Raw oats, phytic acid, no miniral absorbtion??? :|

So ya recently i ve just been blending oats in to powder form and drinking it straight up (200 grams+ a day)
    Then I read that the phytic acid in oats wont allow your body to absorb minerals like (zinc, iron and etc).... In order to eliminate the phytic acid, you must soak oats in acid base for 16+hours or some shit like that

What are your thoughts on this? Cause I NEED to drink these oats to grow ( super easy calories + cheap ) but scared of malnutrition in minerals..

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just don't take your vitamins alongside the oats.
    And it's not like we need to worry about low iron levels, since we (male steroid users) have the opposite issue.
    BTW, a base (or alkaline) is the opposite of an acid, so "acid base" makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Just don't take your vitamins alongside the oats.
    And it's not like we need to worry about low iron levels, since we (male steroid users) have the opposite issue.
    BTW, a base (or alkaline) is the opposite of an acid, so "acid base" makes no sense.

Ya that's what i thought of doing, drinking oats way before or after eating anything nutritious.
    I mean as in acid-base medium (base as in container not the actual alkaline aka base).

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    Ya that's what i thought of doing, drinking oats way before or after eating anything nutritious.
    I mean as in acid-base medium (base as in container not the actual alkaline aka base).
    I think you're vastly over-imagining this issue. If oats blunted nutrient absorption significantly, health experts wouldn't advocate them and guys wouldn't grow huge off them.
    BTW, all oats available for purchase at grocery stores are already toasted. So unless you're an oat farmer (or maybe a horse), you've never seen raw oats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytic_acid

Also, most seeds, nuts, and grains contain phytic acid. So there's no way around this stuff or reason to avoid it. You don't need to absorb every bit of mineral you ingest, as losing some portion of nutrients is normal and expected.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 12-13-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information