asddsa is offline New Member

What to do with this body

Hi guys, last year lost a lot of weight like an idiot (2.5 months = 25 kilograms) because I was depressed by how fat I was. (No knowledge of macros and stuff like that - endless cardio and skipping eating). I ended up slim (everyone said I was not even close to fat) but I knew something was wrong - those people don't see me with my clothes off and I knew something was off when I look at myself in the mirror because when I do, I see someone fat.

The case might be a skinny fat situation + some excess skin = either my mind is playing tricks on me or I look like a non-clothes flabby and clothes slim-like aka skinny fat.

But I think I know for sure is that I am depressed and something is wrong. That's why I need your help. Stats are: 65-66 kilograms at 174 cm height, BF probably high but I will be including a picture for you to determine.

I want to be muscular and I don't want to be ashamed taking of my shirt and I want to not see someone who is flabby or skinny fat when I am naked. I have educated myself with the stickies ( for which I thank the authors) and I have all the concepts of how to break down the calories to my macros, how to create a diet and how to calculate my maintenance. For what I have read - I just calculate the calories, 1gr of protein per pound of body weight, 0,45gr fats per p/bw and rest carbs. I will be eating only whole foods so micros won't be a problem.

The help I want from you is to tell me if the situation is really bad as it is in my mind or I need to talk to someone just for encouragement. I want you guys to tell me what would be optimal for me: to cut; to bulk; to lean bulk or what ?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10592590_819349848105434_1088560544_n.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	152681

swolehead is offline Member
    you are way to in your own head bro you look fine eat right hits the weighs aND watch you body transform at your stage you should be able to focus on bulking imo I would never cut with the amount of muscle you have but ultimately it's up to you

Ok I know all there is to know on how to make my diet but should I lean bulk ? I mean should I eat above maintenance and which beginners routine is good ?

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi there,

I can say I have been in your situation. Lots of cardio and just cut down like crazy without lifting. Lost weight like no tomorrow but also muscle which is what is happening to you. I gained i all back because I was clueless at the time so you are already a step ahead of me by educating yourself. You can forget about calling yourself fat, you are not. by any stretch. You are on the other hand not muscular either. You are just a normal guy who looks like most with, what I can see, nothing to be ashamed of.

Reading your post I feel what you will need most is patience when you embark on this journey. Go and get your body fat checked and try to use numbers as your measurement. I find that this helps in the beginning when once self confidence is a bit on the lower side and numbers helps to show that you are on the correct path.

Create a diet plan (You seem to be in a good place for lean bulk) and people here can help you to make sure you reach your goal. Just understand, this will take time but I have zero doubt that you can do it with hard work and dedication. We are also here to help you.

Good luck!

Diet will be taken care of. I really need someone to tell me if I should eat at maintenance and lift, have a 250 calorie surplus for lean bulking and lift and if not , then what ? And for a training routine, are those beginner programs with only compounds really necessary ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asddsa View Post
    Diet will be taken care of. I really need someone to tell me if I should eat at maintenance and lift, have a 250 calorie surplus for lean bulking and lift and if not , then what ? And for a training routine, are those beginner programs with only compounds really necessary ?
    250kcal surplus is perfect, Happen to be the number I always argue. Why not Google "Musclehack THT" and download his program. Its what I started with and worked great. Always in and out of the gym in under 1h.

it's not about following a regime you recommended, I am asking if I make my own routine with which I train my muscle groups 2x a week and have only isolations apart from bench press, shoulder press WILL I GET GOOD RESULTS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asddsa View Post
    it's not about following a regime you recommended, I am asking if I make my own routine with which I train my muscle groups 2x a week and have only isolations apart from bench press, shoulder press WILL I GET GOOD RESULTS
    I have no clue! If you want to talk about your routine why not post that one up for review in the Workout Section. However, why "design" you own routine when you seem less experienced unless I am mistaken!

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    I know exactly how you feel, I did the same thing but to a much more drastic degree.
    I WISH I looked as good as you when I lost the weight, or even added muscle.

I am having surgery to fix my problem. Luckily for you, you don't need that at all!

I agree with tarmyg, if you feel inexperienced don't try to make up your own routine.
    There are tons of them out there, they will all work if you are consistent.
    For me when I had no clue what I was doing I did the 12 week body transformation trainer by Kris Gethin.
    I had unbelievable results doing this and loved having a video to follow every day.

Stick around, there is a lot of incredible information and people here.
    Welcome

Thanks for that, it was encouraging but I got to bump to get some help from other people. Thank you

Someone ?

Blog Entries
    I told you what to do and the reason not more people answer is because you got good advice and now just need to act upon it.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're on the right track, just lean bulk (250 surplus is good), eat at what you think is maintenance for a few weeks though and try to maintain weight so you're not accidentally eating over/under what you think is maintenance.

As for a workout routine, how long have you been lifting? If you've only been lifting for a few months, I'd say drop the isolation shyte altogether and get into a full body routine, all (or atleast mostly) big compound movements, 3-4 days a week. Do lots of squatting, Deadlifting, benching, overhead pressing, rowing, pull-ups/pulldowns chin-ups, some more Deadlifts, some more squats, a bit more benching, then some more Deadlifts.

And don't forget to sleep.. Alot !

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh and btw, you look healthy. You are your own worst enemy.

Jmac603 is offline New Member
    I am the same way, I tend to overanalyze and over complicate things.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Tarmyg has given you advice. I would start there!!

Thread Information