Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnieWalker is offline New Member

my 4 week plan to lower BF

Hey guys how's it going! My goal is to lose a few lbs bf roughly 10 lbs to drop bf to around 12-13%.

Here's my stats:
    Ht. 6'0''
    Wt. 87kg, 185-190lbs
    Bf. 15%
    Training regime: two days on one day off. These off days are simply ab days,stretch days and on either or there is cardio. This makes it so one day a week I don't do anything.

My diet is as follows:
    630-7am 2 eggs, 3/4 cup egg whites
    9-930am 1 can salmon, vegetables
    Noon-1 one and a half chicken breast or something similar
    330pm 35g protein shake, one scoop vegegreens.
    5pm-530pm either some food (chicken, tuna, etc) with veges.
    6-7pm is gym time
    8-9pm protein shake 70g
    930-10pm salad with tuna or chicken and 1tbsp olive oil + fresh lemon

I'm not sure the total calories but protein is around 270-300g and I'm not sure on the fat either if anyone can give me a breakdown that would be great!

Thanks so much everyone who helps out!!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Your tdee is around 2450.
    Macros should 40/40/20 or so!

Do you only do cardio 1 day a week?

You need to give macros for each meal for a better critique!

I do cardio every other day and I'm going to do 20 mins in the mornings of decent running (more than a jog less than a sprint).

Also I will update the macros later.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieWalker View Post
    I do cardio every other day and I'm going to do 20 mins in the mornings of decent running (more than a jog less than a sprint).

Also I will update the macros later.
    That should be enough cardio for now. You may not even need it all with a sound diet.

BIGTIMEPUSH is offline Associate Member
    I think to hit your goal of ten pounds in four weeks you might need a little more cardio. This is a good plan and should produce results, but ten pounds is a little steep in four weeks if your BF% is already around 15%. The lower the % the harder it is to lose, stick to your diet and don't give up. Good luck!!

I forget about the four week target when commenting about cardio! 10 lbs is doable but extremely hard and may risk some LBM... Stretch that to 5-6 weeks and 10 lbs of fat could be lost!

Also for cardio I'm only doing around 15-20 mins of incline walk at incline of 14 walking speed of 3.0

also I forgot to mention that during my workout (40 mins in when the body begins to becomes catabolic) I am consuming a "muscle martini" which consists of one scoop BCAAs (anabolic halo), 10g glutamine, and 2tbsp of sugar for that insulin spike.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieWalker
    Also for cardio I'm only doing around 15-20 mins of incline walk at incline of 14 walking speed of 3.0

also I forgot to mention that during my workout (40 mins in when the body begins to becomes catabolic) I am consuming a "muscle martini" which consists of one scoop BCAAs (anabolic halo), 10g glutamine, and 2tbsp of sugar for that insulin spike.

Thoughts?
    Please tell me where you have heard that the body enters a catabolic state after 40 minutes? I honestly don't see the need for your muscle martini after 40 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post

Please tell me where you have heard that the body enters a catabolic state after 40 minutes? I honestly don't see the need for your muscle martini after 40 minutes!
    Ben Pakulski, I can't link anything now but it's in his "MI40" workout plan.

Today woke up nice n early did some light fasted cardio for 15-20 mins. Going for round two in the evening for 20-30 mins

Today woke up nice n early did some light fasted cardio for 15-20 mins. Going for round two in the evening for 20-30 mins
    id do fasted cardio for 30 minutes!
    and evening HIT for 15-20

regardless i see no need for this muscle martini

id do fasted cardio for 30 minutes!
    and evening HIT for 15-20

regardless i see no need for this muscle martini
    I'll try out that cardio for sure and I like the muscle martini. Going to definitely keep taking it.

I'll try out that cardio for sure and I like the muscle martini. Going to definitely keep taking it.
    Good luck keep it posted on your progress!

Sub_Zero is offline Junior Member
    Personally I would do ratio of P/C/F (50/30/20) as it works very well for me. So far I've managed to bring my body-fat % down to 8%. My stats are similar to yours, however I'm slightly lighter: 170lbs. I tend to do 3 day Max-Output and 3 day Mid-Output by hitting every single muscle twice a weak with an average of 45min per muscle group. Furthermore, I combine resistance training with weights for size and definition.
    Tip: I started increasing my metabolism by doing regular cardio (3 times per week), drinking plenty of water and eating very spicy food (CLEAN FOOD ONLY). Once I plateaued I stopped cardio and carried on with normal regimen of training (Weights + Resistance)

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Zero View Post
    Personally I would do ratio of P/C/F (50/30/20) as it works very well for me. So far I've managed to bring my body-fat % down to 8%. My stats are similar to yours, however I'm slightly lighter: 170lbs. I tend to do 3 day Max-Output and 3 day Mid-Output by hitting every single muscle twice a weak with an average of 45min per muscle group. Furthermore, I combine resistance training with weights for size and definition.
    Tip: I started increasing my metabolism by doing regular cardio (3 times per week), drinking plenty of water and eating very spicy food (CLEAN FOOD ONLY). Once I plateaued I stopped cardio and carried on with normal regimen of training (Weights + Resistance)
    Interesting. And do you combine muscle groups on the same day? What do you eat for spicy foods? Is there any link between spicy foods and bf loss? Also I'm confused with your resistance training mixed with weights. Isn't that the same as lifting?

So ran a 40 minute jog yesterday and then later in the day did back and bis. And later that evening played soccer for an hour and a half

So ran a 40 minute jog yesterday and then later in the day did back and bis. And later that evening played soccer for an hour and a half
    That's a lot in one day! IMO calories should be increased on days like this...

That's a lot in one day! IMO calories should be increased on days like this...
    I think do too because I was so drained after my run and when I lifted I couldn't lift nearly as heavy. I'm looking leaner though which I love.

Starting this back up because it's been one week and I'm feeling nice. I went camping this weekend so some poor decisions in terms of diet happened but I did manage to stay somewhat fit with swimming and body weight exercises. I'm starting up again today I'll be going on a run, doing lunges and I did 450 reps of partial curl ups.

Starting this back up because it's been one week and I'm feeling nice. I went camping this weekend so some poor decisions in terms of diet happened but I did manage to stay somewhat fit with swimming and body weight exercises. I'm starting up again today I'll be going on a run, doing lunges and I did 450 reps of partial curl ups.
    *do 500 reps of partial curl ups. I already did 450 in a row during camping.

Thread Information