manveer1 is offline Associate Member

Has anyone tried reverse dieting? Or what else do you do after cutting?

So I have lost 1.5 stone (around 20lbs) in 3 months, and now I keep reading that I should do Reverse dieting. My calories TDEE is around 2,500 now. Not on cycle.

Has anyone here tried reverse dieting? If not what do you normally do after a good spell of cutting?

manveer1 is offline Associate Member
    Bump

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My cuts are rapid and harsh.
    Essentially though, what I do to come back is a two day CHO refeed to restore glycogen stores and water balance, then ride my old maintenance minus 500-750/day for a week and adjust from there depending upon weight reaction until stability is reached. Once things are stabilized, I hold that intake to maintain weight within +/-2 lbs. on the moving average for anywhere from 2 months to a year, depending upon training intention, planned cycles, etc.
    It’s simple, it’s long, it’s not some overcomplicated super sexy stupid bullshit, but it works fine for me.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    it really depends on what you next goal is , if your going to cut again, bulk, or just maintain..
    reverse dieting works better for women imo. for men, you best off getting to maintenance as quickly as possible. keep in mind your maintenance calories are NOT the maintenance calories they were when starting your diet, you have a new maintenance calories being you've lost weight and have a different metabolic rate since dieting.
    the longer you stay in a deficit, especially while off gear, the more muscle your going to risk losing.

with women, being they have much higher levels of estrogen, they can reverse diet and stay in a deficit longer and not risk losing muscle

Thread Information