yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cant eat... should I lift anyways?

Saturday night I think I got a stomach bug.... had a head ache and was puking well into sunday. I feel somewhat better now but I have not been able to eat all week. I am not hungry and when I try to eat I feel sick. I am hoping this is just some bug and will pass but is there any point in lifting when I cant even bring myself to eat? Am I doing more harm than good by continuing to lift?

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Saturday night I think I got a stomach bug.... had a head ache and was puking well into sunday. I feel somewhat better now but I have not been able to eat all week. I am not hungry and when I try to eat I feel sick. I am hoping this is just some bug and will pass but is there any point in lifting when I cant even bring myself to eat? Am I doing more harm than good by continuing to lift?
    If your ill it would probably be wise to rest to help your immune system fight the bug. Surly if you feel like shit, you probably won't feel like lifting?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^^ this.

Give your body the rest it's telling you it needs. Missing a few days of lifting won't mean squat in the grand scheme.

Get yourself back to good health, then come back with a vengeance and teach those weights a lesson!

Brick is offline Member
    If you don't puke faint or die keep going.

IMHO, rest.

Yeah the thing is I had a sinus infection that took me down for like a week and now this.... I have lost ten pounds already and its just very depressing to watch everything you've worked hard for fade away because you've been sick for practically a whole month.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Yeah the thing is I had a sinus infection that took me down for like a week and now this.... I have lost ten pounds already and its just very depressing to watch everything you've worked hard for fade away because you've been sick for practically a whole month.
    it won't take you long to get it all back..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    10lbs, most of which is water weight. As stated above, it won't take you long to reclaim your losses.

Thanks for the support guys... I guess I will be resting some more. I just hope this passes. I've never had a "bug" like this that lasted this long so its got me a little worried but we'll see.

Thread Information