Camaron is offline Junior Member

Can 15 grams of added sugar a day ruin your entire cutting diet?

Likely a stupid question. Please forgive me.

I'm having this energy drink that is 80 calories a can with 15 of added sugar a day. It fits in my diet after calculating the calories total. It's the only thing containing added processed sugar that I consume daily. I was just wondering if it adds up at the end of the week or something. Would you say is "cheating

Here it is:

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaron View Post
    Here it is:

Looking at the ingredient list, that's basically a soda. So, would one small can (7.5 oz) of Coke daily wreck your diet? MAYBE not, but it probably isn't the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Looking at the ingredient list, that's basically a soda. So, would one small can (7.5 oz) of Coke daily wreck your diet? MAYBE not, but it probably isn't the best choice.
    I'm trying to cut energy drinks from my diet. I'm addicted to C4 (0 calories, vitamin B, carnosyn but 200mg of caffeine) to the point that I feel depressed if I skip it one day. I'm also budging out and C4 is 4 dollars here.

With 96 grams of caffeine and less sugar.

Yes or no?

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaron View Post
    Yes or no?
    Yes or no what? Do you understand nutrition and diet? If you are looking for a black and white answer, you're not going to find it. Is it a good choice? No, that is obvious. Will one a day wreck your cut? Hard to say. How diligent are you with the rest of your diet? What about your training? Are you cutting corners there, too?

Pkinessa is offline New Member
    15 grams of added sugar a day won’t ruin your cutting diet if it fits within your calorie limits. It’s not “cheating” as long as it’s balanced with nutritious foods. Just monitor overall intake and stay consistent.

Thread Information