Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: can you have too much protein when cutting?

leanmachine6 is offline Associate Member

can you have too much protein when cutting?

so im on a high protein & low fat/carb diet, i need to keep my cals up so i dont loose muscle tissue so if im eating alot of protein to maintain my calories will that be fine yes ?

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes but if you're eating a ridiculous amount you may stress your organs and have issues when it comes to defacating (pooping)!

leanmachine6 is offline Associate Member
    to be honest im probally eating about 250-300g a day from food and might have 2 scoops a day of whey iso so an added 50g so no more than 350g as tbh i doubt i could physically eat more than that anyway!

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You're probably fine but if you start to experience discomfort I'd suspect that first.

Blog Entries
    Once you get in your protein macros whatever you have left over as far as calories you can consume its your choice how you want to fill them. You can consume them as proteins, carbs or fats. Carbs and fats are not your enemies so there is no reason to totally exclude them, not that its even possible anyways. Eventually however you will need to carb up reguardless. Personally I would fill the extra calories with good high fiber carbs (fruits/vegetables) and fats (avocados/omegas/nuts).

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Leanmachine6,
    What are your stats and your estimated body fat percentage?
    Most scholarly information suggests that 1.5g of protein per pound lean body weight is needed to effectively maintain lean mass and continue effective protein synthesis before and after workouts.
    Do not hesitate to use beneficial carb sources such as potatoes and colorful vegetables, to keep energy high during workouts and keep your brain and colon happy and your mood elevated. Using carbs strategically around workouts can help keep performance high as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Leanmachine6,
    What are your stats and your estimated body fat percentage?
    Most scholarly information suggests that 1.5g of protein per pound lean body weight is needed to effectively maintain lean mass and continue effective protein synthesis before and after workouts.
    Do not hesitate to use beneficial carb sources such as potatoes and colorful vegetables, to keep energy high during workouts and keep your brain and colon happy and your mood elevated. Using carbs strategically around workouts can help keep performance high as well.
    Thank you for reminding me...I still haven't picked a fight yet today...I see an old lady outside, it's GO TIME!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    " They" say body weight equal to protein intake in grams and maybe 10 to 15 percent over. The rest is turned into fat.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich View Post
    " They" say body weight equal to protein intake in grams and maybe 10 to 15 percent over. The rest is turned into fat.
    It will be extremely difficult for protein to be converted into fat, if you eat too much protein your body will be working hard to get rid of the excess nitrogen, which is a byproduct of the amino acids transformation.
    So its not very healthy to eat an excessive amount of protein.
    Khazima likes this.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I didnt wanna get too into it but yes, youre right. Too much is not good.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yes, just remember any unused calorie you take in Can get stored as fat. It's a few more enzymatic processes but can still be stored in excess.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

ab037 is offline Associate Member
    Fat intake minimum is 20-35% of daily calories for health per the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
    It takes a lot for protein to be converted to fat so

max738 is offline Junior Member
    eating more protein than your body can use,the body will strip the nitrogen from the protein process it out of the body and turn the rest into fat it's that simple so you really need to figure out about how much protein your body needs to function there's a lot of good info on here to help you dial your protein intake in good luck

Thread Information