, so for now, i'm just enjoying myself... although maybe a bit too much.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Do I eat clean? Yes very

Is it 100. Clean? No chance

The hardest thing about bodybuilding is the diet especially cutting for me which I'm doing now. No bread, low fruit, low carbs its a nightmare. I love McDonald breakfast can't wait to bulk again

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Depends on when. Right now, definitely not. When I get serious about my cut, I'm usually very disciplined. I'll be starting a new cut mid-February, so for now, i'm just enjoying myself... although maybe a bit too much.
    How long will you cut for? I'm also starting my cut around that time. I'm like you when I cut I'm serious but but bulking man its hard lol
    Last edited by anahny; 12-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anahny View Post
    How long will you cut for? I'm also starting my cut around that time. I'm like you when I cut I'm serious but but bulking man its hard lol
    12-16 weeks... depends on how I look and feel after 12 weeks. Agreed... bulking is tough because I get in the mindset that I can make allowances and concessions when I KNOW I shouldn't. Cutting is like... all or nothing for me.

What are your current stats?

12-16 weeks... depends on how I look and feel after 12 weeks. Agreed... bulking is tough because I get in the mindset that I can make allowances and concessions when I KNOW I shouldn't. Cutting is like... all or nothing for me.

What are your current stats?
    Right now I'm 194lbs, 10%bf, 6 foot. I'm starting my 8 week cycle in January so my cut is planned for March

Right now I'm 194lbs, 10%bf, 6 foot. I'm starting my 8 week cycle in January so my cut is planned for March
    Damn... I wish I was 10% and planning a cut... lmao

TinyBeal is offline New Member
    Haha I wish I was just 10%!

I will get there! Single digit bf% is my goal!

Damn... I wish I was 10% and planning a cut... lmao
    I've always stayed around 10% and usually go no higher than 12% while bulking. I workout 7 days a week. I'm assuming my body fat will be 11-12% after my bulking cycle so I will bring it down to 7% and maintain that for the summer

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I've always stayed around 10% and usually go no higher than 12% while bulking. I workout 7 days a week. I'm assuming my body fat will be 11-12% after my bulking cycle so I will bring it down to 7% and maintain that for the summer
    i hate you! hahaha

Nice... that's a perfect range IMO. Ideally i'd stay with 10-13... but my discipline gets out of line and I wind up somewhere around 16-18% where I am now. I'll get back down to my avy BF (hopefully lower) by June though.

Nice... that's a perfect range IMO. Ideally i'd stay with 10-13... but my discipline gets out of line and I wind up somewhere around 16-18% where I am now. I'll get back down to my avy BF (hopefully lower) by June though.
    Wow that's a big jump. I'm sure you'll be back down in no time

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Never 100% clean. Even when cutting I can usually make it 2-3 weeks before I have a bad day or at minimum a bad meal. Maybe next time I cut will be different since I plan on pinning for that. Mass building is almost a free for all. Try to stay away from sweets and beer for most part but still have 2 or 3 cheat meals a week, maybe more.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Ugh, I just ate a mouthful of peanut butter and honey. I figured it was cheating less than putting it on bread.

Wow that's a big jump. I'm sure you'll be back down in no time
    Yea, I admittedly let things get out of control this time around. Not overly concerned now. I know how to cut. Just gotta get back in my groove and stay consistent, the rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Ugh, I just ate a mouthful of peanut butter and honey. I figured it was cheating less than putting it on bread.
    lol. Sometimes I just squeeze the honey right into my mouth. Pretty sure I have a sickness.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    id say my diet is clean 95% of the time while cutting and probably 80% of the time while doing everything else..

^^ that's about it for me too. Ok, maybe 70% during the 'everything else'

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    lol. Sometimes I just squeeze the honey right into my mouth. Pretty sure I have a sickness.
    That is what I did. Spoonful of peanut butter and then squeezed the honey in my mouth. Delicious!

Yea honey ewwwww that's just sick. I think i would throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    That is what I did. Spoonful of peanut butter and then squeezed the honey in my mouth. Delicious!
    A man after my own heart!

Yea honey ewwwww that's just sick. I think i would throw up.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    not a fan of honey at all. i do like honey butter though! especially on hushpuppy balls!!!!!!!!

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    I probably stay on my diet 97% of the time year round except for holidays. I haven't had fast food in over 7 years and I can't remember the last time I had pizza. My cheat meal is sushi -_-

I've been eating this way for so long that I don't miss any of the high sugar/bad foods.

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post
    I probably stay on my diet 97% of the time year round except for holidays. I haven't had fast food in over 7 years and I can't remember the last time I had pizza. My cheat meal is sushi -_-

I've been eating this way for so long that I don't miss any of the high sugar/bad foods.
    Wow I'm the opposite. Pizza for cheat. Had sushi one time..... Didn't see what the big deal was. I Prefer shrimp.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    Wow I'm the opposite. Pizza for cheat. Had sushi one time..... Didn't see what the big deal was. I Prefer shrimp.
    Ahh have to try it more then once and you have to go with someone who knows what to order. Can't just go in there to get a california roll. I could eat it multiple times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMAL View Post

See, I need to get to this point. I just haven't dieted consistently long enough to completely lose my taste for junk food. I have managed to stay away from fast food etc. for the most part, but I'm still a sucker for junk like cookies and chips, etc. That's where I get really weak. February is MY time though!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsiv
    Do I eat clean? Yes very

Is it 100. Clean? No chance

The hardest thing about bodybuilding is the diet especially cutting for me which I'm doing now. No bread, low fruit, low carbs its a nightmare. I love McDonald breakfast can't wait to bulk again
    Thx goodness u r a guy. I have a slow metabolism and have to watch like u describe when I am on maintenance. It's worth it but I would luv a boost to my metabolism.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

Thx goodness u r a guy. I have a slow metabolism and have to watch like u describe when I am on maintenance. It's worth it but I would luv a boost to my metabolism.
    Wouldn't we all lol I suppose its all about motivation and determination. I am doing well cutting but I would love a day to gorge

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My diet is pretty clean at the moment, I dont have much in the way of animal fats at all. If I go out food shopping, I usually buy just stuff I need, no treats.

HOWEVER, if bad food is placed in front of me, I find it hard to resist. I can easily go through a pack of chocolate digestive biscuits in quick time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    My diet is pretty clean at the moment, I dont have much in the way of animal fats at all. If I go out food shopping, I usually buy just stuff I need, no treats.

HOWEVER, if bad food is placed in front of me, I find it hard to resist. I can easily go through a pack of chocolate digestive biscuits in quick time.
    What breaks me is when I'm out and the beautiful smell of something tasty I go for it lol. Which is weird because my girl eats clean perfectly. The only time she eats junk is when I force it to her face lol. I'm wrong Hahahahaha. But still you would think her discipline skills would rub off on me... Guess not

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by anahny

What breaks me is when I'm out and the beautiful smell of something tasty I go for it lol. Which is weird because my girl eats clean perfectly. The only time she eats junk is when I force it to her face lol. I'm wrong Hahahahaha. But still you would think her discipline skills would rub off on me... Guess not
    Awhhhh you r a sabatore. Shame on you . Your gal has much willpower!!!

Thread Information