Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100

Fiber! What do we do with it?

Does fiber count in the total carbs macro even though it is not digestable? What I mean is if I have consumed 200 grams of carbs but 35 of those are fiber, do they still count? Or do you subtract them from the total carb calories? I think I confused myself. lol.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazensol
    Does fiber count in the total carbs macro even though it is not digestable? What I mean is if I have consumed 200 grams of carbs but 35 of those are fiber, do they still count? Or do you subtract them from the total carb calories? I think I confused myself. lol.
    Insoluble fiber doesn't count towards your total carb macro since you can't digest it, however I include it anyway as a small 'insurance policy' as I tend to go over a bit with carbs to begin with.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good thread, bought up a topic I had been meaning to ask about.
    This is a little contradictory, could you clear this up a little please GB? It lists Fruit as Insoluble, and then in the Soluble section has Appleas, Oranges and Pears, would this mean that bananas are Insoluble? Nuts are listed in both catagories, as well. So looking at Broccoli, you would discount effectively all the calories obtained from the carb in this? If looking for a true calorie count.

Quote Originally Posted by WebMD
    Sources of insoluble fiber:
    whole wheat, whole grains, wheat bran, corn bran, seeds, nuts, barley, couscous, brown rice, bulgur, zucchini, celery, broccoli, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, dark leafy vegetables, raisins, grapes, fruit, and root vegetable skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMD
    Sources of soluble fiber:
    oatmeal, oat cereal, lentils, apples, oranges, pears, oat bran, strawberries, nuts, flaxseeds, beans, dried peas, blueberries, psyllium, cucumbers, celery, and carrots.

(Source:
    Dietary Fiber: Insoluble and Soluble Fiber)

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You discount the actual fiber content, not all the carbs.

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You discount the actual fiber content, not all the carbs.
    Great... I am already having trouble making my carbs and now I gotta eat more. lol. I wish fat was half as hard.

Thread Information