Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cutting log

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Monday morning and I am on my third day of lower calories. Yeah, I am sure it will need to go even lower but I'll let the scale and pictures determine that. Feeling Ok but that is all the drugs making it appear that way. I have no illusions about what I would feel like if this stops working or I would discontinue them right now. Chest, Biceps and Cardio on the schedule today!

Blog Entries
    It is Wednesday and I am starting to feel very bad. Yesterday was about the same and all I want to do is sleep all the time. My wife told me too, pretty much, pull my shit together this morning and said she can not wait for this to be over and I could not agree more. Got abs and cardio on the schedule today.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    It is Wednesday and I am starting to feel very bad. Yesterday was about the same and all I want to do is sleep all the time. My wife told me too, pretty much, pull my shit together this morning and said she can not wait for this to be over and I could not agree more. Got abs and cardio on the schedule today.
    When wifey complains........

Blog Entries
    Thursday morning and yesterday were really not a good day. Could not physically make it to the gym. Today I am not feeling that much better but hoping that it will improve in a few hours when I have had some food in my stomach for a while. Got a late meeting starting at 7.30pm so I will need to get some sleep before that.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Damn T!

Hope you eat soon!

Blog Entries
    Clocked in at 165lb this morning which is great success. Taking a cheat day today!

Clocked in at 165lb this morning which is great success. Taking a cheat day today!
    Wow. That's huge. Each pound harder to loose when Bf% is low! Nice.

Blog Entries
    Sunday morning and here is a reflection. I met with two of the other guys (There are more but these two I know) who are doing the same thing as me. We ended up pulling our shirts off to compare progress (Yeah, we looked pretty gay in that coffee shop and had some eyes on us but **** it). These guys both got about 10lb more muscle than me and honestly, I looked like a clown next to these guys. I will still go through with this but in my mind is now next years shoot that is at about the same time. I'll start a new log after October 6 where I will be revers-dieting and doing some other stuff. There is no way I will do a normal bulk as I am, literally, afraid of getting fat again because this shit was not fun.

Sunday morning and here is a reflection. I met with two of the other guys (There are more but these two I know) who are doing the same thing as me. We ended up pulling our shirts off to compare progress (Yeah, we looked pretty gay in that coffee shop and had some eyes on us but **** it). These guys both got about 10lb more muscle than me and honestly, I looked like a clown next to these guys. I will still go through with this but in my mind is now next years shoot that is at about the same time. I'll start a new log after October 6 where I will be revers-dieting and doing some other stuff. There is no way I will do a normal bulk as I am, literally, afraid of getting fat again because this shit was not fun.
    Appreciate your post. My epiphany was a couple months back. Cardio is great for fat loss but I am not carrying as much fat as I once was. So the cardio bunny days had to end.

I cycle class but lifting is where I need to be to achieve my goals....So I guess you'll be joining Marcus Dairy dungeon hit thread!!!! . I have learned a lot from that thread and those members. I am never going to train like those beasts. But the concept still applies.

Celebrate the awakening!!!! The best is yet to come. With your knowledge of nutrition....unstoppable!

Blog Entries
    Monday evening and I went all out today. Chest and Bicep HIT first and then 90 minutes on the elliptical with an average HR of 165. Damn that felt good! Incredibly motivated today and as I am in it for the long haul I am planning how to gain 10 lb of lean mass over the next 12 months. I will add 12 months of HGH, some Test-E here and there and Tren on top of that. Still in the planning stages but that is the gist of it thus far. Can not wait to start the revers-diet log as I really want to know what my maintenance is. 21 days to go!

Blog Entries
    Tuesday afternoon and I have been water fasting since Sunday evening. Figured it could be a good way of pushing forward. Will have dinner tonight as my first meal since starting the short fast. Did Back and 40 minutes of elliptical in the gym today and felt a bit worn out but still had enough energy to push through.

Tuesday afternoon and I have been water fasting since Sunday evening. Figured it could be a good way of pushing forward. Will have dinner tonight as my first meal since starting the short fast. Did Back and 40 minutes of elliptical in the gym today and felt a bit worn out but still had enough energy to push through.
    Fasting will help for sure!

Blog Entries
    It's Wednesday morning and I decided to start weighing in every day as my weight is fluctuating quite a bit. This close I think it will be easier to track things. Still got that fat at the bottom of my stomach and lower back. Wish I had a magic wand to get rid of that but hey, then everyone would do it right? I doubt I can get rid of that in 20 days but I it will not be because the lack of trying! Today I got Abs and Cardio on the schedule. I am also lowering my calories to 1750kcal/day starting today.

It's Wednesday morning and I decided to start weighing in every day as my weight is fluctuating quite a bit. This close I think it will be easier to track things. Still got that fat at the bottom of my stomach and lower back. Wish I had a magic wand to get rid of that but hey, then everyone would do it right? I doubt I can get rid of that in 20 days but I it will not be because the lack of trying! Today I got Abs and Cardio on the schedule. I am also lowering my calories to 1750kcal/day starting today.
    Try intermittent fasting, change it up some

Blog Entries
    Thursday late morning and I just got back from the gym. 40 minutes on the elliptical plus Shoulders and Triceps. Feeling pretty decent today but legs are a bit weak. Overall things are going really well, but time is not on my side. Funny, when you diet down like this you (Read me) realize how little muscle one actually have :-) Got to add about 10 lb of lean mass over the next year. Feel like I got the how-to-eat straightened out so I am well prepared. Getting constant comments in the gym now about how lean I look. One should realize that the standard is pretty low in the gym I go to also.

Blog Entries
    Friday early evening and I still have not had a chance to workout today. Still going to try and fit it in but not sure I'll be able to. Got official weigh-in tomorrow but I weigh-in every day so I am hoping the trend from this week continues. We shall see! Pretty tired and my wife is getting more and more pissed off at my crappy mood and I really can not blame her. Got 17 days to go, hope she has not left me by then ;-)

Friday early evening and I still have not had a chance to workout today. Still going to try and fit it in but not sure I'll be able to. Got official weigh-in tomorrow but I weigh-in every day so I am hoping the trend from this week continues. We shall see! Pretty tired and my wife is getting more and more pissed off at my crappy mood and I really can not blame her. Got 17 days to go, hope she has not left me by then ;-)
    Can u fain happier mood for next 3 weeks?!??

Blog Entries
    Keeping a log is about honesty, right? So, this past Thursday I had a cheat day and was making that up on Friday, or so I thought by fasting but around 9pm on Friday night I broke the fast and did not only eat but had another cheat. This continued into Saturday and I finally put a stop to this behavior on Sunday by successfully fasting and today, Monday I am having a protein only day. I got 14 days to go and I could not really afford what happened, but it is what it is. Consistency is the only factor I have found that makes a difference thus far and since I broke consistency this close to the end I truly have ****ed up. I am not shedding any tears as I am really looking forward to starting my reverse dieting log in a few weeks. In terms of my weight I am down to 164lb meaning I should have about 4lb left of fat and it is all left on the lower stomach and lower back. Some microscopic fat deposits right under my pecs but nothing that I really care about. Was up at 5am for boot camp training and got chest and some more cardio to finish off the workout of the day.

T keeping it real! Prob improved your mood. LoL

Srsly. Doing great! Impressive commitment!!!

akietta is offline New Member
    how was your experience with t4, also was t4 working for you.
    t4 is like 1/4th of t3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akietta View Post
    how was your experience with t4, also was t4 working for you.
    t4 is like 1/4th of t3
    T4 do not seem to have made a lick of a difference for me. I am sure it is supposed to work but for me, I could have done without it.

Blog Entries
    Wednesday morning and I have a feeling progress have come to a halt. I do not see much of a change in the midsection and lower back and I doubt it will look much different in 12 days. It is a moment of truth when you understand that 1) I do not have enough muscle 2) I need to lose this last fat. I have put together a 1-year plan that I will implement once this is done so I am hoping to be more competitive next year as I now understand how food truly affects my body.

Blog Entries
    Thursday morning and as I write this there are 11 DAYS left of this cut. Really looking forward to ending this and starting the new journey to gain some more LBM. Not really anywhere to go but up in my case :-) I should be able to pack on about 10 lb of lean mass in the next year. Take this comment for what it is but at the gym I go the amount of people staring at me when I workout have increased, dramatically. Veins popping out hardcore when I lift and I am starting to look pretty ripped on the upper body section. Shoulders are something I am relly happy with and I see veins on my calfs even. My wife went to SoCal yesterday so I am taking this opportunity to lower calories even more as I know it will make me crazy cranky. I'll have to raise them back up when she is back, or depending on how I feel.

Blog Entries
    Friday afternoon and I got 10 days left and this is my third day on crazy low calories. What I am doing is Intermitted Fasting until 6 pm and then I eat my allocated food, all 1250kcal of them. That's right, 1250kcal is my total for each day for the next 10 days. If I was feeling lethargic before that is nothing compared to now :-) Got 3 days left on the Stanozol and boy is it going to be nice not having to eat 25 pills of that shit every day anymore. Makes me so damn sick to my stomach.

Friday afternoon and I got 10 days left and this is my third day on crazy low calories. What I am doing is Intermitted Fasting until 6 pm and then I eat my allocated food, all 1250kcal of them. That's right, 1250kcal is my total for each day for the next 10 days. If I was feeling lethargic before that is nothing compared to now :-) Got 3 days left on the Stanozol and boy is it going to be nice not having to eat 25 pills of that shit every day anymore. Makes me so damn sick to my stomach.
    It gives you a greater appreciation for the less fortunate who are starving....to death.

Hang in there! Focus on the goal.

I admire your "stick to it ness". A weaker mind would have given up....2 months ago.

Only 2 more days of no sick stomach.
    Only 2 more weekends after that.
    You can see the finish line....
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Saturday morning and I clocked in at 163.1 lb, so I dropped another 0.9 lb this week. Good progress I think considering 9 days out. I feel like I am living in a fog if that makes sense, hard to focus on anything and it's like I can not really hear what people are saying. I think this low-calorie time might just get me where I need to be, but I am still far behind the other guys.

Saturday morning and I clocked in at 163.1 lb, so I dropped another 0.9 lb this week. Good progress I think considering 9 days out. I feel like I am living in a fog if that makes sense, hard to focus on anything and it's like I can not really hear what people are saying. I think this low-calorie time might just get me where I need to be, but I am still far behind the other guys.
    Carbs man, carbs!

The brain needs glucose

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post

Carbs man, carbs!

The brain needs glucose
    Screw 'em carbs ;-)

Blog Entries
    Sunday evening and I am sitting here looking at veins on my calves. That's right, I see those ****ers popping out. This must mean my midsection is chiseled right? No way, still got that stubborn fat lingering around. **** me is it hard to get rid of that shit! Ahhhhhh.......

Sunday evening and I am sitting here looking at veins on my calves. That's right, I see those ****ers popping out. This must mean my midsection is chiseled right? No way, still got that stubborn fat lingering around. **** me is it hard to get rid of that shit! Ahhhhhh.......
    I am considering fat transfer.....to the places fat looks better on females IMHO. LoL.

I am down to the lowest weight I have been in 4EVA. Less then high school but I still have that tummy roll. :/

It's disappearing now that I am lifting, even as infrequently as I can (work is sucking the life out of me now ). I love my cardio but lifting is helping me cut more...well that and mikes XXL ECY stack.

Each new vein is a motivator for me. No wonder Kelkel doesn't stop lifting. LoL.

Hang I there. It's a few more days. Less then 2 fists full. Srsly tho, I am interested in what is on your horizon. .

It's a journey not a destination.
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    It's a journey not a destination.
    Love that and it is so true. I am about to make a fool out of myself on October 6 but next year I am hoping no one will laugh with 10 lbm more.

Love that and it is so true. I am about to make a fool out of myself on October 6 but next year I am hoping no one will laugh with 10 lbm more.
    I weigh the same now as I did 6 months after joining this site and cutting 40 lbs....fast forward 5 years....my package is different...less tummy roll but more definition.

An extra 10 LBM makes a huge difference!!!

Blog Entries
    6 days left. I am tired guys, so damn tired. The realization that I will be far from ready for this when October 6 hits almost had me giving up but **** IT!!! It's a marathon and not a sprint and just because I will look like a complete idiot this time around does not mean I will not look awesome next round. Got 365 glorious days of good eating and I should gain weight slow enough to minimize the fat gains. I do understand that my fear of fat will hold back gains but if my wife have to go through this one more time I will not be married anymore. Well, I'll shot for one more update with a picture and then a summary and after that I'll close out this log and start my new one.

Blog Entries
    Good morning, well it is morning here anyways. This is the last log entry in this cutting log. Here are my final reflections and a conclusion of what have transpired.

Approach: I understand that there is different approaches to cutting, low-carb, low-fat, IF, and on and on it goes. There is one singular thing that ties all these together and regardless of what you have chosen is the ONLY way it will ever work; CONSISTENCY. I do not care what your approach is but if it is something you can live with and be consistent about you will see success. Forget the minor details, this is all that matters.

Food: My chosen method was Keto diet and while I know a lot of people say you do not have to feel lethargic while cutting I can unequivocally say that when I am in Keto (Which is most of the time) I feel perfectly fine and energetic but when you are on a ~1,500kcal deficit I do not care what your method is you will not feel good, ever! As I am transitioning into my new log, I will most likely stay in Keto. Is it the most efficient way to build muscle? I doubt it, but it makes me feel like a million dollars compared to eating simple carbs which makes me bloated and feel like absolute crap.

Supplements: I used Test-E 500mg/wk and during the last 6 weeks I added 50mg of Stanozol/ed. While this did its job of holding onto muscle, I noticed pretty much zero effect of it. This has taught me the importance of a correct diet with a surplus while building muscle. There is just nothing AAS will do for you unless your diet is in check. While I knew all this, in theory, there is a difference experiencing it myself.

Overall: I was extremely motivated during this cut as I have a photoshoot tomorrow, October 6. While there is no way in hell I will end up being chosen I did the best I could with the time I had with some small hiccups here and there. I do not know how many times I was close on giving up but surprised myself by pulling through. I have tried to be as honest in this log as humanly possible and while I know, and I have written this many times, it may come across as whining it was simply a way to let out steam and stay on target, which I did. The comments from many of people here have helped tremendously and the use of a PT to help me get things setup for a month was incredibly helpful. I will never give myself this small amount of time to cut from, what was obviously a lot of fat, as it put an enormous stress on the family. My wife and daughter did not appreciate having a cranky guy around all the time who could not, at the end, even think straight or really carry out normal conversations. It was a bizarre experience!

STARTING STATS - 3/18/2015
    Weight..........: 189.2
    Body fat........: 20.6

ENDING STATS - 10/5/2015
    Weight..........: 163.0
    Body fat........: >10%

Thanks for following along.
    ~t

//END LOG

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great results and good luck in the photo shoot!
    tarmyg likes this.

Way to stick to your commitment and goals! Envious!

I agree with the statement wholeheartedly: CONSISTENCY IS THE MAGIC PILL!!!

Good luck at the shoot!
    tarmyg likes this.

Awesome results! Thanks for sharing. I cut at a medium deficit but can't imagine 1500.

< 10%. Impressive!

Not quitting. Priceless.
    tarmyg likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread Information