Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone else on a 100% ORGANIC or non gmo diet?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There IS evidence showing that the quality of meat from organic live stock is superior to something from a factory farm, at least in terms of taste and quality. My university dissertation was about the future of the Beef Industry in the UK and I covered a whole ton of this stuff.

When an animal is about to be slaughtered or when they are all being boxed into some tiny truck somewhere, the stress levels in the animals increase dramatically. I can't remember the exact science but the pH in their blood increases, especially prior to slaughter and this WILL compromise the taste and quality of the meat, the meat often coming out a darker colour.

Aren't beef cows in America pumped full of hormones and all sorts so they meet finishing times and weight?

There are many pros and cons of regular food vs organic.

Anyone eating organic obviously can do because they can afford it and likely they enjoy a healthy life style. I don't think i've ever encountered an obese person that predominately eats organic meat and vegetables.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001 View Post
    Let me guess, you did 10 min of research to try and disprove my point. Or you have studied alternative ways to fight cancer. I doubt the latter. Your a ****ing tool and I'm done with this thread. Btw, my mother has first hand experience with the vit c treatment and she could tell you all about it since it's the reason she is still alive stupid ass
    So bc someone challenged your beliefs you resort to name calling and childish assaults. You sir are the epitome of reason and intellect. Congratulations on your mother's battle with cancer and surviving, although you've not proven causation. Many ppl battle cancer and overcome without vitamin C. Maybe she was one of them.

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    The wife and I eat 95% organic. We cook almost everything we eat, with the exception of eating out once a month or so.

It can be more expensive than non organic, but really not that much. Grass fed beef is definitley more expensive, but well worth it.

Its the pesticides that are our biggest concern.
    I have read that the biggest fear of the medical community is that we are becoming resistant to antibiotics. Here is why:
    When a company like Monsanto, or Dow chemical GMO's a seed, they splice antibiotic tracers into the dna, so they can determin if it is their seed or not. These trace antibiotics in the food, are basically exposing us to antibiotics, therefore we are becoming resistant to them.
    And they feed this to all of the livestock as well.

Also factory farming animals live a horrible life. These are tortured souls, yes I believe animals have souls as well. Eating a tortured soul is not something I want to do. Karma and all that.

Also these large mono crop farms that all grow these GMO seeds could very easily get wiped out by some sort of blight or disease. This would destroy the food industry, and our way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ78 View Post
    The wife and I eat 95% organic. We cook almost everything we eat, with the exception of eating out once a month or so.

It can be more expensive than non organic, but really not that much. Grass fed beef is definitley more expensive, but well worth it.

Its the pesticides that are our biggest concern.
    I have read that the biggest fear of the medical community is that we are becoming resistant to antibiotics. Here is why:
    When a company like Monsanto, or Dow chemical GMO's a seed, they splice antibiotic tracers into the dna, so they can determin if it is their seed or not. These trace antibiotics in the food, are basically exposing us to antibiotics, therefore we are becoming resistant to them.
    And they feed this to all of the livestock as well.
    Antibiotics also become less effective bc of their widespread use. Just like anything else bacteria can and will adapt. Think of vaccination. You purposely inject a modified form of what you're trying to vaccinate against in the hopes that your body will adapt and learn how to fight it in the future. Same goes for bacteria and antibiotics. Continue to treat everything with antibiotics and the bacteria will learn how to fight them off for the future.

greenwell001 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Antibiotics also become less effective bc of their widespread use. Just like anything else bacteria can and will adapt. Think of vaccination. You purposely inject a modified form of what you're trying to vaccinate against in the hopes that your body will adapt and learn how to fight it in the future. Same goes for bacteria and antibiotics. Continue to treat everything with antibiotics and the bacteria will learn how to fight them off for the future.
    What is your point here. I don't understand what you are trying to do, except for looking like an ass or something.

What is your point here. I don't understand what you are trying to do, except for looking like an ass or something.
    I was wondering when you'd grace us with your presence again. Thanks for not making me wait too long

Blog Entries
    Also these large mono crop farms that all grow these GMO seeds could very easily get wiped out by some sort of blight or disease. This would destroy the food industry, and our way of life.
    Not true. This is why there is seed bank. Its a multi-country collaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    Careful brother, keep debating this topic and some ppl may think you're trying to look like an ass or something lol.
    hellomycognomen likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Please stay on topic? Your not even the op, so stfu. Most smart people won't argue that organic is more nutritious. People eat organic to stay away from cancer causing pesticides and they taste better. Period. Grow your own shit and it won't hurt your wallet. You ****s never cease to amaze me. You are arguing about the wrong things in the first place
    While it is hard argue with this high level of intellectual reasoning would you be so kind to point to any studies showing that conventional grown food causes cancer?

~T

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    If the crops fail, it will be too late to start over with non gmo crops. Most of livestock will die without the gmo corn feed that the farmers rely on. As well as, 90% of food in the stores are made from corn products.

Not to mention that Monsanto gmo seeds are called terminator seeds, because you cannot harvest seeds to regrow, you have to buy more seeds.

GMO crops are failing all over the world.

AngryNR3C4 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    While it is hard argue with this high level of intellectual reasoning would you be so kind to point to any studies showing that conventional grown food causes cancer?

~T
    I can get you one which shows that organic food doesn't reduce cancer.

research paper published yesterday, it's all over the news

http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/va...c2014148a.html
    Conclusions:
    In this large prospective study there was little or no decrease in the incidence of cancer associated with consumption of organic food, except possibly for non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post

~T
    to be completely honest, I don't have the time or the desire to find it on the internet and paste it here. I really could care less if you believe what I say or not. I haven't been on this site in over a year since I finished my last cycle and the only reason I'm on here now is for my peptide log and a little research. This board is not my life man, as you can see I have been a member twice as long as you have and have only 1/4 of your post count. Keep on truckin man, somebody will believe you if you post it enough times.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryNR3C4 View Post
    I can get you one which shows that organic food doesn't reduce cancer.

research paper published yesterday, it's all over the news

http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/va...c2014148a.html
    Conclusions:
    In this large prospective study there was little or no decrease in the incidence of cancer associated with consumption of organic food, except possibly for non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
    There is this thing called history ya know. There must be some other reason why as little as 100 yrs ago cancer was almost non existent in smaller communities( and no I'm not going to spend my time finding the statistics). Look at the ingredients of the pesticides and herbicides and then see how many of them are carcinogenic, this is simple science. It's not rocket science fellas, but keep on putting up every study, most of them biased at that, that you can find to prove it to yourselves that organic is not BEST option. It just not ****ing natural, why can't you guys understand that.

Careful brother, keep debating this topic and some ppl may think you're trying to look like an ass or something lol.
    At least you have a sense of humor

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwell001
    There is this thing called history ya know. There must be some other reason why as little as 100 yrs ago cancer was almost non existent in smaller communities( and no I'm not going to spend my time finding the statistics). Look at the ingredients of the pesticides and herbicides and then see how many of them are carcinogenic, this is simple science. It's not rocket science fellas, but keep on putting up every study, most of them biased at that, that you can find to prove it to yourselves that organic is not BEST option. It just not ****ing natural, why can't you guys understand that.
    They found a tumor in an Egyptian mummy

It wouldn't have anything to do with the population more than tripling in the last 100yrs or so would it? Na, probably not.

Your clothes aren't natural, your car isn't natural, your toothpaste isn't natural, the toilet paper you wipe your ass with isn't natural. Natural or not, there's more at play than you care to believe unless you want to start claiming Charmin is giving you cancer too....

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    They found a tumor in an Egyptian mummy
    Cancerous tumor? I said almost non existent.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the population more than tripling in the last 100yrs or so would it? Na, probably not.

Your clothes aren't natural, your car isn't natural, your toothpaste isn't natural, the toilet paper you wipe your ass with isn't natural. Natural or not, there's more at play than you care to believe unless you want to start claiming Charmin is giving you cancer too....
    I don't eat Charmin or my clothes, I don't swallow my toothpaste, good try tho

Actually, in a lot of toilet paper there are many harmful chemicals. Your asshole is a sensitive area, that can absorb a lot of stuff directly into your bloodstream. I would pay attention what you wipe with if I were you. Cancer of the ass does not sound like fun.

And yes you are correct, most of the things we use or touch on a daily basis are harmful and cancer causing. They use very harmful chemicals in Toothpaste, clothes, cars.
    Petroleum is in almost everything. Arsenic, formeldyhyde.

They are going to make sure that everybody gets exposed to some degree or another. But the food is by far the best way to make everyone fat, sick, and weak. Profits.Profits. Healthy people are no good for business. And if you dont believe that the corporations are purposely making people sick for financial gain, then you must wake the fvck up.

Blog Entries
    Actually, in a lot of toilet paper there are many harmful chemicals. Your asshole is a sensitive area, that can absorb a lot of stuff directly into your bloodstream. I would pay attention what you wipe with if I were you. Cancer of the ass does not sound like fun.
    Hahahah!!!!

Blog Entries
    I don't swallow my toothpaste, good try tho
    There is as much fluorine in one 12oz glass of water as in one pea size tooth paste dab.

The fluorine in the water in the US is a major conspiracy.
    Last edited by hellomycognomen; 03-28-2014 at 06:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information