Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 60
  1. #1
    will86 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    137

    peanut butter sandwich..

    How many of you guys eat pb sandwiches pretty often? Is it ideal?

  2. #2
    LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I eat at least 1 PB and banana sandwich a day.


    LOL, good sandwich site!

    http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com/

  3. #3
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I eat at least 1 PB and banana sandwich a day.


    LOL, good sandwich site!

    http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com/
    Bro that sounds so good right now

  4. #4
    lifesabitch is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I eat at least 1 PB and banana sandwich a day.


    LOL, good sandwich site!

    http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com/
    That's an awesome site!

  5. #5
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,008
    I hate how you all make me hungry.

  6. #6
    mekler's Avatar
    mekler is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    252
    dammit... this thread MADE me eat 1/4 jar of natty PB...

  7. #7
    Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    314
    The most incredible thing to eat on a cheat day: make a pb sandwich w/lots of pb, bananas and honey...butter the outside of the bread, put butter in a frying pan and grill it. SO good

  8. #8
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    The most incredible thing to eat on a cheat day: make a pb sandwich w/lots of pb, bananas and honey...butter the outside of the bread, put butter in a frying pan and grill it. SO good
    Stop it. STOP ! ! !

  9. #9
    cb25's Avatar
    cb25 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ to MA...depends on whe
    Posts
    2,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    The most incredible thing to eat on a cheat day: make a pb sandwich w/lots of pb, bananas and honey...butter the outside of the bread, put butter in a frying pan and grill it. SO good
    goddamm!! i f*cking loooooove those!!! i think maybe 2-3 people that I've met in my life were familiar with this particular devil-made indulgence...

    and i've had a bad day...tonight may be one of those nights...

  10. #10
    Mr. Death's Avatar
    Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,441
    When I am bulking I usually eat a natural pb sandwich every day for a snack.

  11. #11
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    Stop Taking About Food DAM IT.

    Just jokin this dry plain chicken breast is MMMMM good

  12. #12
    IronCy's Avatar
    IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,012
    I feel you RON, im about to grow wings, and cluck my life away.....bah...chicken is getting old.
    -Cy

  13. #13
    ADAWG's Avatar
    ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    houston area
    Posts
    107
    Cant stop talking about food man this is a diet forum. That sounds pretty freakin awesome if you ask me and all I have to say is " DONT DENY YOUR FEELINGS" HAHAHA. Every body make one of these and go to town!!!!

  14. #14
    ADAWG's Avatar
    ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    houston area
    Posts
    107
    Cant stop talking about food man this is a diet forum. That sounds pretty freakin awesome if you ask me and all I have to say is " DONT DENY YOUR FEELINGS" HAHAHA. Every body make one of these and go to town!!!!

  15. #15
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    Naw bro I'm just jokin. I got some good tortillas with only 3 grams of carbs. I'm stuffin down some chicken tacos right now. These things have made my diet so much easier.

    Now peanutbutter still sounds good though

  16. #16
    Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    238
    I lived with this dude who loved pb and chicken breast sandwiched. Swears that they are awesome. Have yet to try it myself, too chicken... I mean scared.

    I talked to him recently. He's in Florida now and he still says he eats them.

  17. #17
    RON's Avatar
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    I lived with this dude who loved pb and chicken breast sandwiched. Swears that they are awesome. Have yet to try it myself, too chicken... I mean scared.

    I talked to him recently. He's in Florida now and he still says he eats them.

    Sounds good to me.

  18. #18
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,739
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    How many of you guys eat pb sandwiches pretty often? Is it ideal?
    Ideal for what? Open ended questions are impossible to provide answers to.

    ~SC~

  19. #19
    will86 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    137
    ideal for bulking. sorry for the incomplete thought.

  20. #20
    cjp85's Avatar
    cjp85 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SD_CALI
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    ideal for bulking. sorry for the incomplete thought.
    Ideal would be anything with sufficient calories made up of protein with a high biological value and good carbs

  21. #21
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,739
    For a treat, I guess. As a muscle building food, not.

    ~SC~

  22. #22
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    For a treat, I guess. As a muscle building food, not.

    ~SC~

    some buddies i know use natural pb when bulking. i guess they it's helped them.

  23. #23
    will86 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    137
    hey swole, is it beneficial for my metabolism to have a cheat meal while bulking or can i just bulk with plenty of clean calories and be fine?

  24. #24
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,739
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    some buddies i know use natural pb when bulking. i guess they it's helped them.
    The food listed was peanut butter sandwiches.

    Not natural peanut butter as one item.

    I am well aware of natural peanut butter's properties and benefits to a myriad of dietary approaches.

    It's imperative to remember the subject of the conversation.

    Thanks,
    ~SC~

  25. #25
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The food listed was peanut butter sandwiches.

    Not natural peanut butter as one item.

    I am well aware of natural peanut butter's properties and benefits to a myriad of dietary approaches.

    It's imperative to remember the subject of the conversation.

    Thanks,
    ~SC~

    Actually he said peanut butter sandwichs which is not descriptive on whether it was natural or not to be technical. And your right it is imperative to read the description as I'm sure you did with your answers. No way am I insulting your knowledge as I can see you have a vast array. But don't come bashing me when the question isn't stated specifically technically.

  26. #26
    DBarcelo's Avatar
    DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    How many of you guys eat pb sandwiches pretty often? Is it ideal?
    Peanut butter is good for bulking if you are thin and can stand a little bit of fat on you, but the best thing about peanut butter is the phosphorus in it. It has a lot of phophates in it and your body turns it into ADP, which is used to fuel your muscles (as well as other cells). Eating it half an hour or so before a workout is ideal. If you're already on the chunky side and trying to bulk up your muscle, then you should stay away from peanut butter sandwiches and get phosphates from something else.

  27. #27
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,739
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    Actually he said peanut butter sandwichs which is not descriptive on whether it was natural or not to be technical. And your right it is imperative to read the description as I'm sure you did with your answers. No way am I insulting your knowledge as I can see you have a vast array. But don't come bashing me when the question isn't stated specifically technically.
    I didn't bash you, I responded to the statement about your buddy's using it during bulking. Sandwiches, natural pb or not is not an issue, would not be ideal for means of fats and processed carbs in one meal together, even while bulking. I had already assumed the peanut butter in the middle was natural, but that doesn't change my feelings on the matter. Hell, some may bulk differently than others and that's fine, I just gave my $.02...........

    ~SC~

  28. #28
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,040
    I have to agree with SC. Peanut butter contains a LOT of saturated fats. If I try to bulk using it, I put on extra fat immediately. Some is ok, but unsaturated fats or EFAs are a better choice in my opinion.

  29. #29
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I have to agree with SC. Peanut butter contains a LOT of saturated fats. If I try to bulk using it, I put on extra fat immediately. Some is ok, but unsaturated fats or EFAs are a better choice in my opinion.

    actually natural peanut butter has no trans fats. some saturated is needed for your body. just because you tend to get extra fat doesnt make it a bad meal. and you most likely put on extra fat for several other reasons besides peanut butter. Also, i never said for a whole meal, just as part of thier total diet.

  30. #30
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Peanut butter is good for bulking if you are thin and can stand a little bit of fat on you, but the best thing about peanut butter is the phosphorus in it. It has a lot of phophates in it and your body turns it into ADP, which is used to fuel your muscles (as well as other cells). Eating it half an hour or so before a workout is ideal. If you're already on the chunky side and trying to bulk up your muscle, then you should stay away from peanut butter sandwiches and get phosphates from something else.
    Good to see you back .

  31. #31
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    actually natural peanut butter has no trans fats. some saturated is needed for your body. just because you tend to get extra fat doesnt make it a bad meal. and you most likely put on extra fat for several other reasons besides peanut butter. Also, i never said for a whole meal, just as part of thier total diet.
    I'm very strict with my diet, only adding one new thing at once. By including 4-6 tbsps of pb a day (34-41gms of fat), I noticed a change in body composition. If I add the same calories with more moderate fats/carbs/protein, I don't notice any extra fat accumulation.

    I agree that your body does need some saturated fat, but keep in mind that testosterone is manufactured from cholesterol. It is manufactured by your liver in addition to dietary cholesterol. It seems from my own personal experience that getting some saturated fat from eggs/meats etc is enough.

  32. #32
    DARKSEID's Avatar
    DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,757
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I'm very strict with my diet, only adding one new thing at once. By including 4-6 tbsps of pb a day (34-41gms of fat), I noticed a change in body composition. If I add the same calories with more moderate fats/carbs/protein, I don't notice any extra fat accumulation.

    I agree that your body does need some saturated fat, but keep in mind that testosterone is manufactured from cholesterol. It is manufactured by your liver in addition to dietary cholesterol. It seems from my own personal experience that getting some saturated fat from eggs/meats etc is enough.

    agreed on that point, I used to eat alot of pb sandwiches, and pretty much ran into the same problems and have done much better without it.

  33. #33
    DBarcelo's Avatar
    DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Good to see you back .
    Thanks bro. Happy to be back.

  34. #34
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Thanks bro. Happy to be back.
    Now, can we please get you an avatar?

  35. #35
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    . It seems from my own personal experience that getting some saturated fat from eggs/meats etc is enough.
    exactly from you own personal experience, not a fact. and 4-6 tbsp is roughly 2-3 servings. I would suffice it to say take one serving to help with your fat needs.

  36. #36
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,040
    Whatever man, you just like to start arguments.

    I'll stick to olive oil and fats from fish and you can stay with peanut butter. Good luck with your "too much bodyfat" from your profile.

  37. #37
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,739
    True that!

    Attitude city......

    ~SC~

  38. #38
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Whatever man, you just like to start arguments.

    I'll stick to olive oil and fats from fish and you can stay with peanut butter. Good luck with your "too much bodyfat" from your profile.

    no, it's just you schmucks think you know best and aren't open to new ideas. stick with your olive oils lad and fats from fish, im sure you'll do well. and i never said i eat the sandwichs chief, my buddies do.

  39. #39
    usualsuspect's Avatar
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,936
    bottom line is that peanut butter sandwiches, regardless of whether its with natural or skippy pb, is not an ideal meal for building muscle.

    Yes, they can be ideal for putting on size (which is what you want when bulking) but that will also involve fat storage.

    For clean bulking pb sandwiches are NOT ideal. If they were then it would be okay to add a hoagie to your diet as well.

    ~US~

  40. #40
    homeboybonanza's Avatar
    homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    216
    LOL...
    Peanut Butter sandwiches! ROTFLMFAO!
    People concerned with bulking kills me....wish I had that problem! I drive by a Dunkin Donuts and I put on 5 lbs.!!! lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •