dirkmcgirk is offline Junior Member

bservation and question about true bodyfat percentages

When i was playing football in high school and college I always was fascinated by how some folks had such low bodyfat. I have never been fat and i have never been skinny, but i remember having teammates that had what i thought at the time to be 2,4,6 and 8 percent bodyfat LOL boy was i wrong. Looking back on it even the most ripped dudes at the time were no lower than about 10% bf. This leads me to my next question, what is the lowest presumably natural bodyfat percentage you have ever known a guy to have??

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In real life i've probably never seen someone far below a true 15%. Most peoples 12% is more like a true 15% which is in actual fact an real 18% lol.

I was watching a documentary and the bloke was taking a bodpod test, looked what a lot of people would call 10% and was 18%. People don't realise how truly shredded 10% really is.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This also very genetic. You will find people on this very forum with <10% body fat that still have fat in the lower back that will simply not go away or still have love handles, small but still there.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    This also very genetic. You will find people on this very forum with <10% body fat that still have fat in the lower back that will simply not go away or still have love handles, small but still there.
    ^^ genetics too! Yeah some people(myself included hold bf over certain parts moreso than others) so they can be 12% overall but still have some more bf in some areas...

Since I've gotten 4 ventral hernia repairs they cut right through my ab wall(directly in the middle where your abs are brought together) I have zero muscle in that spot but will still get the bricks on each side...

Sux but those are the cards I was delt... No reason to get pissed about it... Lol

Thread Information