Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member

Fats in pwo meal while cutting

So what's ur guys opinion on having fats in pwo meal during cutting diet? Will my body "absorb" and hold onto the fat if I'm takin in 50-60g carbs in same meal?

My pwo nutrition is

Protein shake w oats
    50g pro, 50g carbs, 0f

Tuna salad
    36g prot, 4g carb, 0f

Peanut butter natural
    7g prot, 6g carb, 16g fat

Total being
    93g protein, 60g carb, 16gfat

I have dinner a few hours after that

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The only 'concern' is the fact the added fat will slow the absorption of the other 2 macronutrients. If you're one of those people who obsesses about getting the PWO meal in ASAP, then this probably isn't the best idea for you. Personally, it wouldn't bother me - but I prefer to have a quick PWO shake followed by a 'real' meal w/ fat a couple hours later anyway.

Good to know. I used to be overly concerned about getting a shake in me within 15 mins. But I don't go to crazy over it now. Usually get a shake in me within 20-25 mins pwo and the other snacks are within the hr.

Dinner is usually 2 hrs after which is typically all protein and minimal fat.

I stop the carbs after about 630pm. Which I guess brings me to another question.

Is there any truth to limiting carbs after a certain time or before sleep? Again I'm on cutting diet.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi View Post
    Good to know. I used to be overly concerned about getting a shake in me within 15 mins. But I don't go to crazy over it now.
    Good. Curious as to why you're looking to add fats to your PWO shake? Nothing wrong with that, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi View Post
    Usually get a shake in me within 20-25 mins pwo and the other snacks are within the hr.

Dinner is usually 2 hrs after which is typically all protein and minimal fat.

I stop the carbs after about 630pm. Which I guess brings me to another question.

Is there any truth to limiting carbs after a certain time or before sleep? Again I'm on cutting diet.
    IMO, yes. Others will argue no. Carbs are an energy source. Sleeping is when you'll be using the least amount of energy in a given 24 hour period. Why anybody would want to load up before bed (while cutting) is beyond me. Personally, for me it's all about energy demand. I take in energy (i.e. carbs) based on greater demand... e.g. exercise, a hike, etc.

Having said that, there's no magical time. I focus my carbs around my workout window and my first meal of the day (it's easy for me because i workout in the am... so meals 1-3 are w/ carbs), the rest contain trace carbs, plenty of veggies, and higher (but not HIGH) fats.

Only reason was including it was to make sure I get to my fat intake goal for the day. But now that I think of it I should buy some peanut butter and put it in my office fridge for pre workout snack. Cause from my understanding fat is a major energy source similar to carbs so the earlier in the day the better.

So ill pretty much be done w fat after 330pm and carbs are cut at 6pm

Thread Information