Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    twitz is offline Female Member

Diet advice please !! :)

Hi Guys & Gals,

I would really appreciate your help and thoughts on my diet. I’m not sure what all I need to give you, but I’m looking to lean out a bit without doing much cardio, just a clean diet and good training program. I’m wondering if I’m timing my meals OK, and if I’m having carbs with the correct meals etc.

- 31yr old female
    - ~ 155 lbs.
    - ~ 19-20 % BF

I was doing GVT and eating a ton, 3000-3500 cals/day. Stopped that about a month ago now and have been trying to hit the 1800-2000 cals/day range but I have just started thinking about meal timing & macro breakdowns. I’m on an anavar cycle and I will be training at a pretty high intensity. I keep a log in the members section or just let me know if more info is required.

BMR = around 1475
    TDEE =around 2280

Meal #1 (around 8:30am) – 2 scoop whey, 1/3 cup frozen berries, 2 tbsp. chia/hemp/buckwheat seeds, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
    459 cals / 30gr carbs / 6gr fat/ 64gr protein

Meal #2 (around 11:30am) – 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 1 tbsp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar
    345 cals / 5gr carbs / 20gr fat / 45gr protein

Meal #3 (around 2:30 or 3pm) - 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 1 tbsp. Italian dressing
    269 cals / 7gr carbs / 10gr fat / 45gr protein

Meal #4 – Pre W/O (around 6-6:30pm) - - 6oz chicken breast or fish, greens, ¼ cup brown rice
    313 cals / 23gr carbs / 7gr fat / 47gr protein

Meal #5 – Post W/O (around 9:30-10pm) – 1 cup egg whites, spinach & hot sauce
    127 cals / 1gr carbs / 0gr fat / 29gr protein

Meal # 6 – (around 10:30-11pm) – 1 scoop casein, 2 tbsp. total omega
    222 cals/ 14gr carbs / 10gr fat / 25gr protein

Totals:
    - 1740 cals
    - 80 carbs
    - 53 fat
    - 255 protein

- I eat my PWO within 15 mines - ½ hour of training. Is that OK? I usually do a shake but already have 2.
    - I do not have any carbs in my PWO – Is this OK?? It is my first time NOT having them PWO, but I’m training later now.
    - I would like to keep a shake in meal #1 as I put my vit B in it. That stuff is nasty on its own!
    - I take peptides am/pre w/o and pm, so I can’t have any carbs around those times
    - I have a cheat meal twice a week. Usually some sushi during the week and maybe a latte and sushi or steak on the weekend.

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitz
    Hi Guys & Gals,

I would really appreciate your help and thoughts on my diet. I’m not sure what all I need to give you, but I’m looking to lean out a bit without doing much cardio, just a clean diet and good training program. I’m wondering if I’m timing my meals OK, and if I’m having carbs with the correct meals etc.

- 31yr old female
    - ~ 155 lbs.
    - ~ 19-20 % BF

I was doing GVT and eating a ton, 3000-3500 cals/day. Stopped that about a month ago now and have been trying to hit the 1800-2000 cals/day range but I have just started thinking about meal timing & macro breakdowns. I’m on an anavar cycle and I will be training at a pretty high intensity. I keep a log in the members section or just let me know if more info is required.

BMR = around 1475
    TDEE =around 2280

Meal #1 (around 8:30am) – 2 scoop whey, 1/3 cup frozen berries, 2 tbsp. chia/hemp/buckwheat seeds, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt

Meal #2 (around 11:30am) – 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 1 tbsp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar

Meal #3 (around 2:30 or 3pm) - 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 1 tbsp. Italian dressing

Meal #4 – Pre W/O (around 6-6:30pm) - - 6oz chicken breast or fish, greens, ¼ cup brown rice

Totals:
    - 1740 cals
    - 80 carbs
    - 53 fat
    - 255 protein

- I eat my PWO within 15 mines - ½ hour of training. Is that OK? I usually do a shake but already have 2.
    - I do not have any carbs in my PWO – Is this OK?? It is my first time NOT having them PWO, but I’m training later now.
    - I would like to keep a shake in meal #1 as I put my vit B in it. That stuff is nasty on its own!
    - I take peptides am/pre w/o and pm, so I can’t have any carbs around those times
    - I have a cheat meal twice a week. Usually some sushi during the week and maybe a latte and sushi or steak on the weekend.

I believe he tdee is around the 1860 mark, which means ur only eating about 100 under ur tdee. Unless that's different for women...I'm not sure on that tbh

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I believe he tdee is around the 1860 mark, which means ur only eating about 100 under ur tdee. Unless that's different for women...I'm not sure on that tbh

-TroN-
    That wouldn't be good

Does this look right:

BMR = 655 + (9.6 x 68kg) + (1.8 x 173 cm) - (4.7 x 31yrs) = 1473

TDEE = 1473 x 1.55 (mod active) = 2283

Thanks for your help TroN1

I go by the: lbm x 15 formula

That's what I use, I believe stem, 405 and a few others use that formula too, now idk if that formula goes for females too, but since ur on var, I can't imagine it'd b too terribly different. Might wanna inquire with the vets and monitors as they may have a bit for experience with humans better sex

-TroN-

That's what I use, I believe stem, 405 and a few others use that formula too, now idk if that formula goes for females too, but since ur on var, I can't imagine it'd b too terribly different. Might wanna inquire with the vets and monitors as they may have a bit for experience with humans better sex

-TroN-
    Awe if it's 1860 I can cut a few things back but do you think the layout is ok? timing of carbs etc?

thanks for your help!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

-TroN-
    You're good to go with this mate. Macro split is personal to the individual, I think you'll be able to work it out with Twitz. 20% fat is pretty standard for a female though.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Hi Guys & Gals,

- 31yr old female
    - ~ 155 lbs.
    - ~ 19-20 % BF

BMR = around 1475
    TDEE =around 2280

Totals:
    - 1740 cals
    - 80 carbs
    - 53 fat
    - 255 protein

Yeah, the carbs in meal 6, is that carbs in ur shake?
    And I'm assuming the carbs in meal 5 r from the spinach?
    If the carbs in meal 6 are from ur shake id consider getting a leaner shake, and go complete cpwo. Then adding more brown rice pre workout

-TroN-

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally don't think you need two scoops of whey for breakfast, have one and then have one later in the day or something after training

Also, you eat as much protein as me, I think you can cut that back a hefty amount also.

Yeah, the carbs in meal 6, is that carbs in ur shake?
    And I'm assuming the carbs in meal 5 r from the spinach?
    If the carbs in meal 6 are from ur shake id consider getting a leaner shake, and go complete cpwo. Then adding more brown rice pre workout

-TroN-
    The carbs in meal 6 are from the omega drink (omega, flax etc) I have. There are 4 carbs in the scoop of casein. Should I drop that and Just get plain fish oil?

Carbs in meal 5 are from the spinach.

cpwo - complete post workout? sorry, I don't know what you mean by cpwo

I'll increase the rice to 1/2 up PWO

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I personally don't think you need two scoops of whey for breakfast, have one and then have one later in the day or something after training
    Ok Thank you!

Also, you eat as much protein as me, I think you can cut that back a hefty amount also.
    LOL... I know, I'm a beast

Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    She's only 15g over 2g/lbm. And judging by her split, 60/20/20, I'd venture to say she's carb sensitive, and on a cut. So, now this is an assumption, but she replaced some carbs with protein, and the amount of protein she has I think is fine considering she's on aas. It will also help keep her full.

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You're good to go with this mate. Macro split is personal to the individual, I think you'll be able to work it out with Twitz. 20% fat is pretty standard for a female though.
    I'll use 1860 as the TDEE then. THANK YOU

What I had worked out to be about 27% fat, I'll try to get it around 20%.

Thanks again

Brick is offline Member
    I'm dieting and weigh 208 and im only eating 1700 on low days

The carbs in meal 6 are from the omega drink (omega, flax etc) I have. There are 4 carbs in the scoop of casein. Should I drop that and Just get plain fish oil?

Carbs in meal 5 are from the spinach.

cpwo - complete post workout? sorry, I don't know what you mean by cpwo

I'll increase the rice to 1/2 up PWO

Thanks again
    I would, at Walmart they have some omega pills, 3,6 & 9.
    Personally, I wouldn't even count the spinach at all.

Cpwo, carb less post workout. Carbs blunt gH post workout and fvcks with ur insulin sensitivity. I'll see if I can't dig up some info on it for ya.

-TroN-

She's only 15g over 2g/lbm. And judging by her split, 60/20/20, I'd venture to say she's carb sensitive, and on a cut. So, now this is an assumption, but she replaced some carbs with protein, and the amount of protein she has I think is fine considering she's on aas. It will also help keep her full.

-TroN-
    That's exactly what I was thinking!!

THANK YOU TroN!!! You're so quick!!

Lol, doesn't make you a beast, I actually looked at your numbers for what you eat, you literally eat more than me...and I have 40 pounds on you. You could totally cut 1 of those shakes out of your plan . Do you need that casein shake at 11pm at night? Probably not, eat some meat for your last meal of the day and that will have you covered for the whole night if you're worried about that. Remove those two things and that will lower your total cal a lot. Also carbs aren't youre enemy, you can still lose weight eating carbs, do you like quinoa? Try having some of that pwo.
    I eat my PWO within 15 mines - ½ hour of training.
    Don't lose your shirt if you don't meet that, the magic window of ultimate nutrient absorbing is a bigger farce than cell tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    I'm dieting and weigh 208 and im only eating 1700 on low days
    I was using the TDEE calculator in the stickies. Theses guys led me in the right direction. My TDEE is actually 1860, not 2280, so I will be tweaking the above plan to be around 1500 cals. I'll post it up when I'm finished

I would, at Walmart they have some omega pills, 3,6 & 9.
    Personally, I wouldn't even count the spinach at all.

Cpwo, carb less post workout. Carbs blunt gH post workout and fvcks with ur insulin sensitivity. I'll see if I can't dig up some info on it for ya.

-TroN-
    I'll take your word on it

As long as I'm not setting anything back by omitting them I'm more than happy.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~

I was using the TDEE calculator in the stickies. Theses guys led me in the right direction. My TDEE is actually 1860, not 2280, so I will be tweaking the above plan to be around 1500 cals. I'll post it up when I'm finished
    1500 is good, I like it. The var will help your progress. This may end up being more of a slight recomp than anything rlse.

Women are different in how their bodies react to dietary changes, what works for men doesn't always work for women.

Between everybody you have some good info here although some of it is a little all over the place. Aim somewhere between 50/30/20 and 60/20/20.

Definitely no carbs within 30 mins of working out really as Tron says.

Anyway, sorry Tron, carry on.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

1500 is good, I like it. The var will help your progress. This may end up being more of a slight recomp than anything rlse.

Women are different in how their bodies react to dietary changes, what works for men doesn't always work for women.

Between everybody you have some good info here although some of it is a little all over the place. Aim somewhere between 50/30/20 and 60/20/20.

By all means stem, stay, I think u may have more experience with female diet. Plus I always learn something new from u lol

-TroN-

Lol, doesn't make you a beast, I actually looked at your numbers for what you eat, you literally eat more than me...and I have 40 pounds on you. You could totally cut 1 of those shakes out of your plan . Do you need that casein shake at 11pm at night? Probably not, eat some meat for your last meal of the day and that will have you covered for the whole night if you're worried about that. Remove those two things and that will lower your total cal a lot. Also carbs aren't youre enemy, you can still lose weight eating carbs, do you like quinoa? Try having some of that pwo.

Don't lose your shirt if you don't meet that, the magic window of ultimate nutrient absorbing is a bigger farce than cell tech.
    I know. I work with all men and eat more than every single one of them. I'm going to cut back meal 1 to 1 scoop, and only have shake in meal 6 if I'm starving.

I love me some carbs and I like quinoa. Looking at TroN's post on cpwo do I need carbs pwo?

LOL... Cell Tech

I know. I work with all men and eat more than every single one of them. I'm going to cut back meal 1 to 1 scoop, and only have shake in meal 6 if I'm starving.

I love me some carbs and I like quinoa. Looking at TroN's post on cpwo do I need carbs pwo?

LOL... Cell Tech
    Yeah, u do need carbs pre workout but no sooner then about 1.5 hours from ur workout, 2 preferred, especially if it quinoa, it's an extremely dense complex carb. Thought process behind the carbless post workout is it doesn't blunt ur gH for one and u cut out carbs after ur workout so it allows ur glycogen stores to deplete, allowing ur body to mobilize fatty acids to b used as energy. (Short explanation). Only refueling ur glycogen stores preworkout so u have good amounts of energy to hit those weights hard.

-TroN-

Sorry, I didn't explain the time of carbs before ur workout. U have to allow them to be converted to glucose and stored. And being a complex carb, it takes a lil bit of time to be broken down and stored

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

Thanks for your help! I have it worked out to 60/20/20. I'll try that to start with and see how I feel.

Yeah, u do need carbs pre workout but no sooner then about 1.5 hours from ur workout, 2 preferred, especially if it quinoa, it's an extremely dense complex carb. Thought process behind the carbless post workout is it doesn't blunt ur gH for one and u cut out carbs after ur workout so it allows ur glycogen stores to deplete, allowing ur body to mobilize fatty acids to b used as energy. (Short explanation). Only refueling ur glycogen stores preworkout so u have good amounts of energy to hit those weights hard.

-TroN-
    Sorry, I didn't explain the time of carbs before ur workout. U have to allow them to be converted to glucose and stored. And being a complex carb, it takes a lil bit of time to be broken down and stored

-TroN-
    Gotcha So I will eat meal 4 pwo, wait about 1.5 hrs. and hit the gym. I usually wait about that amount of time anyhow.

Thank you!

Meal #1 (around 8:30am) – 1 scoop whey, 1/3 cup frozen berries, 2 tbsp. chia/hemp/buckwheat seeds, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
    329 cals / 29gr carbs / 6gr fat / 38gr protein

[B]Meal #2 ([/B]around 11:30am) – 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 0.5 tsbp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar
    286 cals / 5gr carbs / 13gr fat / 45gr protein

Meal #4 – Pre W/O (around 6-6:30pm) - - 6oz chicken breast or fish, greens, 1/2 cup brown rice
    334 cals / 27gr carbs / 7gr fat / 48gr protein

[B]Meal #5[/B] – Post W/O (around 9:30-10pm) – 1 cup egg whites, spinach & hot sauce

Meal # 6 – (around 10:30-11pm) – 1 scoop casein, 3 fish oil caps
    132 cals / 4gr carbs / 3gr fat / 25gr protein

Totals:
    - 1477 cals
    - 73gr carbs
    - 39gr fat
    - 230gr protein

close to 60/20/20

Does this look better now?

Thank you all so much for your help!!

Thanks for your help! I have it worked out to 60/20/20. I'll try that to start with and see how I feel.

Gotcha So I will eat meal 4 pwo, wait about 1.5 hrs. and hit the gym. I usually wait about that amount of time anyhow.

Thank you!
    Ur headed to good places twitz!
    How long have u been on var?

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post
    Meal #1 (around 8:30am) – 1 scoop whey, 1/3 cup frozen berries, 2 tbsp. chia/hemp/buckwheat seeds, 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
    329 cals / 29gr carbs / 6gr fat / 38gr protein

[B]Meal #2 ([/B]around 11:30am) – 6oz chicken breast, 2 cups baby spinach, pepper slices, 0.5 tsbp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar
    286 cals / 5gr carbs / 13gr fat / 45gr protein

Meal #4 – Pre W/O (around 6-6:30pm) - - 6oz chicken breast or fish, greens, 1/2 cup brown rice
    334 cals / 27gr carbs / 7gr fat / 48gr protein

[B]Meal #5[/B] – Post W/O (around 9:30-10pm) – 1 cup egg whites, spinach & hot sauce

Meal # 6 – (around 10:30-11pm) – 1 scoop casein, 3 fish oil caps
    132 cals / 4gr carbs / 3gr fat / 25gr protein

Totals:
    - 1477 cals
    - 73gr carbs
    - 39gr fat
    - 230gr protein

close to 60/20/20

Does this look better now?

Thank you all so much for your help!!
    Sorry that was messy - I can't edit my posts

Ur headed to good places twitz!
    How long have u been on var?

-TroN-
    Thank you my friend!

Day # 20! - things are about to get serious

Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post
    Day # 20! - things are about to get serious
    But that I mean it's just 'kicking in'

But that I mean it's just 'kicking in'
    How long u gonna b on? 6 weeks?

-TroN-

How long u gonna b on? 6 weeks?

-TroN-
    12 weeks

12 weeks
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang

-TroN-

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    uve been running var for 12 weeks?

once ur progress slows on that 60/20/20 twitz if i were u id consider doing some carb cycling as well as fasting.. this will enable u to bring the carb macro up to a more pleasant number/percentage on particular days..

1500 cals is GTG IMO as well! (not that anyone cares but figd id say it cuz thats what i was thinking when i saw yall trying to work it out.. think u arrived at a good number)

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    uve been running var for 12 weeks?

once ur progress slows on that 60/20/20 twitz if i were u id consider doing some carb cycling as well as fasting.. this will enable u to bring the carb macro up to a more pleasant number/percentage on particular days..

1500 cals is GTG IMO as well! (not that anyone cares but figd id say it cuz thats what i was thinking when i saw yall trying to work it out.. think u arrived at a good number)
    No, she's running it for 12 weeks, she's been on 20 days. She's just starting this cut I believe

-TroN-

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    No, she's running it for 12 weeks, she's been on 20 days. She's just starting this cut I believe

-TroN-
    gotcha.. what i get for skimming!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

gotcha.. what i get for skimming!
    Do it all the time brotha! Lol

-TroN-

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Okay, Twitz, from an HERBALIST's point of view, there are a couple things you could do to improve your cycle. Firstly, I would recommend replacing your Balsamic with fresh lemon juice because fresh lemon juice supports and cleanses the liver. Secondly, I would recommend using milled flax seed as another alternate to the chia seeds. Thirdly, I would recommend finding a liquid food source vitamin that has spirulina/wild blue-green algae in it. The algae is even better for you that wheat grass, and liquid vitamins are just plain absorbed better by the body. (On average you're only going to absorb 5-10% of a pill's contents, while you will absorb 70+% of a liquid.) I would also suggest as a low calorie way of getting in a lot of the nutrients that you need, using whole food juices. (I can send you a bunch of recipes for these.) Before I get flamed for suggesting a "juice", please understand that these have all the fiber of the fruit/veggie you put into them. Also, I would suggest 1000iu Vitamin E Pre W/O, since this will help with recovery. The other recovery tool that I would suggest adding to your diet is a lot of hot peppers. Capsaicin is not just a topical wonder product, when ingested it can also help in dealing any pain/healing that needs to be done. BTW, I don't know if you're choosing spinach for its fiber, flavor, or some nutrient, but if you're eating spinach for its iron content, you're eating the wrong vegetable. The oxalate present in spinach makes its iron nearly impossible for the body to access/absorb. Also, adding a bit of Himalayan Black Salt to your food or water can be quite helpful (but not too much or you'll be stuck in the bathroom) with replenishing your minerals since it possesses all 86 minerals found in the human body. This also provides liver support. (I will warn you it's sulfur heavy and so has a hard-boiled egg thing going on.) Finally, to keep your stress levels down and prevent a cortisol spike, I'd suggest taking 500mg of Valerian Root a couple times a day. Valerian Root is known as "Nature's Valium". It doesn't make you feel sedated/medicated, but it does take the rough edges off of the world and prevent the things that normally irritate you from doing so.

If you have any questions about any of this, please ask. I'll be happy to go into further detail with any of this that you like.

84 minerals not 86.... Guess that's what I get for writing this while sitting in the dark. I apologize for the other typos, that's just my brain working faster than my hands.

(On average you're only going to absorb 5-10% of a pill's contents, while you will absorb 70+% of a liquid
    That's interesting...got any proof to back that up? You're telling me out of a 1000iu vitamin d pill I take I am getting at most 100 iu?

That's interesting...got any proof to back that up? You're telling me out of a 1000iu vitamin d pill I take I am getting at most 100 iu?
    If that pill is solid yes, that's the theory. There are many people who will tell you this is a myth, but when xrays have been taken of the pelvis/stomach and multiple DAYS worth of tablet multivitamins can be seen on the xray looking much the same shape they did at the time they were swallowed, how much of that is your body actually using? BTW, unless you have some health condition that requires you take a D supplement, 15 minutes a day in the sun without sunblock will get you your entire daily requirement of Vitamin D.

Okay, I just tried to post several links for you, but I can't post links yet.

Basically, the science is this: Pill vitamins tend to use a lot of low-grade binders and mostly mineral source vitamins which lowers the bio-availability of their contents and slows their digestion unless you eat a meal that's properly balanced to pull out the vitamins you want/need from your pill. Liquid vitamins, on the other hand, tend to use mostly food source vitamins and either higher grade binders or no binders at all making the vitamins more bio-available. I mean, no one's going to go out in their yard and pick up a rock to get their minerals, but that's effectively what's done with a lot of vitamins. That's why my first recommendation is always whole food juices since many of the vitamins needed most can easily be found in fruits and veggies it's rather easy to add a couple whole food juices to the diet to get those nutrients. However, many people don't want to do "all that work" to make a whole food juice. I mean none of us are likely to go in the kitchen and try to create our own protein powder. Through the use of a liquid vitamin (food sourced), a greens powder, and whole food juices, your nutrient intake and retention goes up for very few calories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information