Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 1 Post By skaz915

Thread: Iai t even possible to eat Healthy high protein, low cabs foods on $300,00 a mth. ?

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Iai t even possible to eat Healthy high protein, low cabs foods on $300,00 a mth. ?

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO EAT HIGH PROTEIN AND LOW CARB HEALTHY FOODS FOR 1 ON $300.00 A MTH. AND INTAKE 2500 CALORIES A DAY ?

I guess I need to add and not eat the SOS all the time ? I was actually starting to prep a varity of meals that tasted good and not like a knock off of the high carb similiar foods ? Like cookies and Protein Pancakes add raw honey and real butter for am meals with bacon & turkey sausage and change from oats and yougart ? Even cakes that were low cabs from on-line Metobolic Cook Book ? Turkey cutlets and Chicken breast seem to have most claen protein lb for oz ?

I have had family issues arise and budget has changed !

Concerned as to where I did not even think twice about penny pinching on food , to a $300.00 a mth budget and get in at least 2500 good calories a day ?

Is this impossible ?

A challange ?

Doable ?

This is not a joke and only $300.00 a mth to try to eat healthy and still get 2500 calories a day from 5 to 6 meals ?

Please I need help ! I have never been a bargain shopper ?

I am already cutting fuel cost and entertainment to the point that the gym and buying food are entertaiment and my fun time , lol !

I even have had to cut back on Supplements ! I also ride my bike every where I go that I can so maybe I can eat a few more CARBS ?

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 02-01-2015 at 07:43 AM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Thats easy, fish, chicken, tuna, pork chops, steak

Time to look more closely at prices but lots of cheap Protein sources out there.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It'd be easier to get most of your calories from carbs on a budget like that, protein is the biggest budget killer (you can get relatively cheap sources, eggs/meats listed above) but then just rice/pasta/potatoes/oats and your fats from eggs/peanut butter/the meats and you're good to go.

I get 3000 cal a day on about $60-80 a week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    It'd be easier to get most of your calories from carbs on a budget like that, protein is the biggest budget killer (you can get relatively cheap sources, eggs/meats listed above) but then just rice/pasta/potatoes/oats and your fats from eggs/peanut butter/the meats and you're good to go.

I get 3000 cal a day on about $60-80 a week.

I had stopped going to the Gym for 11 years and before 30 yrs old almost 2 x 's a day that was along time ago .

BUT : Oct. 2012 I started TRT and lost over 50lbs of fat or more and added lean muscle In 90 day and still had what looked like muscle ? I did that at 300grms of Protein anyway I could injest it . Then taget 0 simple carbs and 10% mid-level Carbs 20% Complex carbs, & 30% Fats ?

I have been flu type sick bad Cince before Christmas. lost 13lbs to date and actually due to no desire to eat at all I lost 13 more lbs and lost more fat but some muscle. I think I could still put on a little size and burning fat with exercise ?

The Protein for Carbs as a swap just does not add up to me . All calorie are not created equal and do not effect the body in the same way IMO ? I would never dream of trading 1000 + calories of Protien for one 1000 calories of Carbs ? Not even if they came in and IV as Carbs ! If you cut carbs enough you burn even more fat IMO ? Possible just pooffier on Carbs than Protein but Protien is a beter diet and calories are good useable and Carbs would seem to add weight on ?

But I have come so far eating that way and may need to cut my calories to get leiner I am vascular not lean ? Not fat in apperance ? 6ft 229lbl and a 33in waist so Iknow I have a ways to go ! But such a drastic changes from wonder how fat I am to hey I can burn even more fat and put on more size at 55

I remember asking Fit@Bbold if those Avatar pics were really his and he laughed and said yeah ! I ask was he a professional BB and and he told me how long he had been trainning stuff hard to believe ! But after a little over 2 years of almost starting at square one I see exercise and diet go hand in hand and I finally see that a 55yr old man that trains and eat close to clean, can Burn fat and put on decent size and some muscle definition in a short period !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 02-01-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah no need to cut out protein but you could lower it to say 250g or even 200g (this won't have a negative effect on muscle building) then get your fats through general diet and the rest cheap carbs, that's just my suggestion for a budget duet.

What matters is total caloric consumption, as long as you're getting enough protein and enough fats for basic needs then it doesn't matter where the rest of the calories come from.

Blog Entries
    lI think what I neeed to be able to factor in is portions per meal and eat cleaner with tighter calorie count on portions also ? I was just able to eat what I wanted most of the time ? I feel now I am going to be eating pretty dull. Mainly due to my lack of red meat ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-31-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Jaakoppi is offline Junior Member
    I'm cutting and eating mainly the same foods with 240€/month, which is about 270 dollars. All protein foods are quite expensive here in finland so it doesn't make much more to eat bulking meals than protein including meals.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Anything is possible but you are going to have to shop the deals. Protein will be the most expensive so just shop the deals
    almostgone likes this.

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    My wife and I eat very well on 350 a month. That is what the army gives I believe for BAS. So to answer your question. Yes very possible and pretty easy IMO.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
    My wife and I eat very well on 350 a month. That is what the army gives I believe for BAS. So to answer your question. Yes very possible and pretty easy IMO.
    How much do you weight and how tall are you and how often do you train ? I Am sure since your title is fitnesstrainer this question would receive a more detailed and educated answer ? WTF ? Or did you just like the way that name sounds and paid $500.00 to get a Certificate ?

1) I am not talking about filling my belly !
    2) I am talking about no less than 2500 calories a day !
    3) 250 grams of Protein preferablly would be with real food but I still have to get some from shakes ?
    4) Almond milk is over $5.00 a gal and I eat no canned food other than White tuna, had to go to no name butter and Low Fat Greek Yougart , Frozen Veggies, fresh veggies cost to much ? Can't IMO afford Healthy peanut butter , Switched to Jif To get protein and that has more fat ? Eat lots of eggs and about 3 or 4 yellows a day probably 6 doz eggs a mth ?
    5) No beer, No Sodas, Very little bread, Buy Brown rice 5lbs at a time same with my beans and raw honey is out ragous ? Stopped pre w/o drinks and eat an apple 30 mins. pre work out & post maybe a few let over carbs from the day or another small piece of fruit ? I drink well over a Gal of water a day with & without lemons ?

There is nothing simple about it ? I was hoping someone who ate clean would read and suggest how to maintain a weight of 230lbs to 250lbs and not add fat to my weight by useless carbs ?

6) I am 55 on TRT so never really bulk and cut ? Just eat as clean as I can all the time and that means prep 95% of all meals at home ? Never ending life style of fat reduction and add lean weight ? Til I die , lol

7) A treat is Sub Way and a Tuna , Turkey, Chicken breast on flat bread and Spinich Cucumbers , Black olives and provolone and that is $8.00 and make 3 meals out of that ?

#####Please share with me an example of how your wife and you eat clean and consume 4000 calories of high protein , Low Carb food in a day eating 5 x's a day and would really rather eat 6 x's a day ?

8) lol, I eat Marine food not Army JKN

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 01-31-2015 at 03:31 PM.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Whey, eggs, milk & chicken is as cheap as it gets

I think I live on 400 a month right now, give or take.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Whey, eggs, milk & chicken is as cheap as it gets

I think I live on 400 a month right now, give or take.
    Thanks a bunch ! I have to agree with you ? But that sure does get boring and I can eat that for less than $300.00 a month and besides men over 30 have no need for Cows milk ? Not really intented for men to drink ? I can do that and add beans and Brown rice with $$ to spare ? was hoping for a desirable suggestion is well rounded clean foods ?

Blog Entries
    That just about covers it to the max. Beans, brown rice, oats, chicken, eggs, milk, whey, lintels - boring, very very boring

Can mix it up a little. Like a salad or some shit - but, fvck man - sure wish I could afford red meat

It scarce around these parts - the only additions I have to that list to go off of are egg beaters & Greek Yogurts which I can get cheap at a expired food store by my house for like 20 cents each(they don't seem to go bad way past the expiration date).

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, almost forgot - buck wheat. . . But, it's def an aquired taste

skaz915 is offline Member
    Depends, are you buying bnls sknls chick breast at $2/lb or salmon at $8/lb?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post
    Depends, are you buying bnls sknls chick breast at $2lb or salmon at $8lb ?
    Thanks for that advise . I have found bulk buying saves $$$$ if you have storage ?

Go to a warehouse store and buy frozen Tyson Chicken in the boxes and the price drops way down and this is my 1st mth to try to do this and as I look I find ways to cut actually dollars every trip to the market or Grocery store and even the Dollar store , lol !

All ready looked at that and Salmon in not on the shopping list as a matter of fact Turkey cutlets have almost the same protein as Chicken breast and 1/2 the cost ! Oh and another thing that is very strange is there are so many Chicken houses in GA. and no chicken except maybe necks and Gizzards that are $2.00 a lb . With all the the red neck chicken farmers in GA. you would think poltery would be cheaper .

Next I guess is a way to get my supplements back in to the equation ? I need to get back on HCG & D-3, Magnesium, L-Argenine, Fish oil , & TB - 500.

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 02-03-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gawd I fvcking hate chicken

Seriously, I eat at least 10 pounds of that farm raised garbage a week along with 5 dozen eggs+.

I feel like a fvcking vampire living off rat blood. . . An expensive diet sounds damn near amazing right now.

Blog Entries
    Hey some 411 ! Started using a Ninja Bullet on everything & weighing meals and planning 4 days in advance ?

Eating smaller meals and when I say using the Ninja I even put green beans, potato buds, pork loin, butter, Garlic, yogart, brown rice, , shakes, frozen fruit, pre-w/o powder and a small apple, in it and liqufied it , taste great almost pre digested ! Never feel stuffed but ingesting less and never hungary ?

I am just a hard learn, I can read & read but when I actually react and enguage my effort I learn so much more and actually can share what I have learned , Saving $$$ even had enough saving to buy C-4 pre-workout powder

I am not doing what many the juice freaks do ? I hate the green stuff that looks like baby crap !

Even make an energy Protein booster to drink ? Coffee strong , add Raw Honey, 1/2 scoop protein chocolate or Vanillia, MSN !
    Taste like a Star Bucks $2.59 mocha shot you buy in the 7oz cans

But I am running every meal through the juicer and eat on the go takes less prep work and still get celery, lettus, Brown rice, kal, carrots, sweet potatos, beans, don't forget bacon, tuna, chicken, turkey, deer, elk, nuts ! If I eat it I try to liqufiy it and a little garlic, butter, spices, everything taste different and even mush protein pancakes and raw honey, eggs, just add a little warn almond milk ! Frozen fruit in the am and yogart, all the liquid never leaves me feeling bloated + when it hits my belly it is ready for the desposal process ! Actually see a difference in only 2 days ?

I am actually excited about this new way of ingesting food

My personal greatest discovery to date and so easy to use microwave, crock pot & a pressure cooker is amazing choice to use as opposed to a traditional oven, & use stove once in a blue moon I will steam veggies on it ! To good to be true ~!

SO EASY EVEN A JAR HEAD CAN DOIT

I wonder if I am missing any of the things my body need by liqufing everything ?

I hope someone who actually know reads this and will offer up thoughts ? I did read a whole juicer book and that is noting close to what I am doing nor do I have any interest in being a "HEALTY JUICER" Not a tree hugger ! I am just trying to eat healthy cheap and easy ? I kinds doubt this would be the way to ompress a female and invite her over for dinner that I cook but heck she can eat before she gets there !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 02-04-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Thread Information