yepimonfire is offline New Member

Help with severely slowed weight loss.

I'll spare the long story but I've been dieting about 7 months after a long layoff where I pretty much let myself get super fat, gone from 278 to 223 in that time and gained some LBM in the beginning.

Height is 6'4"
    Bf is hard to guess because I've got tons of loose skin but it's somewhere around 20% maybe a little less. Maintenance cals are 3000~ it was around 3300 but I'm guessing it's gone down from dieting.
    Currently eating less than 2100 (usually comes in at 2070) 230g p 130c 67f

Started slowing down at the 235 mark so added in T3 at 50mcg, this sped things back up until they slowed again, bumped to 75mcg still stuck, also taking EC and a constant dose of test that's underdosed but I'd say based on bloods it's probably 600 actual mgs a week and I seem to be hanging on to size and strength with the t3 at this.

Unless I want to basically eat protein idk what to drop. I'm not sure why it'd stall on t3 and I know it's legit because body temp ranges between 91-100.1 daily.

I have had a few cheat meals recently and noticed weight loss sped up for 5-7 days following them before screeching to a slow pace again.

Maybe a 2 week reverse diet refeed?

Any suggestions?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is your cardio routine. Nutrition is key but you can improve your results by adding cardio.

Secret to losing body fat?

Eat less, move more.

Avoid simple sugars - cut them out as much as possible.

Been neglecting cardio as I'm usually short on time but I guess I could throw it in twice a week. I've also tried doing cardio post workout but I usually just feel like shit afterwards and can barely do it.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yepimonfire View Post
    Been neglecting cardio as I'm usually short on time but I guess I could throw it in twice a week. I've also tried doing cardio post workout but I usually just feel like shit afterwards and can barely do it.
    I'd recommend at least 45 mins a day. I know that's not always easy, but you will see a world of difference if you can work that in to your current plan. I agree, I can't (won't) do cardio after a workout. I'm usually too spent to even walk on a damn treadmill. I prefer fasted cardio in the morning before my day gets started.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the more fat you carry, the easier it is to lose. as you approach a lower bf%, losing more BF becomes increasingly more difficult. Pretty basic concept.

get to 50 posts and pm me and i'll send you the macro calculator. it will allow you to track your food consumption on the fly, and recalculate your TDEE anytime you have a weight change or a change in BF%, or even a change in activity level.

The concept is clear, eat less than your TDEE (which includes your activity level), and it is inevitable you will lose weight. Increase your cardio (minimum 20 minutes a session) and you will metabolize fat for energy.

With some people, this is easier, others not so easy.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I have had a few cheat meals recently and noticed weight loss sped up for 5-7 days following them before screeching to a slow pace again.
    Why not continue this approach if you noticed continued fat loss?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Why not continue this approach if you noticed continued fat loss?

Thanks
    That's what I'm considering, but I'm wondering if it'd be beneficial to go back to maintenance for a couple weeks and just hit it hard and repeat. There was a time during this dieting stint I was eating like 2800 cals and I kept that up for several weeks losing very little weight (bit less then a lb a week) then I just went down to 2100 and bam weight was flying off at over 2lbs a week, this kept up for like 8 weeks before I stalled out again.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That's what I'm considering, but I'm wondering if it'd be beneficial to go back to maintenance for a couple weeks and just hit it hard and repeat. There was a time during this dieting stint I was eating like 2800 cals and I kept that up for several weeks losing very little weight (bit less then a lb a week) then I just went down to 2100 and bam weight was flying off at over 2lbs a week, this kept up for like 8 weeks before I stalled out again.
    Why go to maintenance at this time if you found a way to squeeze it down more with a method that works for you? FYI: I had to have several scheduled re-feeds to burn more fat during my last cut.

Thread Information