Rainer is offline New Member

members who are on HRT longer than 5 yrs ?

Hi,

Iīm Rainer from Germany. I am 49 and have had problems with my testosterone levels since a vasektomy, which was done about 4 years ago.

I had the usual symptoms, like problems with libido, slight depressions and so on. It got worse every year. Then I started researching and soon found that my free testosterone was quite on the low range (6.6 pg/ml). Even the conservative German charts read from 6.5 - 57 pg/ml.

As of today, in Germany there is very little official HRT support, which means you got to do what it takes mainly by yourself. I got my testo and some other stuff, (had done a long research before), and currently I am on a lowdose TRT, which means 125 mg/week. I prefer this to 250mg every 2 weeks, as the peak levels are much more smoother. Now i feel good again, I am in the gym 4 days/week, doing weights and cardio. I donīt drink nor smoke, eat healthy, and take some supps like fishoil and aminos. BF is now in the 11% range.

So I wonder whether there are members here who are on HRT longer than 5 years, and I would very much like to know what they do and how they plan to go ahead into the future.

Thanks for reading (couldnīt write it shorter) !

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    there are members here that are on Hrt for life mat,hopefully some will chime in for you............

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

ZonaDave is offline Member
    i've seen guys on here who have been on TRT for 10-15 years.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Usually it is for life.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Rainer,
    I am in a very similar position to you right now. Same symtoms, my Test was low but still considered within "normal" range. I could not get my Doc to put me on Test so I went at it on my own. Currently 100mg of Test-E/week and feel incredible. I plan to stay on it for life.

Hi,

thanks everybody!

Iīm quite clear that HRT is for life, I will have to stay with it, too.

What Iīm interested in is how (if at all) the mental feeling and the body power could change over the years while on a constant dose.

Or the other way round: as we grow older, will the HRT treatment be always the same in dosage / gear or has it to be adapted according to the body state?

It would be great to hear from someone who has been on HRT some years now and how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Hi,

thanks everybody!

Iīm quite clear that HRT is for life, I will have to stay with it, too.

What Iīm interested in is how (if at all) the mental feeling and the body power could change over the years while on a constant dose.

Or the other way round: as we grow older, will the HRT treatment be always the same in dosage / gear or has it to be adapted according to the body state?

It would be great to hear from someone who has been on HRT some years now and how he feels.
    More than likely as you age you will have to increase you dose. Your body will be producing less on it's own so in order to stay at your current level you will have to bump up the dose.

romo6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
    Rainer,
    I am in a very similar position to you right now. Same symtoms, my Test was low but still considered within "normal" range. I could not get my Doc to put me on Test so I went at it on my own. Currently 100mg of Test-E/week and feel incredible. I plan to stay on it for life.
    I hear there,mine is self prescribed also.

Philly Grappler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt View Post
    Rainer,
    Are you running an AI with it, and, if so, what are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Grappler View Post
    Are you running an AI with it, and, if so, what are you running?
    Not at this time. I am getting new blood work done in 3 weeks and will start if needed.

Iīm also considering using Arimidex in small doses, about 0,25mg (one quarter of a tab), maybe e3d.

My last Estradiol measure was in the upper range (37, range is from 10 - 48), but I would like to aim at a level near the bottom range. Will take blood measure in about 4 weeks, then decide what to do.

Thread Information