bradhore is offline Member

Muscle Gluconeogenesis

Can someone breifly explain the processes with muscle gluconeogen ??

Having a hard time trying to understand it all with dieting..

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What exactly is it that u want to know?

I believe gluconeogynesis occurs during ketosis because the brain and a few other tissues can not use free fatty acids as an energy source like skeletal muscle can.

Is it where if your on 'low' carbs, after a few days your muscles lose glucogeon, therefor any cardio you do burns the fat, because youve past the muscle glucogen stage?

Am i right in saying your muscles need to lose glucogeon before you can lose fat??

i need explaining of the process and how it works

Quote Originally Posted by bradhore
    Is it where if your on 'low' carbs, after a few days your muscles lose glucogeon, therefor any cardio you do burns the fat, because youve past the muscle glucogen stage?

Am i right in saying your muscles need to lose glucogeon before you can lose fat??

i need explaining of the process and how it works
    Kinda...gluconeogynesis is pretty much the conversion of protein to glucose. On a carb restricted diet, liver and muscle glycogen is depleted. Your body has a series of adaptions that take place. Ur body starts burning fat (body or dietary) as energy. But there are tissues in your body that can not use free fatty acids as an energy source, like your brain. Well your liver pretty much turns fat into ketones, which ur brain CAN use as energy, but it can only derive up to 75% of its energy consumption from ketones. So to get the remaining energy for your brain, if carbs are not present, it will use gluconeogynesis as a way to make up that remaining energy.

Also, when your in ketosis (absence of carbs), FFA do not supply a quick source of energy (with the exception of coconut oil), so high intensity cardio is not recommended, and will lead to protein breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Also, when your in ketosis (absence of carbs), FFA do not supply a quick source of energy (with the exception of coconut oil), so high intensity cardio is not recommended, and will lead to protein breakdown.
    even when on a cycle on tren /test???

Also, does this happen when on LOW carbs, or no carbs?

is it still possible to burn fat without going for this approach, by say still being under maintenance calories???

even when on a cycle on tren /test???

Also, does this happen when on LOW carbs, or no carbs?

is it still possible to burn fat without going for this approach, by say still being under maintenance calories???
    I was actually just inquiring about this earlier. as long as you have ample amounts of dietary protein then your lbm should not be effected and should remain in positive nitrogen balance, and possibly enter ketosis sooner then if natural.

Ur considered to b in ketosis under 100g carbs I believe. But i believe will not become fully fat adapted. By doing so, you stay in the "adaption" stage and can remain in a negative nitrogen balance for extended periods of time. Which can b tricky, as far as consuming the right amount of protein to keep lbm from being broken down.

Yes you can lose bf while being in a balanced deficit. Energy is energy. But while carbs are being consumed, insulin is present. Insulin halts fat loss.

If ketosis burns fat faster then a balanced diet lacks evidence because of the studies that have been done.

Some people can loose weight quickly with the consumptions of carbs, others can not.

hmmm. thanks for the info.

there's so much to it!!!

hmmm. thanks for the info.

there's so much to it!!!
    There really is. I only touched the tip really. Lyle McDonald does a pretty good job explaining it in plain English in his book ketogenic diet

im still wondering if its possible to gain muscle AND lose fat with the low carbs under 100g approach..

im still wondering if its possible to gain muscle AND lose fat with the low carbs under 100g approach..
    It's possible, but it takes a lot of will power, knowledge and manipulation. I have however managed to eat 4000 calories a day and not gain, or at least minimally gain fat

Thread Information