brazuka is offline Associate Member

Post Diet Check

Hi there, I really need some help to make the most out of my training by having an optimal diet. My stats are 5'10ft, 175lbs first thing in the morning but I walk around 183ish. Body fat would be average/low in my opinion. I would like to maintain or possibly even keep this weight after for at least 4-6 months when I get off my cycle (test e 500mg weekly). I train 5 days a week but will drop down to 3-4 days a week off cycle. Here is my current schedule/diet:

**Wake up 6:30am - Get ready for work/Drive to work**
    1) Breakfast 7:30am: 1.5 cup whole milk, 1 scoop ON whey protein, 2 spoons natural creamy pb, 1 banana
    2) Snack 9:00am: Nature Valley Protein Bar Almond/Dark Chocolate
    3) Lunch 11:45am: 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice, 1 cup goya beans, 4oz chicken breast (2 OT multi pills + 2 OT fish oil pills)
    4) Half Lunch Part II 2:05pm: 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice, 1/2 cup goya beans, 2oz chicken breast (2 OT multi pills + 2 OT fish oil pills)
    5) Half Lunch Part II 4:05pm: 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice, 1/2cup goya beans, 2oz chicken breast (2 OT multi pills)
    6) Pre Workout 4:20pm: 5g Beta Alanine, 1500mg L Arginine
    **Gym From 5pm-6:30pm**
    7) Post Workout 6:50pm: 1 cup whole milk, 1 scoop ON whey protein
    8) Dinner 8:30pm: 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine rice, 1 cup goya beans, 4oz chicken breast
    9) Snack 11:30pm: 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    **Go to bed 12:30am**

TOTAL
    3272 Calories, 219g protein, 426g carbs, 71g fat (26g saturated/6g polysaturated/16g monosaturated)
    I will occasionally have small amounts of veggies or broccoli with my lunches and/or dinner. I know that in the morning time I could add something small to eat inside the car while I commute to work, since I can down the morning shake in about a minute no problems. Occasionally I will have some ben & jerrys chocolate fudge ice cream as well. If I can at least keep up with this diet after my cycle finishes and into/after PCT, about how much gains would I be looking at keeping from the test and weight wise?

I would appreciate the help from the nutrition gurus and active gym goers who are knowledgeable and keep up with their diets. Also any tip to make dieting easier would be GREATLY appreciated... as of now I cook 2x a week (lay out 10-15 chicken breasts each time season, bake, put into tupperware) and always have my rice and beans already made in tupperware so before I go to bed I just prep up 2 lunch meals to take to work. Thanks for taking the time to read and help me guys.
    Last edited by brazuka; 04-07-2013 at 08:50 AM.

bump

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    What is your bf%. Use this as guide and be honest!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1040122112.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	322.4 KB 
ID:	136926

I thought I was a lot lower but according to that picture I'm standing at about 15% bf

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So, youre on cycle now? Or off? You trying to cut or bulk? According to your calories youre trying to bulk..
    I don't see any vegetables in that list, and all your eating really is chicken and rice..You should add in other protein sources than just chicken and protein powder
    Ditch the powder for breakfast and eat some eggs / egg whites and oatmeal / bran
    I think most protein bars are full of crap, and Id personally eat some nuts and fruit for a snack

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    What is your goal?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    LBM X 15 = TDEE

175lbs X 15% = LBM
    175-26.25=148.75

Therefore 148.75X15= TDEE of 2231.25

Use this number to increase or decrease caloric intake depending on your goals. With your intended diet above you will be gaining weight and fat at 1000 cals above maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    What is your goal?
    My goal is to bulk and put on some size

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    So, youre on cycle now? Or off? You trying to cut or bulk? According to your calories youre trying to bulk..
    I don't see any vegetables in that list, and all your eating really is chicken and rice..You should add in other protein sources than just chicken and protein powder
    Ditch the powder for breakfast and eat some eggs / egg whites and oatmeal / bran
    I think most protein bars are full of crap, and Id personally eat some nuts and fruit for a snack
    Hey there, I am currently into week 9 of my 500mg/week of test e cycle, my goal is to bulk. I buy the frozen bag of mixed veggies and just heat it up in the microwave and throw them into my meals once in a while, I should probably start doing this to every meal. I have steak about 2-3 meals a week, should I increase this? The morning shake really helps me with not having to wake up earlier in the day and have to sit down and eat before work, I shake everything up and drink it as soon as I arrive to work. I like your suggestion with the eggs and oatmeal though, maybe if I could get up at 6:00am and have those first thing in the morning, then have my shake right as I arrive to work at 7:30am? Yeah honestly the protein bar for a snack is due to me being able to eat it in a minute and is better than not having anything during my 15 minute break. Maybe I could replace those with some almonds, although almonds are kind of expensive which sucks...
    Ps-Would eating 3-4 whole boiled eggs every morning be bad for my cholesterol/health or is that just a myth? I hear from a lot of people that you should throw the yolk out and just have the egg whites, but I also hear that the cholesterol from eggs is healthy... so I'm not sure what to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    LBM X 15 = TDEE

175lbs X 15% = LBM
    175-26.25=148.75

Therefore 148.75X15= TDEE of 2231.25

Use this number to increase or decrease caloric intake depending on your goals. With your intended diet above you will be gaining weight and fat at 1000 cals above maintenance.
    To be honest 2231 calories for maintenance seems very low for me bro... I am an ectomorph and maintenance for me seems to be around 3k+ at the moment... I have stopped seeing gains when it comes to weight with this diet for about 2 weeks now. Although I am getting slightly stronger, it seems as if the test is having a lesser effect on me since I am getting near the end of my 12 week cycle, and that I should actually be consuming more calories daily than what I am currently consuming if I want to keep seeing gains. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out though bro!
    Last edited by brazuka; 04-07-2013 at 02:01 PM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So this is what you've been eating and you stopped gaining weight? If that's the case, eat more.
    I eat oatmeal every morning and eggs, it takes 5 minutes to make...You telling me you cant get up 5 minutes earlier to have a decent breakfast? No excuses bro. Almonds are expensive, so eat some peanuts and fruit instead of that bar.
    Or when you buy bulk almonds, go through self check out and ring them in as peanuts...that's what I do :P Makes for cheap almonds.
    What do you do for work ? Ditch that shake for breakfast, keep the banana and PB, and eat some oats/bran and those eggs.
    As far as fat goes in the yolk, you hear so many stories about it going both ways. I personally don't pay any attention to the fat in an egg. If I want some eggs, I eat them. There's a hell of a lot worse things you could be eating that would affect your cholesterol

Thread Information