inklife is offline Junior Member

Carb cycling to get lean

I'm currently carb cycling every week and doing cardio LISS 3-4x a week. I'm also running a test prop only cycle. The questions I have for you guys is yes I understand carb cycling is to get lean and lose BF but because I'm running test will I also add any size at all? Kinda going for the more anesthetic look here.. I'm 6 foot 180 and bf 8-9% right now I can't post my diet if that will help.. Also how far will carb cycling go? is there a way to hit a plateau while doing it Thanks!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inklife View Post
    I'm currently carb cycling every week and doing cardio LISS 3-4x a week. I'm also running a test prop only cycle. The questions I have for you guys is yes I understand carb cycling is to get lean and lose BF but because I'm running test will I also add any size at all? Kinda going for the more anesthetic look here.. I'm 6 foot 180 and bf 8-9% right now I can't post my diet if that will help.. Also how far will carb cycling go? is there a way to hit a plateau while doing it Thanks!
    You mean Aesthetic, right?

With regards to gaining, no. You wont gain any lean muscle because if you are carb cycling correctly you'll be in a calorific deficit. In order to build new tissue the body needs a surplus of calories. You 'might' get some strength gains, but they'll be minimal. The use of AAS whilst cutting allows the body to hold onto its current LBM. Carb cycling can be quite aggressive depending upon your routine, so without AAS you could lose more of your current lean mass.

Now with regard to your test-prop cycle. You've already started, but some extra info would be nice.
    Age? Cycle experience? Lifting experience? AI? HCG ? What carb routine are you doing, and a diet write up would be good too!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    You mean Aesthetic, right?

With regards to gaining, no. You wont gain any lean muscle because if you are carb cycling correctly you'll be in a calorific deficit. In order to build new tissue the body needs a surplus of calories. You 'might' get some strength gains, but they'll be minimal. The use of AAS whilst cutting allows the body to hold onto its current LBM. Carb cycling can be quite aggressive depending upon your routine, so without AAS you could lose more of your current lean mass.

Now with regard to your test-prop cycle. You've already started, but some extra info would be nice.
    Age? Cycle experience? Lifting experience? AI? HCG ? What carb routine are you doing, and a diet write up would be good too!

Thanks.
    Here's my current carb cycle

DAY M T W TH F S SN
    WEEK COMBINATION A A A B B A B

-TYPE A DIET-
    Meal1
    45 g oats
    2 Eggs
    1/2 cup of liquid egg whites

Meal2
    1scoop protein
    3.0 oz sweet potatoes
    3.0oz steak

Meal 3
    6 oz chicken or tilapia
    12 almonds
    1 Cup brown Rice

Meal4
    40g oats
    2 scoop protein
    10 almonds

Meal5
    1/2 Cup Egg whites and 1 whole egg
    3 Ezekiel bread
    10 almonds

Meal6
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1scoop protein
    1 tblspoon almond butter

**Take a whole food multi-vitamin

** 2 gallons of water

-TYPE B DIET-
    Meal1
    40 g oats
    2 Eggs
    1/2 cup of liquid egg whites

Meal2
    1scoop protein
    2.5 oz sweet potatoes
    2.0oz steak

Meal 3
    6 oz chicken or tilapia
    8 almonds
    1/2 Cup brown Rice

Meal4
    40g oats
    2 scoop protein
    8 almonds

Meal5
    1/2 Cup Egg whites and 1 whole egg
    2 Ezekiel bread
    8 almonds

Meal6
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1scoop protein
    1 tblspoon almond butter

It'll be my first cycle if test prop ever. I'm 23 , 180 lbs around 9-10% bf.. I've lifted for about 4-5 years now and have some decent size here also I'm take AI arimidex and pct nolva clomid

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by inklife View Post
    It'll be my first cycle if test prop ever. I'm 23 , 180 lbs around 9-10% bf.. I've lifted for about 4-5 years now and have some decent size here also I'm take AI arimidex and pct nolva clomid
    1. hey man have u started ur cycle yet?

2.180lbs 8-9%bf means u have about 160lbs LBM.. at 6 feet tall u should be carrying more weight than this after 5 yrs.

3. u can cycle carbs and lean bulk, u do not have to be in a caloric deficit to cycle carbs. typically someone cycling carbs is cutting but this is not always the case. all cycling carbs means is u eat different amounts of carbs daily depending on goals and other factors (such as activity).

u could eat: 150g one day; 250g one day; 450g one day and it would still be a carb cycle. whether ur cutting or bulking is more dictated by total cals. right now im eating 50-100g carbs one day and 500g carbs the next and running maintenance. it is still a carb cycle diet

personally i suggest u post ur proposed cycle in the AAS Q and A section (if u havent already) and let those dudes sort u out.

as far as ur diet above ur food choices look ok but its hard to say if ur eating them in the right proportions because u have not included total cals and macros.

read both these stickies as well:

Lean Bulking:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...l#.UWYQklf2VOF

Cutting:
    http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...l#.UWYP31f2VOE

lets see total cals and macros for the diet above.

also im not exactly clear on ur goals? im assuming u want to add mass but u also want to get leaner or what? 8-9% is pretty lean as it is..

Ill look into those links I actually just switched/ revised my diet and went according to more low carb days and 1-2 refeed days. The refeed days being on a lacking body part. I'm still new to nutrition so it's good to get input. Since it's summer in going to just try to stay cut and lean but wanna do it properly and also not lose my size so that's why I figured I'd run a cycle. I posted it in the AAs section and recommended pin EOD which I'm doing and AI of arimedex during cycle and also I'm going to do clomid and nolva pct wise. Any opinion on throwing in a thermo?? Also I'm going to start more HIIT sprints to maximize cutting. I was leaning towards doing this upon waking up in the AM on my non training days. My low carb days are around 500 cals below my maintenance cals higher protein, high fat low carb. And my refeed is a little above maintaince with protein at around 1g per BW and high carbs lower fat

Low Carb diet
    MEAL #1
    45 OATS
    1 CUP EGG WHITES
    MEAL#2
    1.5 SCOOPS PROTEIN ON
    30G DEXTROSE
    4OZ CHICKEN
    3OZ YAMS
    MEAL#3
    ½ CUP RICE
    6 OZ CHICKEN
    9 ALMONDS
    MEAL#4
    40 G OATS
    2 SCOOPS PROTEIN
    9 ALMONDS
    MEAL# 5
    2 SLICES EZEKIAL
    .7 CUP EGG WHITES
    9 ALMONDS
    MEAL#6
    ½ COTTAGE CHEESE
    15G ALMOND BUTTER
    1 SCOOP PROTEIN
    2388 CALS 55 FAT 268 PROTIEN 180 CARBS
    RE-FEED 2 DAYS
    1 CUP EGG WHITES
    1 CUP OATS
    1 WHOLE BANANA
    MEAL#2
    60 G DEXTROSE
    1 SCOOP PROTEIN
    MEAL# 3
    7 OZ SWEET POTATO
    3 OZ CHICKEN
    MEAL#4
    2 CUP OF RICE
    3 OZ CHICKEN
    7 ALMONDS
    MEAL#5
    1 SCOOP PROTEIN
    1 CUP OATS
    7 ALMONDS
    MEAL # 6
    3 SLICES EZEKIAL
    .5 CUPS EGG WHITES
    7 ALMONDS
    MEAL #7
    15G ALMOND BUTTER
    ½ CUP COTTAGE CHEESE
    .5 SCOOP PROTIEN
    2900CALS 405 CARBS 50 FAT 190 PROTEIN
    SPLIT
    MON: CHEST ABS LISS
    TUE: BACK CALVES
    WED: SHOULDERS TRAPS
    THUR: OFF HIIT
    FRI: ARMS
    SAT: LEGS RE-FEED
    SUN: OFF HIIT
    M T W TH FRI SA SUN
    L L H L L H L

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I suppose I hadnt considered the fact that you could bulk or eat maintenance whilst CarbCycling, my bad! Thanks for the correction there 405.
    OP, I would seriously use the fact that 405 has involved himself in this thread, he is one of the top guys here regarding dieting in my opinion.

So if I understand your goals, you're at 9%bf, but you would like to cut up more? Do you have any pictures?

With regards to your new revised diet, what is your TDEE? I see a lot of protein shakes in there, could you possibly swap them out for real foods? I would probably suggest slightly higher protein on your re-feed days, but I'll wait and see what 405 says. Im really only just beginning to get into CarbCycling, and there are so many different ways to do it with so many different protocols!
    You're correct in wanting to do your cardio in the AM, it is pretty widely supported here that fasted cardio is the best for cutting.

Krugerr

Thanks Kruger I prolly am gonna stand corrected on the BF % I think I'm at around 10 at least ill add a pic to get your opinion I've been dieting for a couple weeks on low carb diet here but I want to make sure I'm solid with what I got here and thinking of using a thermo here soon as wellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	7666 
Size:	487.0 KB 
ID:	137117

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    As far as BF it's hard to tell with a pic.... You could be 10 11 12% BF but really it doesn't matter too much right now....

If you want to get leaner set your calories based on 11% for now.... Even if that's a bit low or high it doesn't matter as metabolic rate will vary vastly and setting calories off of a body weight and BF% (using LBM) is inherently inaccurate....

180 @ 11%...

LBM = 160.2 lbs LBM

Set your calories at about 2000 which will be roughly 400 under your maintenance...

At 11% set your protein at 1.4g/lb of LBM

Protein = 224g or 896 cals

Set fat at 0.35g/ lb of LBM

Fat = 56g or 504 cals

Carbs make up the rest....

Carbs = 150g or 600 cals

Now use that's as the base for ur diet and make modifications to it from there based on weight and BF% progression.... However if your doing your first cycle I'd actually ignore the scale and just go by a skin fold since your going to gain weight anyway

As far as a thermogen or 'fat burner' you have a few options..... ECA, clen , T3..... But for now just get the macros dialled in... Cycle the carbs if u like but just make sure u hit ur macro goals over the week....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Ill get that dialed in! Also I'm going to do hiit 2x per week and LISS 1x and ill go from there... Also for those refeed days should there be just one at first then work up to 2??

Thread Information