sleepstalker is offline Junior Member

Carbs and Burning da fat?

I cant decide weather to do carbs only around workouts or just spread them through out the day. I mean I generally like slow digesting carbs with the exception of brown rice and or sweet potatoes. It seems the majority of fat burning would take place at night with low insulin and the rise in GH. Also fats and proteins raise insulin too. Plus insulin in small doses could be a good thing for muscle growth, pushing those nutrients in there. I dont know..I feel like the answer I am gonna get is trial and error. But was curious to see what you guys think?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepstalker
    I cant decide weather to do carbs only around workouts or just spread them through out the day. I mean I generally like slow digesting carbs with the exception of brown rice and or sweet potatoes. It seems the majority of fat burning would take place at night with low insulin and the rise in GH. Also fats and proteins raise insulin too. Plus insulin in small doses could be a good thing for muscle growth, pushing those nutrients in there. I dont know..I feel like the answer I am gonna get is trial and error. But was curious to see what you guys think?
    Carbs before and after workout only gives good results. Like you say it is trial and error, play around with the macros and give it some time to monitor results - about two weeks before making adjustments

Black Beard is offline New Member
    Optimally before and after workouts. It won't make a huge differences. Calories are the most important thing when burning fat.

sleepstalker is offline Junior Member
    Thanks both for replies.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepstalker View Post
    I cant decide weather to do carbs only around workouts or just spread them through out the day.
    Makes no difference in terms of the "burning fat" goal whatsoever so eat them when you feel like you need food.

Thanks
    ~T

"I stay mostly by myself, but it's OK, they know me here"
    Follow my personal story here: Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com Forums - An honest journey - Blogs

Thread Information