Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Domestic Shipping

wellshii is offline Member

Domestic Shipping

Im confused as to why all the Domestic guys ship via usps?
    Is that not the worst shipper to use when dealing with these items?

dpstore is online now Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    I guess because its cheaper option and easier and safe

wellshii is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dpstore View Post
    I guess because its cheaper option and easier and safe
    Considering there are postal inspectors I dont think safe is exactly the reason.
    And to boot from my experience from buying things via Amazon or wherever , my local post office guys cant read a damn address right and have gotten other peoples mail a handful of times.
    Which sucks and leaves me not wanting to get anything .

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Actually, they're one of the better providers. The main problem with any delivery service is when the shipper isn't wise enough to use common sense.
    Testie likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    The downside to shipping USPS is that as soon as you do something illegal with that mail box it’s a federal case, the upside is the shear volume of parcels mailed USPS lowers the probability of detection if packaged correctly and the post office typically gets the delivery right verses the brown or white truck guys

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Usps is a joke. Takes a week to get my shit here from literally a day’s drive. Its a government funded agency. That says enough right there. There shipping system is good i think its just poorly managed. The priority boxes are probably the best deal out there
    songdog, wellshii and ryno98 like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I will take UPS over usps any day.I live in the country and my driveway is 1/4 mile long.They will not come down it for nothing and they are driving.Now in the city those guys earn their money they walk.
    wellshii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I will take UPS over usps any day.I live in the country and my driveway is 1/4 mile long.They will not come down it for nothing and they are driving.Now in the city those guys earn their money they walk.
    USPS carrier here ( rural carriers are contract carriers) comes up the driveway all the way to the house. UPS may leave a package down at the road with a picture taken of it, down at the shop, or on top of the well house. Very irregular service from UPS.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    USPS carrier here ( rural carriers are contract carriers) comes up the driveway all the way to the house. UPS may leave a package down at the road with a picture taken of it, down at the shop, or on top of the well house. Very irregular service from UPS.

You think the driver could have something to do with it? Or do they all do it as a policy thing. My worst experiences are with fedex. I actually had to chase one down one time with help from another fedex driver i seen at a parts store i wheeled in and said whose the guy delivering to ******* adress and he called him and got his location. I got my fuckin shit long story short

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You think the driver could have something to do with it? Or do they all do it as a policy thing. My worst experiences are with fedex. I actually had to chase one down one time with help from another fedex driver i seen at a parts store i wheeled in and said whose the guy delivering to ******* adress and he called him and got his location. I got my fuckin shit long story short
    Probably is dependent on the carrier.

We're rural and closest PO is in a town of ~1,140 people, so even out in the sticks pretty much everyone is semi- familiar with everyone. I think my carrier's route is 80+ miles long.

I will say my carrier is a sweetheart of a lady, but even when she's on vacation, the other carriers deliver up to the house, too. Once I had a methhead steal my mail and it just happened to contain a new debit card Fucker got me for $500 before I could shut the card down. I finally was able to get a copy of the still photo of the idiot and went around asking questions. My mail carrier and her sister both ID'ed him. Then I called the county detective in charge of my case and gave him the name and they arrested him. So it could just be a small town/country thing?

Off topic, but I do now know for a fact ( confirmed by LE) that your PIN number is stored on your card. All a crook needs is a skimmer and they have everything they need to use that card.

Now, we do always take care of our carriers. In the summertime, we keep some bottles of water chilling and if we hear them coming, we'll take them a cold water or if we happen to be cooking on the grill, we'll slap together a hamburger for them.

Absolutely agree, FedEx sucks green donkey d*cks from my experience. Those idiots left 3 cases of freeze dried food down at the road, just sitting there. One time, I ordered spare magazines for my P220 because they were on sale. Damned if FedEx didn't just put them in a clear plastic bag and tie them to the mailbox. Over $280 worth of magazines and a few spare recoil springs tied to a mail box out in the country. Also have encountered major problems with FedEx losing packages containing Class 1 items.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-31-2023 at 04:20 PM.
    Cuz likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    My UPS driver usually brings it to my house or the other guy pisses me off and puts it in my mail box where it got stole once.

Aristimuqoh is offline Junior Member
    Domestic shipments do not have to go through customs, so I do not see the risk with respect to that, now their logistics are not very good but in terms of security you should not have any problem,

EXDACY is offline New Member
    From someone working at post office, even if an illicit substance is found most time they will still ship knowing that. Also, in the course of approximately 2 months only 2 packages were searched found illegal things in both and both were still sent out. USPS is safe

Thread Information