• 4 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Breakfast in the form of shake?

s1nc1ty is offline Member

Breakfast in the form of shake?

So this is nothing new under the sun but im thinking on trying breakfast as a shake. Gonna need to get one of those nutribullets or something i dont have a blender right now. BUt its easy to get. And shake is easy to prep, easy to consume, all in one solution to breakfest , maybe.

Im thinking on the following ingridients atm :

Milk as much as needed, probably 300 ml or something like that : 9g protein,10g fat, 15g carbs, 180 calories
    2 raw eggs with shells - 144 calories 12 grams protein 10 grams fat + lots of vitamins and minerals
    Protein powder 3 scoops - 30g protein
    1 banana for taste , 28 g carbs , 110 calories

I have also seen some people add oats into theyr shake but im not sure about that. If you take the ingriedients ive listed, comes in as a solid 50+ grams of protein 43 grams of carbs 20 grams of fat.

solid breakfast? any ideas or any expiriences to share ?

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member
    U aren't supposed to drink raw eggs
    Why not just buy a rtd shake ? I buy EQUATE HIGH PERFORMANCE PROTEIN SHAKE.
    I'm also not a fan of banana drinks , but to each their own ..I'd rather have a shake with a banana or some raisin bran. Food prepping isn't hard .
    Just buy an air fryer and a 3 pound turkey breast and buy those tiny bags and a food scale . Pick off 4 or 6 Oz of turkey 2 bags in one Tupper ware . U can put a bag of 40g of bran flakes or whatever cereal in there too and carry a banana . Do another bag with Graham crackers and Pb
    Also you should pick up a food thermometer

It's easy . It's not hard . It's organization .

Also u can meal prep with pork chops . Fry em up one or two to a bag . I buy the 10 packs So that's either 5 chops a day or 10.

Hope this helps u out . I think I cooked my turkey breast for 68 minutes at 380 in my air fryer

Those chicken breast have about a pound of meat on each . Its two breast . I have one breast a day .My last package was 3.49 pounds . Those are the chops I buy it's a 10 pack normally like 2.4 pounds

Carb ideas
    Boxes of raisins
    Boil in a bag brown rice
    Bananas

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Actually, it's quite safe to consume raw egg products (pasteurized whites) provided they come from a commercial vendor per USDA regs. If you want to use raw whole eggs, look for shell eggs that are pasteurized

https://ask.usda.gov/s/article/Are-a...roy%20bacteria.

If you buy fresh eggs from a local farmer, then you may want to attempt to perform the pasteurization process yourself, but it's not easy to maintain/ regulate the temperature.
    Last edited by almostgone; 07-11-2022 at 05:16 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Actually, it's quite safe to consume raw egg products (pasteurized whites) provided they come from a commercial vendor per USDA regs. If you want to use raw whole eggs, look for shell eggs that are pasteurized

If you buy fresh eggs from a local farmer, then you may want to attempt to perform the pasteurization process yourself, but it's not easy to maintain/ regulate the temperature.
    good advice. safety first i guess, fuck the the egg yokes then im mainly after the protein. they sell pastorised egg whites in my shop its super cheap also. 0.5 L is like 1 eur something only. and 10 g of protein per 100g. I can just put 100g of the egg white liquid instead of eggs. 10g of extra animal protein check and even less hassle then messing around with the real eggs
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 07-12-2022 at 11:26 AM.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    2 cups of skim milk, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 scoop of whey protein isolate, 2 medium-sized bananas, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey. This shake provides 1000kcal
    s1nc1ty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    2 cups of skim milk, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 scoop of whey protein isolate, 2 medium-sized bananas, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of honey. This shake provides 1000kcal
    what about the oatmeals... are they digestable without boiling / heating etc? Im using full grain oats atm, do i have to use the quick-oats for the shake or are the regulars good also?
    JaneDoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    what about the oatmeals... are they digestable without boiling / heating etc? Im using full grain oats atm, do i have to use the quick-oats for the shake or are the regulars good also?
    Regular slow cook oats will do just fine. Some people opt for steel cut oats, but either will do.
    s1nc1ty and JaneDoe like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    I have a blended shake with real food every morning when i wake up
    JaneDoe likes this.

Blog Entries
    yes oatmeal is digestible go ahead

Shake>>

Any oatmeal, blend everything in a blender

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    I have a blended shake with real food every morning when i wake up
    I've seen guys doing this, mixing tilapia and rice with water in the blender so they can eat more food when it's not coming down.

Cornish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

For me, a protein shake with raw egg whites tastes better than with milk or water.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    For me, a protein shake with raw egg whites tastes better than with milk or water.

It does make it taste a little richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post

It does make it taste a little richer.

Yeah... i have done some experimenting now and i must say adding 100 ml of egg white liquid to my shake doesnt change its taste or consintency at all as much as i can tell. And it adds extra 10g of animal protein that is not made from dairy like the milk and the whey protein powder that are in the shake. Pretty nice i will be using this from now on.

Concering oatmeal... i tried adding 50g of oatmeal in the shake also. I dont have a blender atm but i shaked it up and drank it but in the end in the bottom of the shaker there was this huge pile of oatmeal that i had to eat with a spoon. Wasnt too bad but yeah, not ideal imo. So now i put 30g of oatmeal in the morning shake, thats jsut enough that if i whirl the shaker before the last zip then all the oatmeal goes down with the last zip if you get what i mean. No spoon needed. 30 g is not much but it still it has some nutritional value in form of carbs and fiber .I drink the shake like that atm ( 0,5 l milk, 0,1 l egg whites, protein powder and 30g of oatmeal = 50+ g protein, about 15 g carbs and 15g fat) and have 1-2 black bread with fish-ham-tomato whatever i want on the side as breakfast atm)

when i get the blender i might add more stuff to the shake like the bananas, peanut butter etc ... the shake def. needs a little more carbs i think
    Last edited by s1nc1ty; 07-25-2022 at 02:50 PM.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    So this is nothing new under the sun but im thinking on trying breakfast as a shake. Gonna need to get one of those nutribullets or something i dont have a blender right now. BUt its easy to get. And shake is easy to prep, easy to consume, all in one solution to breakfest , maybe.

Im thinking on the following ingridients atm :

Milk as much as needed, probably 300 ml or something like that : 9g protein,10g fat, 15g carbs, 180 calories
    2 raw eggs with shells - 144 calories 12 grams protein 10 grams fat + lots of vitamins and minerals
    Protein powder 3 scoops - 30g protein
    1 banana for taste , 28 g carbs , 110 calories

I have also seen some people add oats into theyr shake but im not sure about that. If you take the ingriedients ive listed, comes in as a solid 50+ grams of protein 43 grams of carbs 20 grams of fat.

solid breakfast? any ideas or any expiriences to share ?

First thing I do when I wake up is have a shake from 10oz of oat milk, carnation instant breakfast, protein coop and carbo gain scoop. It's like 600-700 cals, a ton of carbs (I need as an ectomorph) and like 25g protein.

I'm not a big breakfast food guy, so I usually start first thing with that shake and 2 hours early I'm eating something that would look more like lunch.

0,5 L milk, one dose of protein powder and 100g of oatmeal mixed up in a blender was my go to breakfast for a while when i was trying to bulk. Blender grinds the oats to powder so its easy to drink. Ive since switched it up with other stuff and not trying to bulk anymore, but if i were to go back to it i think 30- 50g oats is just fine. If you want banana, eat it on the side cause it makes the drink thicker. Easier and faster to get the coctail down if its less thick, imo

Thread Information