K1NGxAD1O is offline New Member

No Motivation In New Bulking Diet :/

Hi, I've been trying a new bulking diet on fitnesspal, which I tuned a little to more to my goals, but after only a week in, I'm finding it more of a struggle to meet my requirements than beneficial to my goals. For instance, I drink protein in the morning, as a late morning snack, as an afternoon snack, and before bed, and eat protein rich foods, but still can't get to where I need to be on a daily basis. Its nerve-racking, almost like extra duties that I have to wear myself out with everyday. My carbs and fat are doing good, it's mainly calories and protein that I can't get up, and it's demotivating me slot. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, I forgot my stats. They are:

6'4" (76")
    184 lbs
    10%BF
    Again, any help is requested and appreciated.

ickythump is offline Member
    I'd love to see some responses i struggled with this before!!

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by K1NGxAD1O View Post
    Hi, I've been trying a new bulking diet on fitnesspal, which I tuned a little to more to my goals, but after only a week in, I'm finding it more of a struggle to meet my requirements than beneficial to my goals. For instance, I drink protein in the morning, as a late morning snack, as an afternoon snack, and before bed, and eat protein rich foods, but still can't get to where I need to be on a daily basis. Its nerve-racking, almost like extra duties that I have to wear myself out with everyday. My carbs and fat are doing good, it's mainly calories and protein that I can't get up, and it's demotivating me slot. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    protein shakes isnt the best way to bulk....its a supplement meaning to take in addition to but not replacing food. ur nutrients/calories need to come from actual food
    bulking can be a chore but dont get discouraged u have to practically force urself to eat sometimes
    if u can post what u eat it can be better understood in what we have to do to guide u

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    id like to see ur diet.. how many cals and what r the total macros??

at 184lbs 10%bf u dont NEED more than 250-300g protein (of which i could eat, and do eat often, in 3 meals)..

My whole diet plan is on my fitnesspal profile, but a usual day ends up looking like 5 meals, roughly 200g protein, 300 carbs, and 2500-2700 calories. I'm looking to get closer to 360g protein, 400 carbs, and 3200 calories, hence my dismay to my diet recently. Hopefully this is helpful in your assistance. Thanks for the replies

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    id like to see ur diet.. how many cals and what r the total macros??

at 184lbs 10%bf u dont NEED more than 250-300g protein (of which i could eat, and do eat often, in 3 meals)..
    ^^ This.... Lets see it please

My whole diet plan is on my fitnesspal profile, but a usual day ends up looking like 5 meals, roughly 200g protein, 300 carbs, and 2500-2700 calories. I'm looking to get closer to 360g protein, 400 carbs, and 3200 calories, hence my dismay to my diet recently. Hopefully this is helpful in your assistance. Thanks for the replies
    Hey,

please post the diet in detail, each meal with amounts of food and macro break downs, plus total calories and macros for the whole day.

to give a proper answer we need all the information.

Thanks!

Okay here's yesterday:

UPON WAKING UP
    GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
    3 Scoops
    Cal 280
    Fat 1g
    Carbs 7g
    Pro 60g

2% Milk
    24oz
    Cal 360
    Fat 15g
    Carbs 36g
    Pro 24g

EAS 100% Whey Protein
    2 Scoops
    Cal 150
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 7g
    Pro 26g

BREAKFAST
    Chunk Light Tuna
    1 Pouch
    Cal 90
    Fat 0g
    Carbs 2g
    Pro 19g

8oz water

SNACK
    Peanut Butter
    2 tbsp
    Cal 190
    Fat 16g
    Carbs 8g
    Pro 7g

12oz water

LUNCH
    Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich
    Cal 510
    Fat 23g
    Carbs 57g
    Pro 30g

Med. Coke
    Cal 240
    Fat 0g
    Carbs 66g
    Pro 0g

SNACK
    Tuna Can
    Cal 160
    Fat 8g
    Carbs 0g
    Pro 20g

EAS 100% Whey Protein
    2 Scoops
    Cal 150
    Fat 2g
    Carbs 7g
    Pro 26g

2% Milk
    12oz
    Cal 180
    Fat 7.5g
    Carbs 18g
    Pro 12g

DINNER
    Lasagna - Meat & Cheese
    .2 of 9x13 pan
    Cal 692
    Fat 38g
    Carbs 38g
    Pro 48g

Arnold Palmer Half & Half
    1 Can
    Cal 150
    Fat 0g
    Carbs 42g
    Pro 0g

SNACK
    GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60
    3 Scoops
    Cal 280
    Fat 1g
    Carbs 7g
    Pro 60g

2% Milk
    12oz
    Cal 180
    Fat 7.5g
    Carbs 18g
    Pro 12g

12oz water

TOTALS
    Cal 3612
    Fat 121
    Carbs 313
    Pro 344

This is the only day I got close to or at my goals. My usual day consists of a different lunch or one less shake, but this is the basic layout of my daily intake.

Thanks for posting the diet.... It definitely needs serious work.....

you have 4 Protein shakes in one day, now thats a bad idea... you need solid food... 1 shake a day, 2 max IMO.

Also, you have Wendy's chicken sandwich in there with a coke... this is terrible... you're going to gain fat from this not muscle, especially the coke.... just empty calories.

Just trying to be honest here, this looks like a lazy diet.... shakes, tuna and chicken burgers from wendy's.... If you want to bulk properly, you need to eat better quality food and take a little time to prep some meals in advance and freeze them.

Your carbs sources are pretty much all from sugar which are high GI carbs, which is not good.

I would reconstruct this diet and focus on Turkey breast, Chicken Breast, Tuna, other lean fish, lean beef.... carbs from low GI carbs like sweet potato, oats, brown rice... eat some eggs and egg whites, and only incorporate 1 or 2 shakes max and I would mix em' with water not 2% milk.

based on your stats your tdee is just shy of 2500cal, so I would put your diet between 3000cal to 3300cal maybe even 3500cal if you don't mind adding a little extra fat during this bulk.

My 2cents

the format of ur diet above makes it hard to look at.

the diet is horrible. wendys sandwich and a coke dude? u serious?

i counted 9 items that are liquid. ur gonna have to figure a way to eat better actual food man. ur diet has a ton of sugar and a lot of bad fat.. do u typically stay lean without much trouble?

read this: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UOIpwW_edP9

ur gonna need to just start from scratch man. theres no point in even going over that diet. just know it is terrible.

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Good posts above..A good bulk doesn't come easy. It took me a while to figure out how to fit it all in. Putting together a routine for prepping food made the difference for me. Every night I get home from work, I throw my chicken in the over, my rice in the cooker, and get whatever else I am going to eat ready for the next day. I portion everything out, put it in tupperware, and have it ready to go for the next morning. It took me a little bit to get in the habit of doing that, but now it just feels normal. I I don't prep, I usually meals. Once the consistency is there, you start feeling good. It may take a bit to get use to eating larger amounts of food. It comes in time. Don't get discouraged. We've all been there an you have plenty of support from this board.

http://youtu.be/0-_4ke5SUL4

As I post this, I am mindlessly chomping down on chicken breasts.

I was chompin' down massive amounts of broccoli....

Newdog2015 is offline Junior Member
    What helped me was eating breakfast.
    5-6 Egg whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    Toast and jam
    Yogurt with granola

Also a good snack I found that helped was getting soft tortilla shells putting peanut butter and honey on them..taste so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi
    I was chompin' down massive amounts of broccoli....
    Good ol broccoli ...I hate it when you've eaten so much chicken or broccoli that no matter how much you chew it, you can't swallow it..I'm at that point now. Chew, swig water, repeat!

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post

Good ol broccoli ...I hate it when you've eaten so much chicken or broccoli that no matter how much you chew it, you can't swallow it..I'm at that point now. Chew, swig water, repeat!
    After about 2 years of massive amounts of eggs that's how it was for me.

Yeah, i know this diet sucks, that's Why I'm trying to get it all in place. I've never really focused on nutrition, so I do need the advice on making a good diet. Thanks for all the help so far.

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Wen you have a shake add 1 cup raw rolled oats, two tbspn peanut butter, half cup mixed frozen Barrys and I scoop whey. It's about 750 cals made with 2% milk and around 55 grams protein

Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    Wen you have a shake add 1 cup raw rolled oats, two tbspn peanut butter, half cup mixed frozen Barrys and I scoop whey. It's about 750 cals made with 2% milk and around 55 grams protein
    Sounds good. Thanks. Can't wait to try it!

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11
    I'd drop the milk. Unnecessary sugars. Add liquid egg whites and some almond milk for greater viscosity. Occasionally I add PLAIN Greek yogurt (far better than other yogurts nutritionally) and some extra virgin olive oil to increase essential fats and get a clean high cal shake.

Yeah, i know this diet sucks, that's Why I'm trying to get it all in place. I've never really focused on nutrition, so I do need the advice on making a good diet. Thanks for all the help so far.
    did u read the sticky i suggested in post # 10?? if not, read it now. if so, u should be able to come up with better food choices for a proposed diet and lets see them..

at 184lbs 10%bf u have 165.6lbs LBM

rough maintenance: (LBM x 15) 165.6 x 15 = 2484cals (call it 2500)

ur bulking cals should be between 2850-3000cals

pick ur split (i like 40/45/15 pro/carb/fat) or u could do 40/40/20

figure up the macros and post a new diet with better food choices and lets see what u come up with. be sure to include meal times and workout time and total cals and macros.

HeadAndArm is offline Junior Member
    I'd say add some more clean carbs brown rice, quinoa, oats, yams. Learn to cook different meats if your bored canned tuna will always be lame throw some red meats in there.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

did u read the sticky i suggested in post # 10?? if not, read it now. if so, u should be able to come up with better food choices for a proposed diet and lets see them..

at 184lbs 10%bf u have 165.6lbs LBM

rough maintenance: (LBM x 15) 165.6 x 15 = 2484cals (call it 2500)

ur bulking cals should be between 2850-3000cals

pick ur split (i like 40/45/15 pro/carb/fat) or u could do 40/40/20

figure up the macros and post a new diet with better food choices and lets see what u come up with. be sure to include meal times and workout time and total cals and macros.
    Yes I checked the link and it helped out alot. Finally getting a decent plan together. Thanks for helping thus far.

Thread Information