>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Well people, I'm here to get some opinions on juicing. I hear it can be used for bulking or cutting or maintaining and is good all year round. Few questions tho, what kind of juice should I make? Any recipes? Any suggestions? Is it more of a weight loss thing or just bettee for overall health? .

And ill need a source on a wicked juicer brand name and location to buy please!!

P.s. my wife & kids will be juicing too!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you looking to cut weight or what are your goals?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Are you looking to cut weight or what are your goals?
    Im looking to add muscle but the juice Would be just for the nutritional benefits. My wife wants to lose 20-25 lbs and figured the juice will help. I've heard thay its good to lose weight with certain recipes and other recipes won't make you lose weight but will have high vitamin and carb contents

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Im looking to add muscle but the juice Would be just for the nutritional benefits. My wife wants to lose 20-25 lbs and figured the juice will help. I've heard thay its good to lose weight with certain recipes and other recipes won't make you lose weight but will have high vitamin and carb contents
    I would be interested to hear more about this as it still seems like the body would absorb this real fast leaving you hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post

I would be interested to hear more about this as it still seems like the body would absorb this real fast leaving you hungry?
    Well certain recipes are to help you curb hunger and others just make up for the lack of nutrients in regular diet and not meant to replace your normal meals. . I actually just walked in with my new juicer and I am taking the test drive... will report back here and there

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck<
    Well certain recipes are to help you curb hunger and others just make up for the lack of nutrients in regular diet and not meant to replace your normal meals. . I actually just walked in with my new juicer and I am taking the test drive... will report back here and there
    True it's not like we don't consume other things that digest fast. Looking forward to the updates bro

fender08 is offline Junior Member
    I got a juicer and in the mornings, I'm always In a rush, it takes a lot of time to clean up after. I'd recommend getting one that is a little less time consuming. 430 in the morning it sucks. It keeps me from getting hungry for quite awhile though

starscream is offline Associate Member
    I have some experience with juicing but mine is a bit more extreme than just casual juicing for added nutrients.

I have done a couple long term juice fasts, one lasting 4 days, another lasted 3 weeks (meaning nothing but home juiced fruits ang veggies or water 24/7 that was it!.. wouldn't recommend) I did it strictly to lose weight which I quickly put back on once I went back to my regular diet.

There is a documentary called "fat, sick, and nearly dead" about a man nameb Joe cross who mekes a life changing move and juice fasts for 2 months straight. He changes his life around for the better and ends up a much healthier man.. check it out.

As for recipes, I actually used the one he recommends in his film, called "Mean Green" you can look it up but from memory it has

Kale
    Cucumber
    Celery
    Ginger root
    Green apples
    Lemon

I think that was about it.. tastes pretty good but takes a little getting use to.

As far as hunger goes, I'm speaking from a perspective of having NOTHING but the juice all day long! And for the first few days it was miserable. But after that it got to the point where I was full after a 20oz juice.. in fact one thing I have recommended to some friends who tend to over eat is to do a 3 day juice fast. You learn the difference between hunger and craving big time!

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post
    I have some experience with juicing but mine is a bit more extreme than just casual juicing for added nutrients.

I have done a couple long term juice fasts, one lasting 4 days, another lasted 3 weeks (meaning nothing but home juiced fruits ang veggies or water 24/7 that was it!.. wouldn't recommend) I did it strictly to lose weight which I quickly put back on once I went back to my regular diet.

There is a documentary called "fat, sick, and nearly dead" about a man nameb Joe cross who mekes a life changing move and juice fasts for 2 months straight. He changes his life around for the better and ends up a much healthier man.. check it out.

As for recipes, I actually used the one he recommends in his film, called "Mean Green" you can look it up but from memory it has

Kale
    Cucumber
    Celery
    Ginger root
    Green apples
    Lemon

I think that was about it.. tastes pretty good but takes a little getting use to.

As far as hunger goes, I'm speaking from a perspective of having NOTHING but the juice all day long! And for the first few days it was miserable. But after that it got to the point where I was full after a 20oz juice.. in fact one thing I have recommended to some friends who tend to over eat is to do a 3 day juice fast. You learn the difference between hunger and craving big time!
    Thanks my friend, I value and appreciate your response. I Will be looking into this documentary as well as your suggested recipe "mean green"

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Why do juicing when one can fast 2-3 days/week with better results and a method that is actually sustainable?

~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Why do juicing when one can fast 2-3 days/week with better results and a method that is actually sustainable?

~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs
    You obviously failed to read the post...just the title I guess. .... looking for nutritional benefits, not to lose weight. Thanks for the reply tho. Cheers

bartman314 is offline Productive Member

my wife got me into it.

we have been juicing seriously for about a year and i recommend it highly. here are some tips:

get the best juicer you can afford - we've been through 3 and now have a breville juice fountain elite. it is easier to clean (still a pain tho) and makes good juice from anything!

drink juice right away - apparently enzymes oxidize rapidly (according to internet!)

carrots, carrots, carrots - makes everything else taste better

benefits seem to be (always hard for me to tell given the complexity of all the parameters that are varying all the time): health, energy, family bonding (although kids don't like it when we run out of carrots).

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    we have been juicing seriously for about a year and i recommend it highly. here are some tips:

get the best juicer you can afford - we've been through 3 and now have a breville juice fountain elite. it is easier to clean (still a pain tho) and makes good juice from anything!

drink juice right away - apparently enzymes oxidize rapidly (according to internet!)

benefits seem to be (always hard for me to tell given the complexity of all the parameters that are varying all the time): health, energy, family bonding (although kids don't like it when we run out of carrots).

Sweet! We bought the "big boss" juicer on sale at walmart...if we manage to get use out of it and continue to show interest, I won't mind spending the money for a top shelf one. This one seems high quality but I can't be sure as I have no comparator.

Aside from the juicer itself, we are lookung forward to starting this weekend (recommended to start on weekend because it may shock our systems and keep us close to the washroom). Also hoping our kids will join....willingly lol

Here's our firsr juicer. We hopefully got a good deal but I won't mind upgrading if this is more permanent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20131001_124250.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	144511

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20131001_124321.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	144512

bartman314 is offline Productive Member

my wife got me into it.

starscream is offline Associate Member

Thanks my friend, I value and appreciate your response. I Will be looking into this documentary as well as your suggested recipe "mean green"
    No problem bro! Also wanted to add a bit about the juicer. I first bought a cheaper one (i think it was around $50) but after going through two of them I decided to upgrade to a bit nicer one. I have the Jack Lalanne power juicer they sell at Wal-Mart.. still no comparison to a breville but I have liked it. The cheap ones just can't handle every day use IMO. Also it does get EXTREMELY annoying cleaning it after every use.. I started making a gallon at a time just so I didn't have to clean it every morning, besides it was my only "food" source so it was just easier.. however the longer it sits (even in an air tight container) it starts to oxidize, turn brown and fade a bit funny.. and will lose some of the nutrients.

If you are going to have a few juices a week or even just 1 a day or so it's not a big deal to clean it after every use but 4 or 5 a day gets pretty bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream View Post

No problem bro! Also wanted to add a bit about the juicer. I first bought a cheaper one (i think it was around $50) but after going through two of them I decided to upgrade to a bit nicer one. I have the Jack Lalanne power juicer they sell at Wal-Mart.. still no comparison to a breville but I have liked it. The cheap ones just can't handle every day use IMO. Also it does get EXTREMELY annoying cleaning it after every use.. I started making a gallon at a time just so I didn't have to clean it every morning, besides it was my only "food" source so it was just easier.. however the longer it sits (even in an air tight container) it starts to oxidize, turn brown and fade a bit funny.. and will lose some of the nutrients.

If you are going to have a few juices a week or even just 1 a day or so it's not a big deal to clean it after every use but 4 or 5 a day gets pretty bothersome.
    Well the one a day is where we wil be starting. Thinking of adding it to dinner time with the meal. Trying to figure it in so as not to replace anything that we normally do. If I get a couple months out of the one we bought ($40 on sale!) Ill be happy with that. As for cleaning- ill let you know how bad it is. Luckly for me that's a pink job haha

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    P.s. my wife & kids will be juicing too!
    You obviously failed to read the post...just the title I guess. .... looking for nutritional benefits, not to lose weight. Thanks for the reply tho. Cheers
    My apologies, I was responding to the ps. unless the Wife and Kid is cutting or Bulking also?

Thanks
    ~T

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

My apologies, I was responding to the ps. unless the Wife and Kid is cutting or Bulking also?

Thanks
    ~T
    You know what, my mistake - I shouldn't have reacted like that. The op sounds like I want to juice for gains or something but its more about vitamins and minerals and antiox's. I suppose the kids are all on a bulk till their done growing lol

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I use a Breville centrifugal juicer. Lots of prep and clean up, and veggies can get expensive, but you feel great after doing it!

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Love fresh juice. We've got a Jack De Lane Juicer. It works pretty good. Always a lot of cleanup.

Kale
    Carrots
    Beets-Highly Recommend
    Ginger root
    Apples
    Pears
    celery
    Many more. We just mix it all up and drink it immediately.

My wife has a book, there a lot of combinations that benifit in different ways. i.e memory, energy and so forth. Its the cleanup that sucks tho. We only do it once a week as of late.

I would highly recommend a Vita Mix. Put handfuls of Kale and Spinach into protein shakes. And soups.

Just boil a bunch of different veggies with spices and through it in the Vitamix, add chicken and you got a high end quality soup.

Failure is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    Love fresh juice. We've got a Jack De Lane Juicer. It works pretty good. Always a lot of cleanup.

Kale
    Carrots
    Beets-Highly Recommend
    Ginger root
    Apples
    Pears
    celery
    Many more. We just mix it all up and drink it immediately.

My wife has a book, there a lot of combinations that benifit in different ways. i.e memory, energy and so forth. Its the cleanup that sucks tho. We only do it once a week as of late.

I would highly recommend a Vita Mix. Put handfuls of Kale and Spinach into protein shakes. And soups.

Just boil a bunch of different veggies with spices and through it in the Vitamix, add chicken and you got a high end quality soup.

Isn't the whole benefit of juicing to not destroy the nutrients by cooking them?

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    I first thought that he meant juicing as using AS xD

Thread Information