Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By 1beardedalpha
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe

Thread: Can diet alone lead to weight loss

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member

Can diet alone lead to weight loss

Started 228 , now 215 . I have a pretty clean diet with the worst thing being taco bell to ease Constipation about 2x a month. I normally get 3 soft shell tacos , 1 bean burrito and the cheese potato bites..
    I average around 1600 calories a day since I'm eating clean. 180g carbs 120 protein and 40 fat.
    Every day foods
    2 banana
    2oz raisins
    Chicken (110g 3x a day )
    Protein shake
    Raisin bran ( fiber )
    6-10 16.9oz water

Concerns
    I feel like I need to increase my fiber
    I feel like I need more protein

Question
    Can diet alone out work a sedentary life style ?
    In a few weeks when I plateau, do I cut carbs more? (120-180 carbs , 120-150p, 40-70 fats )

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    On 1600 calories a day, just some cardio should keep the weight coming off. Try some form of cardio, even if it's just walking on an even surface @ a decent pace. Google LISS and later on, after you're acclimated, look into HIIT.

No comments on the diet for now.
    1beardedalpha and JaneDoe like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Ol_Wolf is offline Junior Member
    Can diet alone cut weight? yes, but at some point you may have to get extreme if you really have no physical activity.

On a side note though some type of physical activity would not only be beneficial for weight loss, but also be beneficial for your overall health.

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol_Wolf View Post
    Can diet alone cut weight? yes, but at some point you may have to get extreme if you really have no physical activity.

On a side note though some type of physical activity would not only be beneficial for weight loss, but also be beneficial for your overall health.
    I plan on getting more active after mid July. I Have umbilical hernia repair coming up Friday. .I'm just trying to get my diet on track so when I can become more active that part is already good. I'm looking forward to being able to lift a case of water

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, following your macro calories of 1560 kcal per day, I would go with 100g of carbs per day, plus 200g of protein per day, and 40g of fat per day.

100x 4=400kcal 25.64%
    200x4=800kcal 51.28%
    40x9=360 kcal 23.07%

The additional protein would help you preserve your LBM during weight loss, which is great, cutting carbs would help you lose body fat faster.

Remember that when cutting you prioritize the amount of protein you eat and reduce carbohydrates. Here we make a protein boost, you can include some more eggs in your breakfast, turkey, etc.

The fat around 20% would be in agreement, you can see that it is within the parameter of those 40g per day, they include avocado, some walnuts and chestnuts,
    moderate on oatmeal and focus on getting good fats from avocado as well.

Your bananas you don't need to count inside your macros, use them for training time (they will be burned in training)

If you want, you can even consume mace as an additional fuel source for training. Just my opinion, as you progress through your weight loss plan start cycling carbs so you don't let your body stop losing weight due to delayed BMR.

If you think you need more fiber, consume more fibrous carbs than starchy ones
    Last edited by JaneDoe; 07-21-2022 at 08:44 PM.
    Iranon likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Diet is the only thing that can lead to weight loss. Working out helps but is overrated in that regard tbh, you can loose any amount of weight with diet alone. End of the day its calories in calories out. If you eat less calories than you burn, you will loose weight. If life is sedentary you dont spend much, then need to eat less. But being active probably doesnt hurt either.
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 01-29-2023 at 05:10 PM.

Thread Information