energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

energizer bunny cutting diet (please critique)

ok here goes, i have piled on the lbs despite being very active and fit......i just eat super bad!

Im out of bed for work anywhere between 0300 and 0530 Monday through Friday this all depends on where im working that day, i leave the house 30mins after waking and im out the house for 10 hours. 2 nights a week Monday and Tuesday im at college for 3 hours.

so the times of my meals will vary greatly but im going to stick to this plan....

my workout schedule (im going to follow baselines power,hypertrophy) ive been training a lot of combat sports this past year but due to college and work im having to take a step back untill college is over, so heres my new plan.

Monday- Lower Body power day
    Tuesday- Upper Body power day
    Wednesday- Muay Thai, MMA
    Thursday- Lower Body hypertrophy (20mins HIIT bag work)
    Friday- Upper Body hypertrophy (20mins HIIT bag work)
    Saturday- a.m run....p.m sparring session
    Sunday- Rest

Stats

height 5.6
    weight 86.5kg (192lbs)
    BF% 25

with 405s help i worked out my maint cals to be around 2200 so im aiming with this diet to hit 1800 a day with a 50/30/20 split pro/carb/fat

meal 1-whey pro,almond milk,oats

meal 2-eggs (2whole 4 whites), 1 slice burgen bread,5 gram butter

meal 3-chicken breast (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) rice(will change this up with potatoes staying in macros) veg (peppers and greens)

meal 4-(PWO) whey pro, dextrose,almond milk

meal 5- mince beef (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) fish oils, veg (peppers and greens)

meal 6-caesin pro,almond milk, fish oil

total macros using my fitness pal

calories 1893, 213grams pro, 131grams carbs, 57grams of fat.

I know its a long read and thanks for staying the distance!..........ill start a log and take photos etc.

Cheers!

edit.....i havent included macros from veg.
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 01-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Bunny im busy til this afternoon but ill chek later this envening

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Bunny im busy til this afternoon but ill chek later this envening
    thats excellent,,,,,,,cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Stats

height 5.6
    weight 86.5kg (192lbs)
    BF% 25

with 405s help i worked out my maint cals to be around 2200 so im aiming with this diet to hit 1800 a day with a 50/30/20 split pro/carb/fat

meal 1-whey pro,almond milk,oats

meal 2-eggs (2whole 4 whites), 1 slice burgen bread,5 gram butter

meal 3-chicken breast (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) rice(will change this up with potatoes staying in macros) veg (peppers and greens)

meal 4-(PWO) whey pro, dextrose,almond milk

meal 5- mince beef (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) fish oils, veg (peppers and greens)

meal 6-caesin pro,almond milk, fish oil

total macros using my fitness pal

calories 1893, 213grams pro, 131grams carbs, 57grams of fat.

I know its a long read and thanks for staying the distance!..........ill start a log and take photos etc.

Cheers!

edit.....i havent included macros from veg.
    highlighted in bold are things id consider getting rid of when progress slows. the almond milk, is it flavored and/or sweetened??

DROP ur fats down to 40g

these are ur goal macros:
    1800cals
    225g pro
    135g carb
    40g fat

ur close enuff on protein and carbs but are over on fat.

57g fat = 513cals

513/1893 = .27 (27% total cals from fat) this number is too high. cut down to 40g and 20% total cals

everything else can stay for now as i am sure u will drop fat with this diet considering ur stats, just be prepared for ur progress to slow at some point and when it does u will need to tighten things up..

re-post revised diet with fat macro no greater than 40g..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 01-01-2013 at 07:41 PM.

cheers 405......almond milk is original unsweetened........

ok mate ill cut the fat back to 40gram..........how much of an effect would keeping fat at 57 gram have on my results?

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    cheers 405......almond milk is original unsweetened........

ok mate ill cut the fat back to 40gram..........how much of an effect would keeping fat at 57 gram have on my results?
    while u can be a little bit slack on ur food choices right now i would not suggest getting in the mindset ur leaning towards. as u can see u make one allowance (dextrose PWO, raisins, etc..) and now u want to deviate from ur goal macros.. see where im going?

fat 40g..

while u can be a little bit slack on ur food choices right now i would not suggest getting in the mindset ur leaning towards. as u can see u make one allowance (dextrose PWO, raisins, etc..) and now u want to deviate from ur goal macros.. see where im going?

fat 40g..
    ha point taken mate, no problem ill cut the fat.....raisins? i hate those things so no chance of ever eating them..............in milos video he says that PWO i/you/we are allowed fast acting carbs and that would be ideal time to take them......what ill do is use what i have and see if it hinders my progress, if it does ill change it up.

chhers again.

raisins: LOL.. sorry confused u with someone else.. LOL.. happens

IMO if ur gonna have high gi carbs better to have em pre workout..

that milos video is a bit out dated from my understanding. ive never watched it as i couldnt get it to load at the time i wouldve considered it.

the purpose of planning out goal macros is because u intend to stick to them..

raisins: LOL.. sorry confused u with someone else.. LOL.. happens

IMO if ur gonna have high gi carbs better to have em pre workout..

that milos video is a bit out dated from my understanding. ive never watched it as i couldnt get it to load at the time i wouldve considered it.

the purpose of planning out goal macros is because u intend to stick to them..
    cheers again,,,,,,,whats your reasons for choseing carbs pre workout over post workout?.......

here goes, take out 1 whole egg =6.5 grams of fat
    take out 2 servings of almond milk = 4.4 grams of fat = 10.9 so say 11gram :O) that leaves 46 gram of fat, that lowers calorie to roughly 1793...hows that?

^^ i think ur missing the point here..

ur running a 50/30/20 split..

with carbs set at 30% total cals IMO u dont want fat over 20% total cals.. 46g fat = 23% total cals..

if u wanna go ahead and run it then run it and u can make changes later. but ur already starting out the gate not hitting ur intended macro total which IMO is bad practice..

^^ i think ur missing the point here..

ur running a 50/30/20 split..

with carbs set at 30% total cals IMO u dont want fat over 20% total cals.. 46g fat = 23% total cals..

if u wanna go ahead and run it then run it and u can make changes later. but ur already starting out the gate not hitting ur intended macro total which IMO is bad practice..
    ok cheers, ill go for egg whites only, which should take me to 39 grams of fat.......see how it goes, i might change meal 2 up......

BIG thanks 405, really appreciate you taking the time to help me..
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 01-03-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Thread Information