Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Youngsters is offline Junior Member

Posting my diet and stats

Hey everyone, lunk1 told me to post over here all my stats and everything because I am going to use and he wants me to get my nutrition down first. So here it goes.

Diet: -milk(5-10 cups a day)
    -sandwiches(turkey, peanut butter)
    -whey
    -eggs
    -salmon
    -whole wheat pasta
    -chicken
    -oats(haven't had for a month now, hate the taste)
    -mass gainers
    Stats:
    Height:6'1
    Bf:15-17%
    Weight:193.7(as of yesterday)
    Lifts: s/b/d
    250/185/375 (1RM)

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Youngsters; 04-05-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    These guys are going to need to know your body fat %. It is probably one of the most important stats to help get your diet dialed in. Can you list the exact food you ate yesterday and approx. quanities?

I'm not sure on bf%
    Food as of yesterday:
    Mass gainer 600 cals
    Whey 2 servings
    4 organic eggs
    Approx. 8 pieces of bread (800 cals)
    Turkey (100 cals)
    Slice of cheese
    Parmesan cheese(50 cals)
    Whole grain pasta ( approx 600)
    Milk (6-12 cups)
    Almonds 1 serving
    Creatine
    Pre-workout booster (C4)
    Salmon
    Ketchup(50 cals)

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsters View Post
    I'm not sure on bf%
    Food as of yesterday:
    Mass gainer 600 cals
    Whey 2 servings
    4 organic eggs
    Approx. 8 pieces of bread (800 cals)
    Turkey (100 cals)
    Slice of cheese
    Parmesan cheese(50 cals)
    Whole grain pasta ( approx 600)
    Milk (6-12 cups)
    Almonds 1 serving
    Creatine
    Pre-workout booster (C4)
    Salmon
    Ketchup(50 cals)
    At a glance I am seeing alot of sugar and very little protein and quality carbs...this will be easier for you than you think buddy.

Where am I getting sugar from besides milk?? Which is just lactose, and mostly take it in around my workouts. Bread has 1g of sugar ea. looking forward to some more responses Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	136854 I took this about an hour ago. Yes my forearms are lacking, I know that.
    Protein is around 350.
    I think I will start eating oats again.
    Last edited by Youngsters; 04-05-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hats the nutritional value of ur weight gainer?

What ur bf? Go by this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-88417014.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	136855

-Chomp Chomp Chomp-Clink Clink Clink-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Hats the nutritional value of ur weight gainer?

What ur bf? Go by this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-88417014.jpg 
Views:	587 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	136855

Check out the pic I posted and tell me what bf you think I am? I am thinking 16-17%

My gainer: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dy...ss-gainer.html

Lookin better than I envisioned. I would say somewhere betwwen 18-20%. We need to cut the milk, weight gainers and other dairy. It's time to clean this up and get some healthier carb choices and real food protein. I think the boys can help cut you to 12-15% in no time...maybe even better in that 6 months you promised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Lookin better than I envisioned. I would say somewhere betwwen 18-20%. We need to cut the milk, weight gainers and other dairy. It's time to clean this up and get some healthier carb choices and real food protein. I think the boys can help cut you to 12-15% in no time...maybe even better in that 6 months you promised me.
    Really? That means a lot bro, thanks! Is my bf really that high? :/. I do want to cut to that kind of bf % but I absolutely do not want to lose any weight, I want to be at LEAST 225 lbs. and ok, I have like 5 servings left of gainer anyways. It would be amazing to get some real solid advice, on my diet, as I have been slightly slacking lately, although my lifts have SKYROCKETED. Maybe lunk you can tell these guys to get in here

Alright bud, ur food choices aren't BAD, but they could be better I think. And more thoroughly controlled. U need to plan a meal out down to the macros till u get the proper dieting technique and can add up macros in ur head. Hell I can guess pretty good an get my macros pretty close but I still plan out meals and eat the same thing every day cuz it's easiest.
    Lets start with ur TDEE.

Lbm x 15 = maintenance cals

Then add 500 to get ur caloric surplus.

Then your gonna want to figure out ur macro split.

1.5g protein per lb of lbm

And I'm a little confused as to what ur goal is. Personally, if I were u, I'd wanna cut down to 12-13% bf. then do a lean bulk. But ultimately it's up to u what u wanna do.

smileybeast is offline New Member
    Milk is awesome with your protein shake post work out don't ever cut that out!!

This is the time you need the carbs the most!! I drink 7 Dl of organic milk together with my 2 scoops of protein!!! And I stay under 10 % BF when im bulking, because I do cut my carbs in my other meals..

My advice to you is to cut out the bread and start eating broccoli and carrots instead... and of these veggies you can eat as much as you like!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smileybeast
    Milk is awesome with your protein shake post work out don't ever cut that out!!

This is the time you need the carbs the most!! I drink 7 Dl of organic milk together with my 2 scoops of protein!!! And I stay under 10 % BF when im bulking, because I do cut my carbs in my other meals..

My advice to you is to cut out the bread and start eating broccoli and carrots instead... and of these veggies you can eat as much as you like!!!
    U do realize lactose (milk sugar) has a glycemic index of 46 right? It spikes ur insulin less the brown rice. If ur using it for an insulin spike post work out, it's not very effective. U need a high glycemic carb. I personally eat chocolate covered almonds. If u use it to add thickness to ur shake, use egg whites. Much better alternative to dairy.

U do realize lactose (milk sugar) has a glycemic index of 46 right? It spikes ur insulin less the brown rice. If ur using it for an insulin spike post work out, it's not very effective. U need a high glycemic carb. I personally eat chocolate covered almonds. If u use it to add thickness to ur shake, use egg whites. Much better alternative to dairy.

I take my fruit smoothie (Blueberries, raspberries and applejuice= to spike my insulin level) and 20 min. later I do my protein shake with milk..

I go to the farmer and get my milk directly from him and it's just awesome and organic.. full of vitamins, proteins and everything. Nothing wrong with quality milk and there has never been.

Personally I would cut all the processed carbs instead of milk any time... but the milk really do have to be of high quality else you should rather just drink water instead when you are on a cut

I would like a show of hands of anyone that's goes to a farmer to get their milk....

Anyone.....?

*crickets*

I don't recommend dairy on a cut at all or even a bulk, even if it were only for the bloat dairy causes. And I recommend cutting carbs too. High protein, moderate carbs, high dietary fat (poly and mono). I personally like to see ppl start out with carbs in AM and post workout only. But if ur used to eating a shit ton of carbs I recommend u slowly lower the carb level and equally raise the fat level till desired macro split is achieved.

What I'm trying to say is you can't throw out a general statement like u should never cut out milk, because its simply not even close to true. In all reality it's probably the furthest from the truth then anything other then something like u can eat McDonald's and getripped. Just because it doesn't effect your bf or doesn't bloat you, fact is, dairy bloats a majority of people and will pack on the pounds quickly. And I have a sneaky suspicion it doesn't effect ur body fat because you are eating at or below ur maintenance calories: that's why you weigh 162 pounds or whatever it is converted from kilos. So if ur gonna throw out a generalization, at least make sure it holds true to at least MOST of the population.

And also ur fruit choices for ur protein shake are low on the GI scale as well too. U should eat melons or bananas or pears combined with a lower GI slow digesting carb like oats for post workout.

What I'm trying to say is you can't throw out a general statement like u should never cut out milk, because its simply not even close to true. In all reality it's probably the furthest from the truth then anything other then something like u can eat McDonald's and getripped. Just because it doesn't effect your bf or doesn't bloat you, fact is, dairy bloats a majority of people and will pack on the pounds quickly. And I have a sneaky suspicion it doesn't effect ur body fat because you are eating at or below ur maintenance calories: that's why you weigh 162 pounds or whatever it is converted from kilos. So if ur gonna throw out a generalization, at least make sure it holds true to at least MOST of the population.

If you search on "lean bulk IF" log you can find my results so far... if you or anyone care about how I do..

GL in the future you have your way and I have mine of doing stuff.. looks like you got some results anyway somehow.

BTW my maintain calorie intake is 3600 Kcal and I cut on 3000 because.. so I don't restrict calories down to zero like you said.

If you want to know why I get most of my organic meat - all my organic eggs and milk directly from the "good" farmers" I recommend you watch Food Ink it explains you all about how the food company destroys our health.

I am out of this discussion anyways people here have close to the same opinions about stuff anyways... but that doesn't make it the truth, just because a lot of people agree on one topic. The mainstream population eats mac D at least once every month, but that doesn't make the quality of the food better or these ppl more healthy either..

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Youngsters, Trin has your back here. I agree with everything he has said and all the figures detailed therein. Cut first then bulk.

Work out your diet and list it. I prefer a 50/30/20 (p/c/f) split when cutting and feel its a great and easy split to start with.

There is no need to ever 'spike' your insulin levels unless you are taking certain hormones/peptides. In any event, lactose would be a poor choice for this against something like straight glucose. And, personally, I wouldn't take any carbs within 45 mins of finishing my workout.

Lets see that diet plan
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

sawyer86 is offline Member
    really no carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86
    really no carbs?
    Really. Actually not for about an hour usually.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Really. Actually not for about an hour usually.
    why's that?

I've tried various types of PWO nutritition and read all the various conflicting studies about GH release PWO and how to stimulate it further, about fast and slow carbs within whatever BS 'anabolic window' the supplement companies/magazines stipulate.

So, after various types of PWO nutrition tried at various timings I have concluded that what works best for me in terms of results (particularly keeping fat off) is:-

Immediately upon cessation of workout - 30-50g WPI only

45-60 mins after WPI shake I will take a normal meal consisting of complex carbs and a real food source of protein.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

sawyer86 is offline Member
    never know what to do, all the diffrent bs out there!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86
    never know what to do, all the diffrent bs out there!
    It's about what works for you guy. This sport isn't a one size fit all type deal. The human body is an extremely complex piece of machinery lol and everyone act different to different stimulus. Like BiB runs 30% carbs while cutting, I've learned that my body will grow and I will keep fat off if j keep my carbs at 10% or less. Does that make either of us wrong? No. So basically what u have to do to is figure out YOUR best approach. There will b a lot of reading and trial and A LOT of error till u find what works best for you.

Ps...I'll answer ur pm later today

Youngsters, Trin has your back here. I agree with everything he has said and all the figures detailed therein. Cut first then bulk.

Work out your diet and list it. I prefer a 50/30/20 (p/c/f) split when cutting and feel its a great and easy split to start with.

There is no need to ever 'spike' your insulin levels unless you are taking certain hormones/peptides. In any event, lactose would be a poor choice for this against something like straight glucose. And, personally, I wouldn't take any carbs within 45 mins of finishing my workout.

Lets see that diet plan
    The last thing I want to to do is cut, I'll cut at 225. But I will clean up my diet, taking in your advice, thank you a lot tron, if any other people want to chime in and give me some more advice, that would be great.

Dont think about the weight. It is very difficult even for those with years of experience to recomp (cut and bulk at one time). You have a pretty good base there and at 195 you could cut right, add muscle and look like 210 at 185. Your best bet is to get ripped now..and then start gaining lean mass after you lose the excess BF%. It's nearly imposssible to bulk without gaining fat, and I doubt thats what you want going into beach season.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsters
    The last thing I want to to do is cut, I'll cut at 225. But I will clean up my diet, taking in your advice, thank you a lot tron, if any other people want to chime in and give me some more advice, that would be great.
    Alright so ur tdee is about 2400, I would start my caloric surplus at about 2900-3000. Figured it from what I wrote in a previous post. You need between 240 (1.5g/lbm) and 315 (2g/lbm) which is approx 33 and 39% caloric intake. I'd probably call it an even 40% and call it a day. As far as the fat and carb split. That's best determined my you. I respond better to low carbs, apparently BiB can get away with utilizing higher carbs. I personally like low carbs because it keeps my insulin quiet and doesn't store as much fat. And I'll b honest, I get good gains even with lack of carbs and I'm not sure why. I think I may have an over active pancreas. But I plan on doing some research soon on why, if its me or another physiological mechanism that allows growth without high carbs. It seems tho that you are in taking a lot of carbs now, and it's not having a huge effect but I think you can tone them down a notch. I personally think you should start with a 40/40/20 split with good quality foods.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    I've tried various types of PWO nutritition and read all the various conflicting studies about GH release PWO and how to stimulate it further, about fast and slow carbs within whatever BS 'anabolic window' the supplement companies/magazines stipulate.

So, after various types of PWO nutrition tried at various timings I have concluded that what works best for me in terms of results (particularly keeping fat off) is:-

Immediately upon cessation of workout - 30-50g WPI only

45-60 mins after WPI shake I will take a normal meal consisting of complex carbs and a real food source of protein.
    I use simple sugars post workout to spike insulin . To use the insulin to drive nutrients into my muscles, or should I say that's my excuse to have a cheat lol

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

I use simple sugars post workout to spike insulin. To use the insulin to drive nutrients into my muscles, or should I say that's my excuse to have a cheat lol
    That's your excuse to have a cheat. That's all
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black

That's your excuse to have a cheat. That's all
    Call it what u will! But I love my chocolate covered almonds lol

Youngsters the choice is yours cut or bulk but as Lunk suggests, a recomp will likely be unsuccessful.

If you really want to bulk I wouldn't go above 300cals over maintenance to try and limit the fat gains. If I was bulking this way (and I am at the minute) and you want to go something like a 40/40/20 then you need to monitor yourself carefully. I bulk at 300cals above maintenance but my macro split is 41/43/16.

It will take some time to work out exactly what works out best you for not only in terms of calories and macro's but also types of food. However, you will still get some great results in the way.

Whatever you choose post up your diet so we can see it.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I really don't care about getting a little chubby to be honest and don't give two Shiits about abs (that's what the cell tech will be for)and what people think. basically want to get as big as possible. Well, BIB, I did a little expirement with my diet, and I LOST weight with this diet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	136878. I have an extremely fast metabolism and I don't even look like I lift in a shirt, so I'm definitely going to be bulking. What I have personally noticed is that when I count cals and try to be spot on I lose weight and lifts go down, put if I just pork down the food, I am pretty big and lifts are high. I do need help getting in between those two so I can do a lean bulk and not put on much fat...

Alright bud, ur food choices aren't BAD, but they could be better I think. And more thoroughly controlled. U need to plan a meal out down to the macros till u get the proper dieting technique and can add up macros in ur head. Hell I can guess pretty good an get my macros pretty close but I still plan out meals and eat the same thing every day cuz it's easiest.
    Lets start with ur TDEE.

Lbm x 15 = maintenance cals

Then add 500 to get ur caloric surplus.

Then your gonna want to figure out ur macro split.

1.5g protein per lb of lbm

And I'm a little confused as to what ur goal is. Personally, if I were u, I'd wanna cut down to 12-13% bf. then do a lean bulk. But ultimately it's up to u what u wanna do.

Thank you tron for everything you have posted I really do appreciate it. Well, my short term goal is look big in a t-shirt. 220lbs+. My verrrrry long term goal is to be about 210lbs 8%bf.

Drop as much of the shakes as u can. U need food, real solid food. I eat at very least 2 pounds of meat a day. Salmon or chicken usually. Nuts are a good addition. To ur diet imho. And I ur going to have a shake, I prefer them first thing in the morning and post workout (as I'm preparing a meal to consume about 2 hours post workout. If ur gonna hve a shake I'd like to see it look something like this

8oz egg whites
    4oz almond milk
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop casein
    2 tbsp flax
    2 tbsp nut oil (macadamia, walnut, peanut, etc)

That's my shake. I've altered it to where it fits perfectly into my macro split. If u need carbs, add oats. Get creative with it. But u need to control the portions and the quality of the nutrients that go into it. Don't trust these "weight gainers". My shake has about 600 cals too and it's all quality and I know exactly what I'm getting and the portions.

Drop as much of the shakes as u can. U need food, real solid food. I eat at very least 2 pounds of meat a day. Salmon or chicken usually. Nuts are a good addition. To ur diet imho. And I ur going to have a shake, I prefer them first thing in the morning and post workout (as I'm preparing a meal to consume about 2 hours post workout. If ur gonna hve a shake I'd like to see it look something like this

8oz egg whites
    4oz almond milk
    1 scoop whey
    1 scoop casein
    2 tbsp flax
    2 tbsp nut oil (macadamia, walnut, peanut, etc)

That's my shake. I've altered it to where it fits perfectly into my macro split. If u need carbs, add oats. Get creative with it. But u need to control the portions and the quality of the nutrients that go into it. Don't trust these "weight gainers". My shake has about 600 cals too and it's all quality and I know exactly what I'm getting and the portions.

Do you think you can lay out a diet for me bro? Preferably around 4k cals. My maintence is around 3.6k. I'd really appreciate it

Lol no

Sorry, I will help you every way I can, but I'm not gonna hold ur hand and do ur work for you. If I make up a diet around 4k, it's for me...and btw...I'm 232 and that's my tdee...how is it urs?

I dont really care if you post a diet or not, was just giving it a shot XD. I dont know Maybe cause I'm a growing teen. Check my diet I posted, it's 3740 cals I was LOSING weight with this diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsters View Post
    I dont really care if you post a diet or not, was just giving it a shot XD. I dont know Maybe cause I'm a growing teen. Check my diet I posted, it's 3740 cals I was LOSING weight with this diet.
    C'mon buddy...I told ya they are going to want you to put the work in over here. It's a teaching method where you learn by doing.

Ill pay him. 10$

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsters
    Ill pay him. 10$
    Mate you need to get real quick or else you are setting yourself up for a big fail and no help if you're not willing to help yourself.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information