Thread: diet advice

777hotrod is offline New Member

diet advice

Looking for some advice. I'm 39 and about to start TRT. Currently I've been running 3 days low carb one day carb up. Seems to be working great for my midsection. I'm 6'1 and 173. Low carb days= 2200 cal. 290 protein. 100 carbs. 69 fats. Carb day= 2850 cal. 240 protein. 326 carbs. And 56 fats. Work out is= 3 days circuit training with cardio (road bike 30 to 60 min)3 days lifting with 1 or 2 cardio sessions as well. My blood work was total T 104(348-1197), free T 3.1(8.7-25.1). So I want to gain some more lean mass and be well defined especially in the midsection. When I start I'll be on 100mg a week test cyp. with 250mg hcg twice a week. Any advice is welcomed. I want to have this nailed down to take advantage of what my body hasn't had for some time.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If what ur doing is working, bringing up ur test levels will only enhance it. I think u should keep doing what ur found till u become stagnant.

-Chomp Chomp Chomp-Clink Clink Clink-

Thanks, just making sure I'll be able to gain some lean muscle at these calories.

Quote Originally Posted by 777hotrod
    Thanks, just making sure I'll be able to gain some lean muscle at these calories.
    Well, r u trying to cut or add mass?

What's ur bf?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1620019771.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	137240

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Well, r u trying to cut or add mass?

What's ur bf?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1620019771.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	137240

Ultimately, I want my midsection to stand out. Yet my chest and arms need to grow as well. I'm thinking around 15% BF.

Ultimately, I want my midsection to stand out. Yet my chest and arms need to grow as well. I'm thinking around 15% BF.
    Well the only way ur midsection is going to stand out is dropping ur bf. which means a caloric deficit, it's damn near impossible to gain muscle on a deficit. U need to focus on one or the other. Granted, starting trt u may do both at first, but it will quickly come to a halt. With summer coming around, I'd continue to cut and get down to where u r happy with ur body fat then do an extremely lean bulk to keep ur bf at bay. The addition of trt will help with loosing any muscle mass while cutting.

But something that stands out to me is ur tdee should b around 2200 and ur eating that on ur low carb day and 600 cal surplus on high carb day. That's kind of a lean bulk tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    But something that stands out to me is ur tdee should b around 2200 and ur eating that on ur low carb day and 600 cal surplus on high carb day. That's kind of a lean bulk tactic.

So that was going to be my next question regarding lean bulking and how to in my case. If I got you, then leave things alone? or go into more caloric deficit now for my midsection and then come back to what I'm doing now to lean bulk?

So that was going to be my next question regarding lean bulking and how to in my case. If I got you, then leave things alone? or go into more caloric deficit now for my midsection and then come back to what I'm doing now to lean bulk?
    Well you've said that ur carb cycle has been doing good for ur midsection, and without ur bf I couldn't really assess ur caloric intake. Right now ur averaging slightly over ur tdee. You'd make better progress if u were averaging slightly under ur tdee. But there is a downfall to that, especially with low test, you'll run the risk of loosing lbm. If your seeing improvement in ur midsection while being in a surplus, I'd stay with what ur doing. At least until u start up ur trt. Then I'd play with lowering ur cal intake.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'll do once I start my TRT

Thread Information