Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Had blood work last Friday and my total test came back at 1521ng/dl.

Date TESTOSTERONE , TOTAL
    3/10/08 97
    4/11/08 1024
    5/15/08 1521

I'm surprised at the results since I've been dosing at 200mgs. every two weeks and using .5mg arimidex twice weekly.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 05-17-2008 at 11:36 AM.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Nice numbers. I bet your lifts are much better and I bet you gained 10-15lbs too.

When do you do your blood work in relation to the injections?

Do you think that you can run in the 1500's long term because of the armidex?

I know, I was pretty surprised too and my doc was not so happy. I feel great and my workouts are better, I can lift heavier and longer. My weight has pretty much remained the same, but I am starting to lean out. My doctor wants me to change the dosage to 150mg's every two weeks. I'm going with 100mg's per week along with the Arimidex . I have bloodwork in another 2 months and that will be the test.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Nice numbers. I bet your lifts are much better and I bet you gained 10-15lbs too.

When do you do your blood work in relation to the injections?

Do you think that you can run in the 1500's long term because of the armidex?
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 05-28-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Been following your thread but it seems to have dropped off, any updates?

Just been going through the motion, so to speak. I have bloodwork coming up in the next month and with my current dosing of 100mg's Test-C per week I'm curiious at to where my levels will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Been following your thread but it seems to have dropped off, any updates?
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 07-22-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Just received my latest blood's and am not too surprised by what the results were. I didn't use any A-dex for 1 week before taking the tests since when I use it with my therapy my test level sky-rockets. My pcp doesn't know what an AI is and it's easier for me and cheaper to get it on my own, so before this test I dropped it.
    Next blood's I'm going to use my a-dex and .5cc per week of my 200mg/ml Test-Cyp. just to see what happens and where my level peaks out at.
    Date's Level
    3/10/08 97
    4/11/08 1024
    5/15/08 1521
    7/18/08 655

Range >220- ng/dL

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why does a-dex raise levels?

Because it keeps the Test-Cyp that I'm injecting from Aromatizing into Estrogen, that's its job. Most people take .5mg EOD, but I use it when I feel it is necessary to combat some estrogen related sides that occur.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    why does a-dex raise levels?

I just received the letter from my Doc about last months blood's, He is satisfied with this level and I no longer need to have monthly bloodwork. Yehaa!!!! I'm keeping my dosing protocol at 1cc every 10 to 12 days.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    I just received the letter from my Doc about last months blood's, He is satisfied with this level and I no longer need to have monthly bloodwork. Yehaa!!!! I'm keeping my dosing protocol at 1cc every 10 to 12 days.
    that's a nice protocol....only having to jab a few times a month...glad it works for you

biggunSC is offline New Member
    Why your test is so high... way to high for your age in my opinion Otto a little reading for you if you like. BTW some estrogen is ok as you will read below:

Anastrozole operates by blocking the aromatase enzyme, the primary enzyme for the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. A steroid that is altered by this enzyme is referred to as an aromatizing steroid, and such steroids can cause estrogen build-up. This has several potential side-effects such as water retention, fat gain and lets not forget gynocomastia (the growth of breast tissue in men). To prevent such effects anti-aromatase products can be used. Often times during a cycle most will want to allow for some estrogen, since it heavily promotes strength and gains as well (increases GH, upgrades the androgen receptor, improves glucose utilization). These people will generally opt for an estrogen receptor antagonist such as Nolvadex (tamoxifen ) or Clomid (Clomiphene). These products do not stop the formation of estrogen, but stop the estrogen from exerting its effects by competitively taking up the receptors for this hormone. This allows them to stop any problems dead in their tracks, acting very fast, but upon discontinuation allowing for immediate influx of estrogen again as well. This has the benefit that they can be used as soon as problems arise, and discontinued when they subside, thereby only reducing estrogen-mediated gains for the time-span of the occurring problem (mostly gyno). Aromatase blockers like arimidex and proviron on the other hand are more useful for those seeking to eliminate estrogen from a cycle of aromatizable steroids all together. People who are willing to settle for slower gains, in an attempt to stay lean throughout, or for those who are truly sensitive to estrogen and do not want to take the risk of problems occurring. And arimidex is the clear weapon of choice here, at least to those who can afford it.

Things one needs to note while using arimidex is that the benefits of estrogen become non-existent as well. First of all that means gains can be drastically reduced. They will be leaner and more qualitative, but they will nonetheless be seriously reduced. A second problem is that estrogen seems to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. Since estrogen is reduced, the use of arimidex may have a profound impact on HDL to LDL ratio's in your cholesterol profile. In this aspect the use of Nolvadex is more user-friendly, because despite its anti-estrogenic effects in most tissues, it seems to exert positive estrogenic effects in the liver and promote a better cholesterol profile.

Thanks for the info, but I'm not on a cycle, so to speak. I'm on TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by biggunSC View Post
    Why your test is so high... way to high for your age in my opinion Otto a little reading for you if you like. BTW some estrogen is ok as you will read below:

Anastrozole operates by blocking the aromatase enzyme, the primary enzyme for the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. A steroid that is altered by this enzyme is referred to as an aromatizing steroid, and such steroids can cause estrogen build-up. This has several potential side-effects such as water retention, fat gain and lets not forget gynocomastia (the growth of breast tissue in men). To prevent such effects anti-aromatase products can be used. Often times during a cycle most will want to allow for some estrogen, since it heavily promotes strength and gains as well (increases GH, upgrades the androgen receptor, improves glucose utilization). These people will generally opt for an estrogen receptor antagonist such as Nolvadex (tamoxifen ) or Clomid (Clomiphene). These products do not stop the formation of estrogen, but stop the estrogen from exerting its effects by competitively taking up the receptors for this hormone. This allows them to stop any problems dead in their tracks, acting very fast, but upon discontinuation allowing for immediate influx of estrogen again as well. This has the benefit that they can be used as soon as problems arise, and discontinued when they subside, thereby only reducing estrogen-mediated gains for the time-span of the occurring problem (mostly gyno). Aromatase blockers like arimidex and proviron on the other hand are more useful for those seeking to eliminate estrogen from a cycle of aromatizable steroids all together. People who are willing to settle for slower gains, in an attempt to stay lean throughout, or for those who are truly sensitive to estrogen and do not want to take the risk of problems occurring. And arimidex is the clear weapon of choice here, at least to those who can afford it.

Things one needs to note while using arimidex is that the benefits of estrogen become non-existent as well. First of all that means gains can be drastically reduced. They will be leaner and more qualitative, but they will nonetheless be seriously reduced. A second problem is that estrogen seems to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. Since estrogen is reduced, the use of arimidex may have a profound impact on HDL to LDL ratio's in your cholesterol profile. In this aspect the use of Nolvadex is more user-friendly, because despite its anti-estrogenic effects in most tissues, it seems to exert positive estrogenic effects in the liver and promote a better cholesterol profile.

Been doing my injections every 10 days and everything is going great, I have not been using my a-dex except I usually take a .5mg 1 week after injection and thats it, no gyno issues, probably just my body getting used to the Test-Cyp, that I had some nipple puffiness.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been doing my injections every 10 days and everything is going great, I have not been using my a-dex except I usually take a .5mg 1 week after injection and thats it, no gyno issues, probably just my body getting used to the Test-Cyp, that I had some nipple puffiness.
    wheres the pics?

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasea777 View Post
    Hey otto. I'm on my second week of test cyp as part of HRT. Im doing 100 mg every four days and Arimidex .5mg every other day. Im training 3 days a week. Haven't really noticed anything yet but hoping it will kick in soon. Good luck to you and keep posting your results.

Take care....
    L
    How did you guys get the arimidex?

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    Just received my latest blood's and am not too surprised by what the results were. I didn't use any A-dex for 1 week before taking the tests since when I use it with my therapy my test level sky-rockets. My pcp doesn't know what an AI is and it's easier for me and cheaper to get it on my own, so before this test I dropped it.
    Next blood's I'm going to use my a-dex and .5cc per week of my 200mg/ml Test-Cyp. just to see what happens and where my level peaks out at.
    Date's Level
    3/10/08 97
    4/11/08 1024
    5/15/08 1521
    7/18/08 655

Range >220- ng/dL
    Can you list the dates and amount injected corresponding to these results please. How much do you think the arimidex raises your test?

You can read the whole thread and find out everything.
    I'm going to stop using the A-dex alltogether, I don't like the way it makes me feel, gives me a little more anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS RR View Post
    Can you list the dates and amount injected corresponding to these results please. How much do you think the arimidex raises your test?

ZTEM is offline Associate Member
    d you have pics of some results?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I do 200mgs/every 10days of Cyp as well. And as stated above, I add a bit of Nolva for its positive impact on my lipid profile!

Saw my Primary care physician today, for a yearly update, going to leave the test at 200mgs every 10 days. Inquired about addding deca to my plan and he referred me to an Endo.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    Saw my Primary care physician today, for a yearly update, going to leave the test at 200mgs every 10 days. Inquired about addding deca to my plan and he referred me to an Endo.
    what's the reason for adding deca ?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    would like to see a traditional endo prescribe nandralone...wonder how often that gets done....anti aging clinic diff story

Joint lubrication, I have other medical problems for which this might help.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    what's the reason for adding deca?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information