clubbinkid is offline Associate Member

R-ala and biotin (dosages)

On the unofficail cut thread he has these 2 posted but i am not seeing dosages what should my doses be.................

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bro, that's a rather open ended question.

How do we know your dosages when we know nothing about what you're doing?

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-18-2004 at 11:49 AM.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i believe it's one 100mg of r-ala (1 pill for most brands) per 30-50 grams of carbs and i dose the biotin with one pill per eaCH pill of r-ala

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    i believe it's one 100mg of r-ala (1 pill for most brands) per 30-50 grams of carbs and i dose the biotin with one pill per eaCH pill of r-ala
    That's right. THe most popular brand (Glucorell R) is pre packaged with Biotin. It's one pill for 30-40 grams of carbs.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    thanx guys Rambo ur really given me some good info the last couple says to help me ..............thanx bro

reccomend 500-1000mcg of biotin per 100mg of r-ala

as a note regarding glucorellr

Originally posted by ulter
    The price of the 240 count bottle is $39 with the afdiscount coupon.
    PRICE DROP on the 120 count from $24 to $22 per bottle with the afdiscount coupon.

PUT IN THE DISCOUNT CODE AND THEN CLICK "GO" THEN SELECT THE SIZE YOU WANT AND ADD TO CART.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Crap...I had always done like 400 mg with PWO shake, and 200 with PPWO...Whoops....I guess Ill do like 200 and 100 now....B/c I eat like 50-60 and 30-40 for the respective meals....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67

those are general dosing reccomendations, some people respond better to low or higher ratios. its something to keep in mind-- there is room to play, so try different doses to see how they affect YOU.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    those are general dosing reccomendations, some people respond better to low or higher ratios. its something to keep in mind-- there is room to play, so try different doses to see how they affect YOU.
    by the way T-rex rocks!!

fritz2435 is offline Member
    What's the difference between R-ALA and regular alpha lipoic acid?

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Nahh...
    Plain old ALA contains both R-ALA and S-ALA enantiomers, the same compound but a different conformations (chemical shapes based on the way they rotate in certain wavelengths of light: See "Organic Chemistry" for a more in depth version). The R version has been studied more extensively, as for it's ability to shuttle glucose more effectively than its S counterpart. Therefore, if you are taking just ALA you will need to double up your dosage requirements to reap all the benefits form the R substituent.

tats is correct.

In regular the s-ala the synthetic version is mixed with the R-ala. However, for bodybuilding purposes which I think this board is about for...one should read Fonzs article. In addition to the excitement of reading the Chemistry book to help waste your free time, this article entails a more useful protocal for exersize and health goals.For both on-season, and off-season protocal.
    The article by Fonz summerizes the benefits of experimentation with different dosage amount. It is a really good read. Excellent work. I think he also mentions using a combo of Gla and alcar for increasing the thermogenic response.
    Last edited by Valmont; 02-27-2004 at 11:02 AM.

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Is ALCAR (acetyl-L-carnitine) effective for fat loss? I've been using it for about 4 months now and I'm thinking of not reordering since I don't think it does anything for me...

Quote Originally Posted by tatertoos
    Is ALCAR (acetyl-L-carnitine) effective for fat loss? I've been using it for about 4 months now and I'm thinking of not reordering since I don't think it does anything for me...
    Your best bet would be to pm mac...the mod on the top of the list here. He would be able to provide you with the most data about fat loss supplements.

Don't feel bad, your first mistake is your expectations of supplements being some type of magic wand.

If your cardio and diet were inorder 4 months would be more than enough time to see a result in fat loss.

Supplements are just that-supplements.

Hope that helps. If not...do the pm thing. Alcar has numerous scientific studies to back up its viabiltiy. I think you chem teacher may help you this as well.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Valmont; 02-27-2004 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertoos

Also, if something isn't working after 6 weeks change it around.

For example, give 7-keto a chance or get your dr. to check thyroid. Your school nurse may be able to help with this as well.lol...just playin

If you set a goal to burn 500 cals a day. you should be at least burning a 1/2 percent a week.

elementary stuff bro. burnoff more than you take in...you lose fat

Have a blessed day.

Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    What's the difference between R-ALA and regular alpha lipoic acid?

with respect to glucose clearance- R+ lipoic is apprx 3-4times (or more in some individuals) as potent as racemate.

with respect to anti-oxident effects it varies depending on tissue from 3 to 40 times a potent. Of particular note are its many fold supremacy in ocular and heart tissue.

a lite read on the subject

http://www.glucorell.com/DrMatt.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    by the way T-rex rocks!!

Thread Information