Sweetss is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

Currently cutting trying to loose body fat and feel stuck NEED HELP!!

Hi everyone. So here is my dilemma…I feel like I am stuck and not losing any more body fat. I am currently cutting, which I started doing Jan 7th this year but I am not cutting up as quickly as I would like. My training is heavy and hard. I do cardio for at least 40min after each lift 5 days a week and Tuesdays my normal off day I just do cardio. I will do a fasted session for about 40min in the morning and then 55min at night. I have been trying to get at least 2 fasted cardio sessions in before work. So I know my training is pretty on point and I keep increasing my cardio each week. I am just not seeing the results I want. So I think It has to be my diet. I have built so much muscle over these last few months that I want to start to look more ripped!

I started a cycle of var on 2/16 and have about 3 weeks left. I also added in clen on 3/3 doing 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. I just started back on clen this past Monday. I am at 120mcgs which is a perfect amount for me feeling a lot of sides but I know if go any higher it will be too much. I have been eating clean and on a diet and counting my macros calories/carbs/fat/protein since April 2012. I have been trying out all different things seeing what works for my body. I carb cycled from Jan-end of march. I was eating 1000cal doing a 45/40/15 (p/c/) at first then a month I dropped my cals to 850 still doing the same split. Then after 2 months I changed it up and went back to 1000cal doing a 50/35/15 split. I was doing 3 days moderate carbs 3 days no carbs and one high carb day. I would do a refeed day every 2 weeks. After about a month I was feeling extremely bloated. I had a feeling it was from the high protein. So I switched my diet up. I stopped carb cycling and took in 1100 cal doing a 40/45/15 split for about 2 week. Lowering the protein back down made the bloating go away. So I figured out my body just cannot handle higher protein!

Currently I am taking in 850cal/96g carbs/14g fat/85g protein and days I do not lift I take in no carbs, which is 2x a week. Below is my diet on a day that I lift. I normally lift around 7pm after I leave work. In my snack lunch and dinner meals I always have ¼ cup of veggies either green beans sugar snap peas or spinach. I do not calculate the veggies in my macros.

Breakfast
    2 egg whites
    1 slice Ezekiel bread
    130cal/18c/13p

Snack
    1.5oz chicken
    41cal/0c/0f/10p

Lunch
    1.5oz chicken
    41cal/c/f/p

Pre workout
    3oz 93/7 Turley
    10g avocado
    175g sweet potato
    288cal/37c/7f/22p

Post workout Shake
    .6 cup bob’s red mill oats
    1/2scoop protizyme protein
    306cal/41c/6f/229

Dinner
    1.25oz chicken
    34cal/0c/0f/8p

Supplements
    Fish oil
    Multi vitamin
    Taurine
    Vitamin C

Pre Workout
    Hemavol
    Hemo rage black
    BCAAS

Approx 1 gallon water/day

I am not sure what I need to do. With such a low calorie intake I still have great energy in the gym. The higher carbs then protein seems to be working better. With the clen added in I thought I would be burning a lot more fat off especially with the amount of cardio I am doing. I did a bulk sesh over the winter for about 2-3 months taking in 1500cal 45/40/15 split with no cardio and put on a solid 8lbs of muscle with little body fat. So my body seems to react well on a lower calorie diet. I would really love some advice on what I could do.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Sweets what is your height, weight and bodyfat %?

I'm gonna say that you are probably under eating massively.

What type/style if cardio do you do?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Sweets what is your height, weight and bodyfat %?

I'm gonna say that you are probably under eating massively.

What type/style if cardio do you do?
    Height 5'4
    Weight 143lbs
    Bf approx 16-18%

Also want to mention i do a refeed day every 2 weeks upping my carbs to about 175g.

Weird thing is im putting on muscle being on the var and eating very low cal intake. The cardio i do is stair master and HIIT on treadmill. Usually more stair master since my feet n legs cramp up way too much from the clen when im on treadmill. I do about 45min on stairs after all lifts 5 days a week and hour on stairs on one off day so 6 days a week cardio.

When you don't do HIIT is it all steady state cardio? Level of intensity? Can you give me a breakdown of a typical HIIT workout.

14-16% is already pretty low for a girl, what is your target?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

smileybeast is offline New Member
    Hi sweetss, looks like you are serious about loosing the last bit of fat.. and I want to help you..

Im not sure about if the clen and var will do it for you and it is not really needed... however I hope other people here can help you on that part.

You can consider doing a leangains "IF" diet where you eat all your meals post work out.

I did cardio in the morning and weights in the after noon for 2 months and ate all my 2000 Kcal post the work outs. This proces lead to I lost 8 Kgs of body fat and got to 8 % bodyfat like I am on the picture above.

If you don't want to do intermittent fasting, I would personally advice you to cycle the carbs so you get most of your carbs post work out (I get mine in a blueberry and raspberry fruit smoothie post work out).
    And then the rest of the carbs should be from veggies like carrots and broccoli.

You can inculde the egg yolks aswell to get more fat to help your metabolism rise a bit... don't be afraid from animal fat.. it's good for you especially on a cut!!

Another tip is that you can look into yohimbine hcl which is a really good fat burner that helps to get the last bit of stubborn fat off from your butt and thighs

And if you are in a lack of energy take some caffeine aswell both pre cardio and pre work out together with the yohimbine...

The important about yomhmbine hcl is that you take it while your body is in a fasted stage to help it stimulate the alpha receptors in the stubborn fat

Good luck with your progress // Smileybeast

Blog Entries
    On stair master is pretty steady ill increase the steps permin by 10 every 5-10 min.

Treadmill HIIT is more intense. I would do this 2x on off days 1x after lifts
    1-2 min speed 4.5 incline 5
    2-4 min speed 7.5 incline 2
    4-5 min seed 5 incline 2
    5-6 min speed 8 incline 5
    6-8 min sppef 3.5 iine 5
    8-10 min spped 8 incline 2
    10-12 min speed 5 incline 5
    12-14 min spped 7 incline 5
    14-16 min speed 3 incline 2
    16-18 min spped 8.5 incline 5
    18-19 min speed 7 incline 5
    19-20 min speed 6 incline 5

My goal is to get to 10-12% i want a very ripped muscular look almost competetion ready. The var has helped me build the muscle i want not i need to lean out.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    It's not about the supplements she is taking as much as it is the diet itself. If you read her post, she is not saying she doesn't have energy and taking 1 fat burner as opposed to another isn't what's going to do it.
    Last edited by ANIMAL; 04-04-2013 at 10:14 AM.

I'll come back to this later sweetss, we need to make your HIIT actually HIIT and not just interval training. We can address your diet and other aspects of your training. Bear with me.....
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

PM sent to OP
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I don't have any suggestions, but I'm kinda in the same boat... There's a point at which it all just seems to stop no matter what I do. I'm subscribed, keep us posted!

Blog Entries
    PM sent to OP
    Replied

Received

Take a look at this and tell me where YOU think you are. How did you come up with the figure you quoted?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Received

Take a look at this and tell me where YOU think you are. How did you come up with the figure you quoted?
    Did u send me something?? I didnt get anything

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetss

Did u send me something?? I didnt get anything
    Ha ha, I have a habit of doing that, sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1524992046.jpg 
Views:	6063 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	136779
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Ha ha, I have a habit of doing that, sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1524992046.jpg 
Views:	6063 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	136779
    Im roughly 18-20% and i'm looking for the Bella Falconi body type and would like to get into competiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetss

Im roughly 18-20% and i'm looking for the Bella Falconi body type and would like to get into competiting.
    Good, that's where I would put you too I will get back to you shortly.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

twitz is offline Female Member
    These fellas will point you in the right direction!

I think your cals are way too low, as I posted in your log, listen to BnB

Sometimes, anavar will make gals hold water. That could contribute to the weight gain and the way you're feeling. Some gals believe that they hold about 10lbs in water retention, which will come off once you finish your cycle. Not saying that this is it for sure, but it may be part of the problem.

Agree with Twitz, cals are way too low. I'm suprised you feel that protein is responsible for bloating, is there anything else you could put it down to? Was it bloating/gas or water do you think? Ideally I'd want to up your protein and I am definitely going to up your fats, they are so important to us for lots of different reasons. I have a sweet spot for fats that I don't like to go over or under.

So, 1250 calories is where I think you should start, that should still be a substantial deficit for your current stats. But I would want half of those calories from protein, ideally. That would be 125g of protein. Fats I would double to 30g and carbs at approx 90g. That's an ideal starting point BUT, if there is some issue with some type of protein you eat then you need to exclude that from your diet. Tell me, do you eat fibrous green veggies or take a fibre supplement?

Your turkey is deli turkey? If so, ditch it. Processed meats are particularly unhealthy.

This is a non carb cycling diet just to try and see where any problems may arise. On non lifting days, however, feel free to reduce your carbs.

Let me know what you think and we can go from there.

With regard to workouts you are happy with your lifting workout? You say you have gained muscle so that would indicate it is productive.

We can deal with cardio separately and I'll address that tomorrow if that's ok (it's nearly bedtime here )
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information