Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere

Thread: building muscle on a caloric deficit ??

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member

building muscle on a caloric deficit ??

possible while on cycle, yes, but this guy seems to be anti-steroids and from what i can tell, he is saying that you can build muscle while on a caloric deficit and not using steroids.... anyone tried this while not on cycle? thoughts?

curious as i'm currently training HIT, but was going to start cutting in 4-5 weeks or so once i switch things up to strength training, or maybe just start cutting now while still training HIT...

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    ok so your looking to build a house but your not going to buy any bricks? how does that work then? what are you building with exactly ? ok a little harsh so,.

whilst the theory on nitrogen balance is a sound one to build muscle without increasing to a calorie surplus is possible, is not (and here's the key word) "optimal"

So here we are eating steak, protein powder, taking bcaas pre workout, steroids , growth to get the "optimal" or most we can from our hard earned time in the gym that we will never get back,

or... we could do the way he's suggesting and keep calories to maintenance level hold onto our abs year round and yes some muscle growth is possible, but so is training naturally, its just not "Optimal" if you want to build lots of muscle in a time scale that isn't biblical.

it depends on your goal I guess, if as he's selling you you want to stay beach body lean year round then yes avoid the additional bulking phase and slowly slowly grow on lean gains, nothing wrong with that. if that's your goal.
    Last edited by matt thebeard; 02-17-2018 at 12:38 AM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Recomping is the best way to do it.. essentially you lower your calories but your going to be using body fat, which are just stored calories, to help fuel muscle growth . this can be done though its difficult. it easier for beginner lifters or guys that are carrying quite a bit of body fat (i.e., extra calories). of course AAS use greatly enhances this ability.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is it possible? Sure, assuming two things: adequate fat stores and low or no training experience. Or drugs, but as you said, he’s a member of the “nattybro” train.

It’s a phenomenon usually only seen in overweight newbies, just hitting the gym for the first time, and it only lasts a few months.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Thread Information