dan991 is offline Anabolic Member

I think I'm lost....

Well, it's been a while. Long story short, over a year ago (April of last year) I was racing my motorcycle (Ducati 999R) at Grattan Raceway and crashed very hard and was completely by the concrete. Last thing I remember is grabbing 3rd gear going into turn 3. Then, according to others, a helicopter took me for a ride to the hospital. Anyways, after a long recovery, a bunch of pain, broken bones, and surgeries, I came back here to start getting stronger again. Well.. now I feel like I've never even been to this forum. Thing's have changed but I can't recall exactly what. Hell, I don't even know if I'm posting in the right section....

Anyways, prior to my crash, I was on a prescription HRT program, lifting, eating, etc. So, the day of the crash, I literally went from on cycle, to having an IV drip of just fluids. The good thing is it didn't effect me physically (like I though it would.) I lost about 40 lbs. but mostly from just laying in bed. So here I sit trying to figure out how I should "start lifting" again, and I'm like Do I start like I have never been to the gym? Do I go back and start the same programs all over again and just adjust weight to fit my current size and capabilites.... Call and order all new scripts? Go to GNC and just get some protien and start there? What type of routine to start? Hell, I feel like it's the first time I stepped in the gym and I'm scared to even go back....

Help
    Last edited by dan991; 08-24-2006 at 08:29 PM.

try-n is offline New Member
    Me,as a former fellow racer,understanding the acumulation of injuries that builds over the years,would heartily reccomend a deca /test cycle. Even 200mg a week of the deca,about the same of test will make it much easier to move.I'm getting past pain I've had for 20 years from crashes with a deca/test cycle now. It's not juicin',It's just plain good medicine. I'm shocked. Both my knees are the same size every day now! After you feel normal again you go back to your regular hrt dose,but no reason not to bump it up while trying to rehab.If you are eating asprin every single day now,you owe it to yourself to heal.meds can help.

Quote Originally Posted by try-n
    Me,as a former fellow racer,understanding the acumulation of injuries that builds over the years,would heartily reccomend a deca/test cycle. Even 200mg a week of the deca,about the same of test will make it much easier to move.I'm getting past pain I've had for 20 years from crashes with a deca/test cycle now. It's not juicin',It's just plain good medicine. I'm shocked. Both my knees are the same size every day now! After you feel normal again you go back to your regular hrt dose,but no reason not to bump it up while trying to rehab.If you are eating asprin every single day now,you owe it to yourself to heal.meds can help.
    Actually, I'm pretty much recovered. I had a broken collar bone, knee, bruised liver, broken rib, concusion, etc. I highsided at the top of 3rd gear pretty bad and the bike landed ontop of me. But, I haven't put any "weight" on my body yet. I feel like it never happend, I've spent the last year doing nothing but recovery. I feel like I'm ready to grab a set of dumbells, but when I actually do it, it may be a different story.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisinturn1
    Actually, I'm pretty much recovered. I had a broken collar bone, knee, bruised liver, broken rib, concusion, etc. I highsided at the top of 3rd gear pretty bad and the bike landed ontop of me. But, I haven't put any "weight" on my body yet. I feel like it never happend, I've spent the last year doing nothing but recovery. I feel like I'm ready to grab a set of dumbells, but when I actually do it, it may be a different story.
    glad your back at it, i was off for 18 months and coming back to the gym is a bitch. i couldnt do any thing close to what i was , but its just good to be back.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good you're ok man....sound like a scary ride you had...
    go pick up those dumbells it will all come back to you....that's where it starts anyway before any doses come into play
    best of luck

Thanks guys...

Here's the biggest question though:

Do I start a cycle, or do I start with building blocks again and then worry about a cycle later. Should I just start with protien and such or should I jump back on cycle from day 1.

Thread Information