Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    hey guys i agree with both of u.. tron and provita.. theres only one way to know and thats to decide and run the diet. personally i hadnt gotten to the cardio yet.

id suggest 5-6days per week cardio split into some moderate and intervals.. 45mins on average..

lifting 3-4days per week IMO would be sufficient..

tron no probs dude i anticipated a bit of disagreement/questioning and encourage it! no offense taken and u may well be right based on the amount of cardio she is currently doing. personally when advising people i tend to advise what i think they should do and not really try to work with what theyre currently doing as it takes confusion out of the equation of where to start with my advice and where to stop with some of their practices!

id also like to note i tend to shy away from giving advice to females typically. tron u may be on to something as ur wife is proof! everyone is different though and 2000+cals cutting for a female does seem high to me.
    Idk if ur lazy ass(joking) read it or not, but I did recommend her to dial the cardio back and level it out to a more well rounded routine, but some ppl run, we pick things up and out them down! Ultimately there is a way to get where u wanna be without sacrificing what u love to do! I just got the sense she didn't particularly want to give up the cardio. So I adjusted. Remember, were here to help them, not make it easier on us! now if they are doing something completely ridiculous, then yeah, show them the error and try to talk them out of it. All I see is her having a very well conditioned heart. But eventually as they become leaner and start seeing muscle definition there focus may shift (my wife is a prime example).

But I too have a difficult time helping females as their bodies are waaaay more finicky then a mans. And normally I wouldn't recommend that many cals, but normal ppl don't do 100 hours of spinning :P. and my number may b high because I don't KNOW how many cals she burns in spin class and lifting, but I def think she should increase cals.

Mrs. Warmouth, this is where u come in, we need the most accurate calculation of calories burned in a spin class and lifting weights, separately.

-TroN-

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warmouth

Lol. A little maybe. Iam reading over everything still. I LOVE oatmeal, and its going to kill me to drop it. I do like the 3 larger meals idea, and maybe a protien shake between 2-5pm since I am hungriest at that time. On days I spin, should I eat more, or the same? And should I stop doing so much cardio and stick to focusing most of my effort in lifting? There is so many questions I still have, I am just trying to wrop my head around what is being said so far. I really do apprieciate all of this and I am thankful you guys are willing to help me with this. I am sure we will get this figured out soon, and I cant wait!
    I don't think you HAVE to drop the oatmeal, my wife didn't till she got down to about 140-145. But add some food protein with it if you can, instead of protein. But def drop all fruit or sugary substances and the pretzel chips

And if u do spin and lift on the same day, I think u should def increase cals above predetermined tdee. If u just do spin, keep about 1900, if u lift only go slightly below tdee, like 1600-1700. Reason being, spin and lifting will burn probably 600-800 cals, spinning 400-500, lifting 200-300. It all keeps u in that 1400 range, not the sub 1000 range.

And I don't think u should focus all ur efforts to lifting, but balancing it out should help. 3 and 3.

-TroN-

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Just a reminder. You will get a cardio workout if you limit your rests between sets while lifting. So don't feel if your not on a treadmill or in spin class that you are not getting any cardio benefits. It's just a different form of cardio.

Provita is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Just a reminder. You will get a cardio workout if you limit your rests between sets while lifting. So don't feel if your not on a treadmill or in spin class that you are not getting any cardio benefits. It's just a different form of cardio.
    Great point. Agree!

Provita is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I don't think you HAVE to drop the oatmeal, my wife didn't till she got down to about 140-145. But add some food protein with it if you can, instead of protein. But def drop all fruit or sugary substances and the pretzel chips

And if u do spin and lift on the same day, I think u should def increase cals above predetermined tdee. If u just do spin, keep about 1900, if u lift only go slightly below tdee, like 1600-1700. Reason being, spin and lifting will burn probably 600-800 cals, spinning 400-500, lifting 200-300. It all keeps u in that 1400 range, not the sub 1000 range.

And I don't think u should focus all ur efforts to lifting, but balancing it out should help. 3 and 3.

-TroN-
    I feel the same way as tron. Agree totally with the caloric intake adjustments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information