Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Reiid13

Thread: Implementing carbs - Cutting diet

Reiid13 is offline Member
    So ive taken some advice from the PRO's on here . The diet is going great , lean and clean !

But ..

Im scared of eating carbs . How and which carbs do I eat ? Silly question right ? I stick brown rice in my shopping basket and its thrown inbetween the frozen peas while walking around the shop.

My diet is :

No added sugar , no bread , no fizzy drinks - Just water or sugar free squash

Turkey breast , tuna cans , eggs , brocoli , green beans , loads veg . Fibre I keep low also mainly from beans .

Just whole food , low cals , high protein , low fats !

I know carbs are essential especially when bulking , but im scared to eat when cutting .
    Last edited by Reiid13; 12-06-2013 at 07:45 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiid13 View Post
    So ive taken some advice from the PRO's on here . The diet is going great , lean and clean !

But ..

Im scared of eating carbs . How and which carbs do I eat ? Silly question right ? I stick brown rice in my shopping basket and its thrown inbetween the frozen peas while walking around the shop.

My diet is :

No added sugar , no bread , no fizzy drinks - Just water or sugar free squash

Turkey breast , tuna cans , eggs , brocoli , green beans , loads veg . Fibre I keep low also mainly from beans .

Just whole food , low cals , high protein , low fats !

I know carbs are essential especially when bulking , but im scared to eat when cutting .
    False. They may be optimal for some people, but certainly not essential.

If you want to incorporate carbs, it boils down to how 'clean' you want to eat. If you want to keep it clean, stick with brown rice, potatoes/yams, beans/lentils/legumes, quinoa, cous cous, oats, etc. If you don't mind eating a bit 'dirtier' (and honestly, I don't think it'll impact your goal, especially if said goal is to add mass), feel free to incorporate pasta, bread, etc. Hitting your macro nutrient goal is far more important then food choices at this point. If you get to a point where you're looking to compete and get well into single digit bodyfat, that would be the time to start 'nitpicking'.

Cheers mate , for brown rice and cous cous whats a average portion size for cutting?

I know its a retrded question but I dont want to over do it

Im not hitting macros , I dont want to get obsessed till after christmas , just getting a very clean head start

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Cheers mate , for brown rice and cous cous whats a average portion size for cutting?
    Impossible to answer as it's all relative to the individual and his/her caloric/macro requirements. Obviously, the answer will be vastly different for a person eating 400g carbs/day vs. somebody eating 100g/day.

If you're not tracking macros (which I hardly consider being "obsessed") as per your comment below, then why bother worrying about portion size? That's essentially tracking macros...

Im not hitting macros , I dont want to get obsessed till after christmas , just getting a very clean head start

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Impossible to answer as it's all relative to the individual and his/her caloric/macro requirements. Obviously, the answer will be vastly different for a person eating 400g carbs/day vs. somebody eating 100g/day.

If you're not tracking macros (which I hardly consider being "obsessed") as per your comment below, then why bother worrying about portion size? That's essentially tracking macros...
    Haha good point !
    As I said im just getting a head start , well when I start dieting and going to the gym I get obsessed with it !
    Obsessed isnt the word , I literally dream about the gym .

I fully understand what your saying and guess ill just adjust accordingly to suit me for now untill I start with macros.

Cheers mate
    gbrice75 likes this.

Thread Information